Howard Stern Show

mulletpelini

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Yeah, I hate that too. One replay on each channel is plenty. 

Or the fact they run the same schedule so if I have an hour commute at the same time every day I hear the same fucking part of the show on back to back days. I guess their view with the app and OnDemand you can listen to whatever you want whenever you want so they just don't give a shit. 

The video is a nice addition. Wendy has really let her self go. (not surprising) and I loved High Pitch's jacket and shirt from WalMart 

Did anybody see that Artie is in the hospital (or was) and had to have a Heroin possession court date moved back? Could be looking at some serious jail time. What a fucking mess and waste of a talent. 

He’s a POS junkie. That’s what he wants to be.

Might be ticky tack but for the level this show is i would expect something better than the amateur maneuvers Robin has to do every clip during her news segment

"Bill Clinton had an interview 111"

Clip plays

"Roseanne is racist 115"

Clip plays

Get this shit worked out so she doesn't have to state the fucking # everytime

Its like nails on a chalkboard to me, and of course since it irritates me it stands out even more lol

38 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Might be ticky tack but for the level this show is i would expect something better than the amateur maneuvers Robin has to do every clip during her news segment

"Bill Clinton had an interview 111"

Clip plays

"Roseanne is racist 115"

Clip plays

Get this shit worked out so she doesn't have to state the fucking # everytime

Its like nails on a chalkboard to me, and of course since it irritates me it stands out even more lol

Anything else Robin...........................

After every fucking story is also annoy as shit. 

Bonus vid

Watch Robin shoot daggers at Beth when she tells how rough a year Howard had after Robin just survived cancer.  Beth might be the dumbest person on the planet.  The condescending "OH DEAR" at :30 cracks me the fuck up.

Edited by mulletpelini

The world revolves around Howard and always has. The level of narcissism that he has obtained is really beyond impressive. 

That said his show still makes me laugh my ass off most of the time. I was crying yesterday during the Wendy songs. I feel so bad but her choking over Outkast's Hey ya was so fucking great. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Scraps said:

Memet is such a fucking beating

Agreed. I used to feel sorry for him and thought he was just misunderstood. He is legit crazy and has a massive case of small man's disease. 

Regardless if true or not the Bobo vaccum story was awesome. Fred is so damn funny.

Howard knows the IQ and Lie detector shows are some of the best so makes sense why he continues them.  It was good to hear some real tension in the group again.  In the back of my mind though, I wonder if Howard had Ronnie bring up the whole in the ass story so he could bring it full circle to the lie dectector test.  Doesn't matter really, it's still funny as hell, I'm just curious how planned some of these are.  A Bobo free summer would have been nice, hated to see that not happen.

On 6/22/2018 at 4:25 PM, mulletpelini said:

Howard knows the IQ and Lie detector shows are some of the best so makes sense why he continues them.  It was good to hear some real tension in the group again.  In the back of my mind though, I wonder if Howard had Ronnie bring up the whole in the ass story so he could bring it full circle to the lie dectector test.  Doesn't matter really, it's still funny as hell, I'm just curious how planned some of these are.  A Bobo free summer would have been nice, hated to see that not happen.

Every bit of it, down to the phony phone call-ins and staff squabbles. Show stopped being spontaneous with the arrival of Turk. It's all calculated, which makes it even sadder.

Every bit of it, down to the phony phone call-ins and staff squabbles. Show stopped being spontaneous with the arrival of Turk. It's all calculated, which makes it even sadder.

You can tell it’s not spontaneous when a caller calls in and talks about something political or whatever and then it turns into a segment with prepared type bits and shit.

On 6/22/2018 at 3:25 PM, mulletpelini said:

I found the entire lead up to the lie detector to be horrible so ignored the whole show.     Given that so many "fans" love to hate the show, is there an internet/youtube show dedicated to slamming each episode?  It wouldn't be hard to produce since you would only need to create about 6 shows per month.

I caught the Letterman Netflix interview this weekend.  I thought it was one of the best interviews of Stern.    

59 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I caught the Letterman Netflix interview this weekend.  I thought it was one of the best interviews of Stern.    

I thought it was fine. I didn't watch it until after Howard spent an entire week bitching about it which made it less appealing when I actually watched it. I get it's part of his shtick but it becomes old when he bitches about EVERYTHING. 

Beth is a fucking saint for putting up with him.  

I’m a few minutes behind this morning, but they are brutalizing Ronnie for having no life without his association with Howard. I’m sure it’s all true, but it’s proof Stern can’t allow anyone to have anything without a nod to him, and the sycophants (Robin and Brent in this case) know where their bread is buttered. 

Haven't listened yet today but Tommy Lee fired a twitter shot yesterday:

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/26/tommy-lee-goes-after-howard-stern/

Tommy Lee can’t believe Howard Stern would even suggest he has anything to do with Heather Locklear’s problems.

The rocker, 55, took to social media to slam the radio host, 64, for saying that the actress’ past relationships with Lee and Richie Sambora may have contributed to her current troubles.

@HowardStern Queen of media! How dare you blame me for Heather’s recent troubles! That was like 24 years ago you idiot! #cowardsterntimewarpyou should be wishing her well and not bashing me f–khead!!! Wtf is wrong with you? I normally don’t respond to this stuff..f–king BS!!” he tweetedMonday evening.

Last week on his show, Stern brought up Locklear’s past relationships while talking about her recent mental health and legal issues.

“You know what drove this woman crazy?… She was married to Tommy Lee and Richie Sambora… they made her f–king insane,” he said, according to Radar Online.

Some of Stern’s fans have suggested that the comment was taken out of context and was actually made in jest.

Locklear, 56, was married to Lee from 1986 to 1993. The next year, she married Sambora, who she stayed wed to until 2006.

3 minutes ago, smuggs said:

Haven't listened yet today but Tommy Lee fired a twitter shot yesterday:

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/26/tommy-lee-goes-after-howard-stern/

Talk about missing the context. Howard's quote was that they have such big dicks that they literally fucked her brains out, and that's why she is the way she is.

4 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I’m a few minutes behind this morning, but they are brutalizing Ronnie for having no life without his association with Howard. I’m sure it’s all true, but it’s proof Stern can’t allow anyone to have anything without a nod to him, and the sycophants (Robin and Brent in this case) know where their bread is buttered. 

I've always thought Stern has a love/hate relationship with the employees earning money outside the show.  He loves it because he can pay them less.  He hates it because they may perform worse on the show because of it.   For example, he won't allow his staff to have their own shows on the network because he doesn't want them saving their best jokes for themselves.    He feels that he, Robin and Fred save their best for the HS show and everyone else should as well.  Of course, Richard Christie ain't taking home millions like the top people.

Or take the logic when he didn't want to pay much to Riley Martin for his ridiculous alien show.   Presumably the station leaders must have thought more people would listen to Riley over another replay of the HS show.  Stern felt that since he made Riley, Riley should just be happy to perform for free.   Didn't Riley only want a few hundred bucks to host an hour long show?  It made for great radio to hear his complaints fall on deaf ears but Riley was right.

If I'm not mistaken, Bubba made $0 to be on the HS network on the hopes it would lead to something.  His production costs weren't even covered.    While I get being on the HS network is compensation itself, you have to pay people for their work.

Bubba made a million per year at Sirius. He was also allowed to syndicate his show on terrestrial stations. When it was time to re-up they offered him a reduced 200K per year. He said fuck off. This was when Sirius had merged with XM and started signing people like Oprah, Martha Stewart, Jamie Foxx, etc.

Even Howard took a paycut. He was just in the unique position to be able to negotiate a reduced number of shows per year.

Edited by smuggs

12 minutes ago, Nole-4-Life said:

Damn...just googled Richard Christie's salary. He lets Sal paint his face with his cock for $75,000 a year.

Working 3 days a week with at least 12 other weeks off a year.

He freely admits to biting fart bubbles while taking a bath with another guy in his early teens.  So, whats he got to lose?

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Working 3 days a week with at least 12 other weeks off a year.

He freely admits to biting fart bubbles while taking a bath with another guy in his early teens.  So, whats he got to lose?

Point made. I guess me and Richard have different career goals. If I could drum like him I'd be a full time working musician.

58 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think its doubtful that most of the Stern staff only works 3 days per week.   Just because the show is dark doesn't mean many of them aren't working.

I'm pretty sure I've heard Richard say he works 5 days a week. And I don't think they get off the weeks that Howard is off. That's when they get ahead on bits.

12 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

Is Howard that big of a dick to pay those guys that little?
That is shitty if true.

Howard (obviously), Robin, Fred, and Gary are probably the only ones that are making decent scratch off only the Stern Show. Howard of course says it isn't up to him (which is like saying Joe Pa did everything he could with Sandusky) I don't know how the deal is structured if they actually work for Howard or for Sirius/XM. 

15 hours ago, Ben Franklin said:

I'm pretty sure I've heard Richard say he works 5 days a week. And I don't think they get off the weeks that Howard is off. That's when they get ahead on bits.

Yeah the entire staff aside from Howard, Robin, and Fred work 5 days a week. They might get an extra couple of days here or there but for the most part they are all working regular work weeks. And JD basically lives there watching TV.