Shit's Borked

RPM

3 minutes ago, hornbri said:

I am still seeing adds but I have no idea what groups I am in anymore. They are at least not filling up the screen anymore and only the bottom one is showing up. 

You were wrongly in full members I moved you to legacy. 

The group promotions thing got borked 2 updates ago and I got most everyone fixed but some people may still be in weird groups. 

The only way to be legacy member for those wondering is having a registration date before 12/31/18, basically as an eternal thank you those people get all the benefits of treefiddy outside of the discord and other "extras" outside the site. 

Full members basically should only see 2-3 ads because they actually contribute. 

New members and lurkers see all the ads, to pay for shit like happy hours, tailgate, NIL slush fund, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, immamac said:

ok so for burnt ends folks there was one final issue where it was only checking your primary group instead of all groups. Now your behavior if your primary group is burnt ends and you are legacy you shouldn't see ads. Confirmed logged in as CTJ. 

Upped the viewport to 1600 as 1268 seems to have overlap still

It’s fine now. It wasn’t when I made my last post. Thanks for the fix. 

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

More importantly, why is your site failing this week? 

There's nothing wrong with the site. Stop being such a drama queen all the time. I switched we networks and there's always some modifications that need to happen for a day or 2 while things settle in. 

• Hook 'Em 1

There's nothing wrong with the site. Stop being such a drama queen all the time. I switched we networks and there's always some modifications that need to happen for a day or 2 while things settle in. 
Why is it that when people bring things up to you, you go into attack mode bud? Same stuff for us Tapa folks, you attack us as users yet we're just users like everyone else. I don't get it.

Ps, I don't see ads on tapa but notifications haven't worked in months.

2 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

Why is it that when people bring things up to you, you go into attack mode bud? Same stuff for us Tapa folks, you attack us as users yet we're just users like everyone else. I don't get it.

Ps, I don't see ads on tapa but notifications haven't worked in months.

tapatalk is not supported. I don't go into attack mode, spystud is just being a fucking dick for no reason. 

7 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Allow me to be more specific.  Still got ads popping up (though less) and no don't keep track of what "group" I am in on any website I visit.  

fixed - IDK how some of you weren't seeing ads before based on your groups. were they just less intrusive?

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

tapatalk is not supported. I don't go into attack mode, spystud is just being a fucking dick for no reason. 

His approach sucks, his point does not...look past his general shitty approach to all things like this and there is some truth to what he is saying.  

the site works fine - there are ads showing that is not broken that is intended. 

The search works fine, all activity is showing. 

There aren't slow pageloads, the site doesn't crash and everyone can read it and there are 10k+ pageviews an hour. The site is objectively not borked.

Your stupid fucking opinion doesn't matter - I'm trying to improve the experience for major users

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

imma, let’s call a spade a spade. How many PMs do we have where I point out shit that’s fucked that the rest of the site doesn’t know about? Dozens, right?

That is a fucking true statement. I try to help you keep the site better, we both know it. 

go start your own website then. I'm obviously not here making it fucking worse. I'm fixing shit as it's pointed out. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, immamac said:

Dark Mode fixed too.

your ad lite experience will be coming today - for now you get the full aids of lurkers. 

Were you not seeing ads before? Full members have always seen ads.

Nope. Never saw it as a full member from the day I joined from Shaggy to now

EDIT: Oh I think I used to have legacy group permissions since my join date was March 2018

Edited by TheFlyingBoat

This change isn't just because I'm looking to make 3-5% more revenue for the site - this new ad partner will dramatically increase ad revenue and over time will make the lurker UX much better than it was before. Doubling ad revenue = more shit for the community and more NIL deals we can do. I don't profit off of Surly at all personally - I legitimately take 0 personal distributions and spend all of it on tailgates, away bartabs, watch parties, RV trips/content threads.

2 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Nope. Never saw it as a full member from the day I joined from Shaggy to now

fixed you were in the wrong group.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, TXRed said:

I’m still getting ads everywhere but this board. 

your ad experience should lighten up in the next 24-48 hours if you don't want ads you gotta join treefiddy.

IDK how a lot of you weren't getting ads before, but I guess I just wasn't monetizing like any of the traffic except lurkers lol. 

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

IDK how a lot of you weren't getting ads before, but I guess I just wasn't monetizing like any of the traffic except lurkers lol. 

I think that’s correct. You turned ads off for me when I got over a hundred posts and a hundred rep. I remember talking discussing somewhere on this thread.