Shit's Borked

RPM

4 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

still File not Found error when clicking on forum links at the bottom of the page.  in Dark Mode if that matters.  forum links at top of page seem to work

wasn't fixed for the no avatar dark mode - fixed now. 

• Hook 'Em 2

i have a random question that has nothing to do with bork'd-ness.

i find that there are occasional thread that have a box of statistics on the thread between the first and second post of the thread page with info like who has posted the most in the thread, what the most popular days for the thread were, etc...  but it is is only on like 1 out of every 20 or so threads that i click on.  i find that information very interesting.  is there a setting that i am missing so that i can see that on every thread instead of some arbitrary threads?  does it have to do with the length or popularity of the thread or something?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, sidis said:

i have a random question that has nothing to do with bork'd-ness.

i find that there are occasional thread that have a box of statistics on the thread between the first and second post of the thread page with info like who has posted the most in the thread, what the most popular days for the thread were, etc...  but it is is only on like 1 out of every 20 or so threads that i click on.  i find that information very interesting.  is there a setting that i am missing so that i can see that on every thread instead of some arbitrary threads?  does it have to do with the length or popularity of the thread or something?

100 pages is when it starts doing summaries - do we think it would be valuable for 20 or 50 page threads?

Just now, immamac said:

100 pages is when it starts doing summaries - do we think it would be valuable for 20 or 50 page threads?

i doubt anyone else would give a shit.  but i am an econometrics/data douche so i can't help but find it interesting.  if it is just a couple of clicks to change it, then that would be cool at a smaller threshold like 20 pages (which is 1,000 posts, right?).

2 hours ago, sidis said:

i doubt anyone else would give a shit.  but i am an econometrics/data douche so i can't help but find it interesting.  if it is just a couple of clicks to change it, then that would be cool at a smaller threshold like 20 pages (which is 1,000 posts, right?).

spacer.png

On 6/6/2022 at 7:11 PM, Nicole44 said:

Hope you are feeling ok! Beat Cancer!

This will either cheer you up or ruin your day…

Not a wise decision to post this bc y’all will critique the hell out of me, but fuck it! I’m the happiest I have ever been in my life. Totally happy. Completely in love.

Consider this the best (if slightly doctored with the orange pen) I can do. 

The board is jacked up anyway right? If I have to take a time out I’ll take it. Also don’t DM me for more stuff bc this is it. chances are like 5 people will see this…

12F1529E-5304-46F0-AF25-4B72C7C29749.jpeg

Smirnoff Ice Screwdrivers are a helluva a drug. 

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Smirnoff Ice Screwdrivers are a helluva a drug. 

That pic was to honor a bet (you I think) and also hopefully cheer up a poster  dealing with cancer.  Not that it matters but sober since April 24. That was for @Sbbruin.  He’s cool in my book! 66-3 was a fucking anomaly damnit! 

Everyone should go dark mode…it’s better

• Like 2

On 6/6/2022 at 8:11 PM, Nicole44 said:

Hope you are feeling ok! Beat Cancer!

This will either cheer you up or ruin your day…

Not a wise decision to post this bc y’all will critique the hell out of me, but fuck it! I’m the happiest I have ever been in my life. Totally happy. Completely in love.

Consider this the best (if slightly doctored with the orange pen) I can do. 

The board is jacked up anyway right? If I have to take a time out I’ll take it. Also don’t DM me for more stuff bc this is it. chances are like 5 people will see this…

F6D8A3E6-2953-45E4-BC26-F9A6426BF1A3.gif.c3c6ee8a1f93d585bb5141d33f769ed8.gif

On 6/7/2022 at 1:28 PM, gyroprotagonist said:

thanks!  how long until your 

image.png.f96f4851c559972a53bc21997a826e49.png

powered servers get the change going?

Damn that takes me way back.  From summer 99-02 I was working tech support for Creative Labs (Soundblaster) in an old department store in Stillwater.  Was an incredibly craptastic operation to say the least.  

There were three calls I dreaded…anything Win3.1 or NT4, DXr2 tuner cards and people with Cyrix procs.  

Something about the way it handled IRQs or the cache or something caused all kinds of shit issues with the Creative products.  

Good times.  As someone between GenX and Millenials, I came of age right between DIP-land and PnP-world, when you actually had to understand how it worked to get it performing well…served me well for the five years at two companies on the phones…and when my wife loses her shit over something minor with literally any electronic device  

/Not So CSB

so I recently made elasticsearch HA and in doing so made it go through surlyhorns.com and it was exposed to the world, I assume some malicious actor was being a dick and truncating the index. It's locked down now, so the issue should be solved.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, immamac said:

so I recently made elasticsearch HA and in doing so made it go through surlyhorns.com and it was exposed to the world, I assume some malicious actor was being a dick and truncating the index. It's locked down now, so the issue should be solved.

Out of curiosity - is the HA active/active, or just for fail over and less impactful maintence? Hooray redundancy though! Unless they're in racks next to each other lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Out of curiosity - is the HA active/active, or just for fail over and less impactful maintence? Hooray redundancy though! Unless they're in racks next to each other lol

Round robin. Have a replica not in rotation in Chicago

• Hook 'Em 3

On 6/12/2022 at 7:01 AM, Homercles said:

Damn that takes me way back.  From summer 99-02 I was working tech support for Creative Labs (Soundblaster) in an old department store in Stillwater.  Was an incredibly craptastic operation to say the least.  

There were three calls I dreaded…anything Win3.1 or NT4, DXr2 tuner cards and people with Cyrix procs.  

Something about the way it handled IRQs or the cache or something caused all kinds of shit issues with the Creative products.  

Good times.  As someone between GenX and Millenials, I came of age right between DIP-land and PnP-world, when you actually had to understand how it worked to get it performing well…served me well for the five years at two companies on the phones…and when my wife loses her shit over something minor with literally any electronic device  

/Not So CSB

i had an AWE32 and a voodoo running on NT4 way back in the day.  dell pentium pro with edo ram and a sweet 3.2 GB (lol) hard drive .  overclocked it to 233 by changing a jumper on the board.  still have it somewhere around here. 

i never called you, though. 

5 minutes ago, elfenix said:

i had an AWE32 and a voodoo running on NT4 way back in the day.  dell pentium pro with edo ram and a sweet 3.2 GB (lol) hard drive .  overclocked it to 233 by changing a jumper on the board.  still have it somewhere around here. 

i never called you, though. 

This takes me back.

Though also i remember when 44 MB hard drives hit the market, so only like halfway back lol

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, G650 said:

This takes me back.

Though also i remember when 44 MB hard drives hit the market, so only like halfway back lol

pretty sure our first computer had a 20 MB hard drive.  and we were late to the home computer game.  dad: "you're just going to use it to play games and you already have your nintendo"

he wasn't wrong. 

11 minutes ago, elfenix said:

pretty sure our first computer had a 20 MB hard drive.  and we were late to the home computer game.  dad: "you're just going to use it to play games and you already have your nintendo"

he wasn't wrong. 

Oh yeah for sure. My old man was not amused by my computer game wish list. I was allowed one game and I got the Flight of the Intruder sim. At the time it seemed like the most badass flight sim possible. I'm sure now if I went to look at a screen cap of it I would just see a bunch of vague polygons on the screen

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/7/2022 at 5:00 PM, immamac said:

On 6/7/2022 at 5:03 PM, sidis said:

i see you immamac.  nice.

1 hour ago, UT_OB1 said:

See if this works. It keeps crashing when I try to go to it. Hobbies > video games > e3 2022

I went - lots of youtube videos and slow to load because their API is dogshit, but no crashing. 

What browser/os/platform?