Shit's Borked

RPM

1 minute ago, dcbc said:

I'm getting a "Sorry, there is a problem. Something went wrong, please try again."

still? I just did a database failover so there was a hiccup for about 15  seconds I'm updating all the servers since I've been putting it off for months. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Sooo... Did surly decide to take an 8-hour vacation?

No I fucked up and the main database server filled up and crashed. I have a service that manages log rotation and the server that manages it had a setting that I forgot to change which caused a crash for the monitoring and alerting. Basically I fucked this up by forgetting to turn swap back on for a server that serves as the centralized monitoring and logging server. This caused services that keep things clean to back up and that back up over 2 days turned into full disks, and full disks turned into database crashing. 

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

No I fucked up and the main database server filled up and crashed. I have a service that manages log rotation and the server that manages it had a setting that I forgot to change which caused a crash for the monitoring and alerting. Basically I fucked this up by forgetting to turn swap back on for a server that serves as the centralized monitoring and logging server. This caused services that keep things clean to back up and that back up over 2 days turned into full disks, and full disks turned into database crashing. 

Huh?

I mean, don't let that happen again!

32 minutes ago, immamac said:

mess-up-mundane-detail.gif

Just now, shadow_operative2.0 said:

The pages just stop loading. Happening on the NFL Draft thread with the Zach Wilson tweets too. Same thing that’s been mentioned on here since Tuesday. 

This isn't a surly issue. This is a Twitter issue clear your cookies or cache and log back in. 

I’ve never tried to upload a screenshot from my Photos before, cool.

I only use an iPad to view Surly, use Safari exclusively and it has nothing to do (on my end) with Twitter, as I don’t have a Twitter account. The above shot is from the 2023 thread on 9:95, Page 315. The Elmer Fudd post never loads, then the rest of the page goes gray. I have changed my web server multiple times thru Cookie Monster, no change. 

Thank you for looking into it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I’ve never tried to upload a screenshot from my Photos before, cool.

I only use an iPad to view Surly, use Safari exclusively and it has nothing to do (on my end) with Twitter, as I don’t have a Twitter account. The above shot is from the 2023 thread on 9:95, Page 315. The Elmer Fudd post never loads, then the rest of the page goes gray. I have changed my web server multiple times thru Cookie Monster, no change. 

Thank you for looking into it.

Still doing it? I reset the sites cache. 

9 minutes ago, immamac said:

Still doing it? I reset the sites cache. 

Sorry, shit got a little weirder, the posts that were on Page 315 were probably ones from 314 or so, when I went to 316, it was all gray and stopped loading at all. I shut down my iPad and restarted to clear my cache. I’m posting what trying to load Page 316 looked like.

965137D3-5803-4803-BCA3-29C7FA2942B9.png

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I cleared all my shit, which forced a re-login, still same issues on iPad.

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

Sorry, shit got a little weirder, the posts that were on Page 315 were probably ones from 314 or so, when I went to 316, it was all gray and stopped loading at all. I shut down my iPad and restarted to clear my cache. I’m posting what trying to load Page 316 looked like.

965137D3-5803-4803-BCA3-29C7FA2942B9.png

did you try changing themes and see if it is still doing it? Seems strange that some of the pages render and others dont.