Howard Stern Show

mulletpelini

4 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Also from Tuesday’s show, America’s Favorite Newswoman was in rare form with her report on the woman who claims she fell asleep on an Air Canada flight and awoke to find she had been locked on the plane. Robin reported the passenger used her cellphone as a flashlight (no, the battery had run out, and she found one in the cockpit) and that she then jumped from the plane (no again, after opening the exit, she used the flashlight to signal someone to come retrieve her). There weren’t many details from the story, yet she got two main ones incorrect. It’s just amazing how wrong RQ can be at times.

cant stand her!

14 hours ago, Brew said:

Robin is bad, but man Bobo is a beating. I did find it amusing that on the replay the segment title was “please delete this segment” in all caps.

Bobo's appearance was almost, ALMOST as bad as the 15 minutes they spend after trying to pretend that having Bobo on the show got Howard fired, ruined everyone's day, and was the worst decision they had ever made. 

Just awful. 

On 6/26/2019 at 7:26 AM, Vito Andolini said:

Also from Tuesday’s show, America’s Favorite Newswoman was in rare form with her report on the woman who claims she fell asleep on an Air Canada flight and awoke to find she had been locked on the plane. Robin reported the passenger used her cellphone as a flashlight (no, the battery had run out, and she found one in the cockpit) and that she then jumped from the plane (no again, after opening the exit, she used the flashlight to signal someone to come retrieve her). There weren’t many details from the story, yet she got two main ones incorrect. It’s just amazing how wrong RQ can be at times.

It's always fun to hear her try and do a report on a major story that's been around for a few days to see just how much she will get wrong.

• Like 1

You hardcore Stern fans in Austin may want to keep your eyes open today for Ronnie the Limo Driver. 

That race across America thing rolled through Oklahoma City Saturday night. Happened to park by the Skirvin Hotel where they were staying and the parking lot out front was full of those sports cars. Talked to an employee and he made it sound like the whole crew was a pretty pretentious lot. Anyway, according to Ronnie's twitter account, he was in with this group but I didn't bump into him. Keep an ear open for an old guy shouting obscenities towards women.   

16 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Robin interrupting a fuck ton during this old MM interview

Shut the fuck up woman

The end where she kept trying to ask him where he came up with the basis for his Interstellar character was the best. Howard kept trying to ignore it.

Also I think I mentioned it before, and I know most think Howard is such an outstanding interviewer, but I think his style blows.  I mean I guess at least he gets the answer out  of them, but it drives me crazy.  

For every person he has on he does the whole psychologist shit pretty much like these examples:

H - "So you tried to get with this woman but in your mind you knew it wouldn't work because she was too much like your mother and you and your mother didn't see eye to eye"

Guest - "uhhh no that had nothing to do with it"

H - "So  that song  was about your aunt who was dying of cancer and couldn't cope with that realization wasn't it?"

Guest - "No it wasn't about that"

H - "So when you went to make the movie you thought about how many times you were turned down before in life and that wears on you, you had to of thought about suicide before right?  I mean that is just so much to take in.  I don't think I could do it. You had to be worn down so much."

Guest - "No Howard I have never thought of suicide and I wasn't turned down for a bunch of roles I just didn't think they were good scripts."

I bet if you count how many times a normal guest interview replies with "No" to one of his retarded ass takes it would be double digits almost every time.  

His biggest interview issue os the interruptions and tangental discussions/redirects. Sometimes he is right to do it (less interesting main story by guest) but often it seems he is not hearing the good story in hope of a better sidetrack.

7 hours ago, Nivek said:

His biggest interview issue os the interruptions and tangental discussions/redirects. Sometimes he is right to do it (less interesting main story by guest) but often it seems he is not hearing the good story in hope of a better sidetrack.

This is my only issue. He seems to have the interview laid out a lot of times and any deviation/tangent by the guest is blown over. He has his list of questions he wants to get through and he’s going to do it. It’s still better than 99% of other interviews out there, but a conversation style where the guest is allowed to send you down random interesting paths is still better.

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I don’t think his questions are all that great a lot of the time but he does have a gift for getting people to open up more than they usually would. 

and that's exactly why his interviews are what they are.  no time to think, just answer.

On 7/1/2019 at 6:41 PM, 4th&Five said:

I don’t think his questions are all that great a lot of the time but he does have a gift for getting people to open up more than they usually would. 

On 7/1/2019 at 9:49 PM, mulletpelini said:

and that's exactly why his interviews are what they are.  no time to think, just answer.

In a certain way his show was the original podcast interview. Long form, no breaks just two people having a conversation. I don't think he is any type of expert interviewer but he has a platform and the name that allows him to get great guests to open up about shit they can't or wouldn't ever have time to do in a 10 or 15 minute taped and heavy edited piece. 

On 7/1/2019 at 10:36 AM, Nivek said:

At least once or twice in almost every interview, a guest will start telling a story or elaborating on something that sounds interesting, but then Howard interrupts and redirects them to the same questions he asks every other guest.  Starting to get annoying. 

Starting out a new show, this is a great way to communicate a vision.  Problem is Howard, you've got 23 million subscribers because you weren't running a bullshit corporate setup from the start.  You were different and thats why people subscribed.

He wants to be like Jimmy Kimmel.  Problem is Jimmy Kimmel gets 2 million unpaying viewers while you have 23 paying, dedicated listeners.

Contracts up in a bit Howard, looks like its time to go.  Your 1995-2010 replays are great, start the rotation, enjoy your retirement.

Ends before the presentation is over, but it seemed to be wrapping up. Take aways:

No longer “Friends of the Court,” AKA, “I’m never doing your fucking show again!”

Billy Corgan

Jon Stewart 

Jerry Seinfeld (he’s not that upset, just probably amused/perplexed and will have a long memory)

Probably pissed:

David Letterman

Maybe pissed off:

Adam Levine

Jewel

Too old, wealthy and stoned to care:

Neil Young

Who cares?

Whitney Cummings

Kathy Griffin

Laughing his ass off!

Rush Limbaugh, because it shows HS was really itching to get him on the show

• 2 weeks later...

how many thousands of hours of fucking shows and I heard the replay of Wolfie at the gay mens convention on the rotation today which means it will play at least another 2 times.  I heard the same fucking show less than a month ago.  Lame ass shitty rotation that Baba Booey insists the fans love you fucking monkey.

Did hear the Jim Breuer interview where he imitates Brian Johnson doing Sam Kennison standup. Foooking hilarious

this is the only one I could find, sucks the audio is weak

On 7/21/2019 at 8:34 PM, mulletpelini said:

Did hear the Jim Breuer interview where he imitates Brian Johnson doing Sam Kennison standup. Foooking hilarious

This was my favorite Breuer appearance. Also the one where he sat in on the entire show as Joe Pesci. He made a crack about taking Eric the Actor to the stylist to get a Justin Bieber haircut, I almost had to pull the car over.

35 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Gee, Howard asked Bella Thorne “don’t you have to fall in love with your co-star?” 

Never heard that one before.

What I love so much when he talks to actors and asks them questions he always brings up "that's what happened to me", "in my movie", etc. What makes it so damn funny is he was in ONE movie and that was 22 years ago. I am not saying that it wasn't a funny movie or that he didn't have to act but he was playing himself in a movie about his life. Yet, for some reason in his mind that makes him the same as Leo or Tom Cruise. 

3 hours ago, smuggs said:

This was my favorite Breuer appearance. Also the one where he sat in on the entire show as Joe Pesci. He made a crack about taking Eric the Actor to the stylist to get a Justin Bieber haircut, I almost had to pull the car over.

That was a hallmark day on that show. I'm referring to the faux Pesci appearance.

Edited by Nole-4-Life

5 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Man my XM contract was up about 2 weeks ago and i didnt renew. I was like 75% Stern channels for past 2 yrs and I can honestly say as of now I do not miss it one bit

I removed Howard 100 from my main 6 presets a few months ago and I can’t say I miss it at all. Given me a chance to discover many other talk channels.