Shit's Borked

RPM

7 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

On iPhone, I’m asked to accept cookies every single time I click a new thread or page. And if I try to reply, one of those gotdamn ads covers the “accept cookies” button and I’m stuck. 

Screenshot? Do you clear cookies on every page? 

On 2/10/2023 at 10:55 PM, totallynotabuttpirate said:

@immamac Do we need Treefiddy to avoid the ad assault, or is Burnt Ends supposed to do it as well? 

2 minutes ago, T-shirt Sip said:

I have the same question because this is what I've been getting today. No way of closing the big ad across the middle of the page. 

image.thumb.png.975b85511e4716070e8dbe8ed0bca60d.png

Treefiddy is no ads. Everything else is grandfathered from your groups. 

Did that just start today? That looks like a rogue sidebar ad. 

everything should be back and stable for now - I'm going to mess with it later tonight. 

Part of the issue is that my monitoring server is the one that blew up so I was flying a bit blind on what is happening on the various systems. I got it up on a single node and now we are back up at full force, but if the database blows up I'll have to manually fail it over which isn't the worst thing in the world. 

All usual systems are go. 

• Hook 'Em 4

25 minutes ago, immamac said:

everything should be back and stable for now - I'm going to mess with it later tonight. 

Part of the issue is that my monitoring server is the one that blew up so I was flying a bit blind on what is happening on the various systems. I got it up on a single node and now we are back up at full force, but if the database blows up I'll have to manually fail it over which isn't the worst thing in the world. 

All usual systems are go. 

Just in time! I was about to have to have an actual conversation with my gf and who knows where that would have led?

• Haha 5

Just now, Herbie Hancock said:

Was it the Myanmar Muslims again?

I thought that was an attack on Shaggy, not here?

but yes... got the 504's earlier, and the system not wanting to open threads just a few mins ago.... but I see that fearless leader has proclaimed all is well and I will go back to my cave and be happy

13 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

What the hell is this Search Feedback:  Find what you were looking for? banner ad.

Has yes/no and x options and all of them take you to an overlay window of some nonsense.

I got that shit too this morning.

It went to some Spanish language page for looking up phone numbers.

Then I couldn't get back at all. Bad Gateway until now.

46 minutes ago, immamac said:

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Look here pardner, this isn't some pissed-measuring contest.  We have REAL work to not do, and this isn't helping!

some people don’t realize how incompatible we are with IRL

needless to say, this is not a priority, all things borked considered, but when you get a chance to legacy member me I’d appreciate it. March 2018 dude

1 hour ago, immamac said:

borkban.jpg

• Haha 1

automatic failovers back as well.

So a server blew up, not sure what happened, but it seems to have hosed the network between one of the more important servers (BIG) and the rest of the systems, I had to take BIG out of rotation and put it back in and configure everything back to the way it was. Very strange and none of it made sense, had to do a hard reboot of the system because nothing would bring the networking back to normal including restarting the networking service on the machine.