Shit's Borked

RPM

Tired to post a tweet in a thread in Lulz and it crashed the thread for me. I can't even clear the post as each time I load the thread and it reloads the unposted comment it freezes the thread and I have to force close the site to get it working again. iPhone user using the app version of the website.

B0C640D5-6AF0-48A1-983B-6CA3DB5B7CFC.thumb.png.c5f8e2ef6abf0bd9f711959a79d18a3f.png

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, RPM said:

I never realized how slow this site was. What I blamed on a shitty ISP was changed when I finally got 100 mb service with Elon. There's a bottleneck somewhere.

Lol I'm pretty sure that surly runs on spare hardware in the margins of a colo while imma does his day job. 

1 hour ago, RPM said:

I never realized how slow this site was. What I blamed on a shitty ISP was changed when I finally got 100 mb service with Elon. There's a bottleneck somewhere.

Surly isn't slow. What kind of device are you accessing from? 

57 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Lol I'm pretty sure that surly runs on spare hardware in the margins of a colo while imma does his day job. 

I wouldnt call it spare hardware. It's over 200 cores and around 1TB of RAM.

There's also an assload of storage. Every treefiddy person gets 100GB and it's not oversubscribed and under utilized. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Surly isn't slow. What kind of device are you accessing from? 

I went from CenturyLink brokedick dsl to Starlink. This site (links, ect) didn't speed up with my new service. Not a big thing, but I was expecting a lot more.

Here's what my Pingplotter shows.

image.png.2bae2b67d392eeed55aa4dccedec4853.png

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I'm getting "cannot give anymore rep today" notices this morning.  I thought tree-fitty members didn't have limits?

Your treefiddy expired today maybe during the upgrade so it hasn't renewed yet. I sent your invoice again 

• Hook 'Em 1

10+ yr old PC. Still running W7 (fuck off). Updated Firefox this morning. Now Surly keeps making my TV adjust monitor dimensions over and over then locks up. Surly only so far.
I lost data. Need to be compensated for my data thoughts.

Have you tried pulling it up on your Blackberry?

25 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

Only other regular site to do it was the video selection ESPN+ page. It's something to do with the Firefox update and my old ass video card.

Hello Google Chrome's tracking. Both are working fine with Chrome.

Old computers suck. 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Old computers suck. 

I don't know. 12 years, no problems, no upgrades other than a solid state boot drive a long time ago, old apps can run on it without updates. One of my best purchases ever. I've had a new backup computer still sitting in a box for about a year. 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Notifications on mobile browser (safari) don’t take you anywhere near the quoted content or reacted upon content. Mostly takes you to the bottom of the page or just randomly in the middle somewhere. I feel like this was fixed for a while, but now worse than ever. 

Yeah I notice it too when browsing on my iphone. I'll look into it and see if I can figure out wtf is going on. 

• Like 1