Howard Stern Show

mulletpelini

On 9/6/2022 at 8:26 AM, Scraps said:

RIP but man Howard's parents impressions are a reason I had to take a break a few months back.  Hopefully he lays off that for awhile now lol 

Yeah, some of that stuff could be mildly entertaining, but there was definitely a stretch where he just went to that well too many times. That became a channel changing cue for me, after a while.

• Like 1

The Springsteen interview would have been great 20 years ago, but back then Howard did nothing but bash and make fun of Bruce and anyone who listened to him.

On another note fuck Ronnie! Back when he was just an ancillary character with the occasional story he was great, but now it’s basically the Ronnie show every day! Howard leans on that crutch way too often just to fill time.

I still listen everyday (when he’s on), but having impersonators doing daily riffs on 91 year old William Shatner and 76 year old Liza Minnelli aren’t exactly fresh takes. Still hours of mom impressions, isolation/fear of Covid rants (I’m more careful than most, but he has let his fear overtake his life), Chris Wilding and Dicks!Dicks!Dicks! rule the day.

But there are still gems to be had, so I’m still onboard.

• Hook 'Em 2

I listen exclusively via the App and I usually will listen to the interviews (because they post those separately) and then if I get bored I will listen to a whole show. But yes, the bits they are doing on the show are pretty lame these days. He even managed to work impersonating his mom into the Springsteen topic. I picture Beth being a hostage in that house. He has to be miserable to be around 24/7 like she is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still listen everyday (when he’s on), but having impersonators doing daily riffs on 91 year old William Shatner and 76 year old Liza Minnelli aren’t exactly fresh takes. Still hours of mom impressions, isolation/fear of Covid rants (I’m more careful than most, but he has let his fear overtake his life), Chris Wilding and Dicks!Dicks!Dicks! rule the day.
But there are still gems to be had, so I’m still onboard.

They shoehorn in segments with whoever the staff members can impersonate whether they’re relevant or not. Shatner talking through songs is way over used and no longer funny. Jennifer Witz and Jim Meyer are just why? Ask anyone under 40 who Dan Rather or Liza Minnelli is! Anything by Chris Wilding is pretty terrible. any time you hear the door knock you know you’re if for some unfunny radio.

I enjoy the George Takei impersonation but they have supplanted him with Shatner lately which isn't nearly as funny. I also find the Dan Rather impersonation hilarious but I'm an old. And I miss the hell out of Sour Shoes.

Last week when Ronnie revealed that Gary had proactively texted him his summer vacation plans so that Ronnie could plan his wedding date around Gary's vacation schedule was hilarious, but Howard being remote completely stifled the bit. Had they all been in studio together that would have been a 30-minute absolute roasting of Baba Booey by Howard and Fred.

The impersonations are so hack. Although Fake Greta has grown on me and her screaming as the door shuts will always be funny.

I like to do a mix of History/Sternthology/Current to keep things from getting too monotonous. The show has always beaten every bit to death and then reminisced endlessly over the carcass. The app certainly helps avoid the repetitive nature.

• 1 month later...

Is J.D. divorced from the gold digging makeup artist/workout chick Jennifer Tanko? Listening to Tuesday’s show, and he’s talking about visiting the scrip club, and I’m not hearing the usual caveats married dudes spew about how they kept it PG. As I think about it, he never mentions married life anymore. 

(Googling doesn’t help, there are some really bizarre articles about the couple that are either computer generated or weird translations that make zero sense.)

Is J.D. divorced from the gold digging makeup artist/workout chick Jennifer Tanko? Listening to Tuesday’s show, and he’s talking about visiting the scrip club, and I’m not hearing the usual caveats married dudes spew about how they kept it PG. As I think about it, he never mentions married life anymore. 
(Googling doesn’t help, there are some really bizarre articles about the couple that are either computer generated or weird translations that make zero sense.)

That seems to be the consensus. They haven’t mentioned her on the show since around August. Old school Howard would have been all over that, of course he didn’t even know Fred’s brother passed away mid 2022. Seems like his friendships with his staff members are just for the show.
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

That seems to be the consensus. They haven’t mentioned her on the show since around August. Old school Howard would have been all over that, of course he didn’t even know Fred’s brother passed away mid 2022. Seems like his friendships with his staff members are just for the show.

Later in the show, J.D. mentioned Ronnie’s note/text helping him deal with  “something he’s going thru,” so a divorce is probably it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m probably the only one still listening, but “Rooster” is full of shit (figuratively), the shitting next to guy’s car in the Walmart parking lot story was pure fantasy. Cameras are all over the place, so no one would take that chance, especially someone allegedly in law enforcement (former prison guard). Then the coup de grace was his claim he braced himself by holding onto the buggy corral: he’s too fat for that. Finally, he would have taken a picture, since his entire life is for public consumption.

7 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I'm behind a bit.  JB Smoove is a funny motherfucker. 

I still listen, and still enjoy the show.  There are bits that flop (like the Elvis bullshit) but I still laugh a lot. 

This is where I am on it. I listen if I’m in my vehicle, but most of the time I use the app and just cycle through the stuff I don’t want to hear. JB Smoove, Springsteen, even things like the Vegas strip follow up, all make it worth listening for me especially if I can control what I want to hear.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I’m probably the only one still listening, but “Rooster” is full of shit (figuratively), the shitting next to guy’s car in the Walmart parking lot story was pure fantasy. Cameras are all over the place, so no one would take that chance, especially someone allegedly in law enforcement (former prison guard). Then the coup de grace was his claim he braced himself by holding onto the buggy corral: he’s too fat for that. Finally, he would have taken a picture, since his entire life is for public consumption.

It’s probably bullshit. I will point out that the camera thing isn’t super reliable. In my experience sending subpoenas for retail store cameras- a lot of them aren’t recording and some are deleted within 2-3 days. They’re more there to protect the store/property owners from theft or damage

Edited by Pig Bellmont
  • Hook 'Em 1

Is Rooster on FB or insta/twitter? What’s his real name? The satellite went out in my pickup and I haven’t listened in about 10 days while I’m waiting for the replacement. I’m not missing it as much as I thought I would. It’s a 15 minute drive home after dropping my kid off at school, and I listen on the way back in and while I’m in line to pick her up, so I’m usually going to catch 45 minutes of the show. Much of the time I’ll hit 101 if it’s too much Dr Now or Shatner singing or whatever and want to hear some older stuff. But the replays have all been pretty sanitized and reflect new celebrity loving Howard and almost none of the raunchy moments or the celebrity bashing rants that made him famous.

Howard is married to a child. Like, literally, she has the face of a horse and the mind of a 5 year old. I think I'm gonna eat a hefty helping of bacon in Bella's honor.

Took my wife’s car to another town today and caught the Bella conversation. You are absolutely correct on this!! They’re involving State Senators and Ron DeSantis in this BS? BTW the people paid 5 grand in an attempt to save one pig because it was wearing a tutu? Why not spend that cash and save a truckload? The chances are Bella’s bacon by now, packing houses usually don’t keep animals alive for days on end after they show up for processing! I also noticed the Bruce Springsteen circle jerk continues.
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I’m still listening but shows like today’s make me wonder why. Just pointless. Why is he having Stephen A. Smith on? He doesn’t know anything about sports and doesn’t even know who he is. 

I don't know why espn has SAS on let alone Howard Stern. Had I been listening I would have been so annoyed that I would have thought about canceling the lifetime sxm membership I paid for ~15 years ago. LOL.

It's kind of funny to me now to look back on how frustrating it was to be in austin in the 1990s and he'd finally be on one station, then that one would change owners or format, then then he'd finally find another and poof, they'd change formats or change ownership or some shit. I stopped listening probably shortly after Artie was gone, mostly because I basically never want to listen to anyone's hot political takes, nor interviews with completely uninteresting people.

16 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

Is Rooster on FB or insta/twitter? What’s his real name? The satellite went out in my pickup and I haven’t listened in about 10 days while I’m waiting for the replacement. I’m not missing it as much as I thought I would. It’s a 15 minute drive home after dropping my kid off at school, and I listen on the way back in and while I’m in line to pick her up, so I’m usually going to catch 45 minutes of the show. Much of the time I’ll hit 101 if it’s too much Dr Now or Shatner singing or whatever and want to hear some older stuff. But the replays have all been pretty sanitized and reflect new celebrity loving Howard and almost none of the raunchy moments or the celebrity bashing rants that made him famous.

Use the app.  Listen to what you want, when you want. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I think Howard is the only Neil Young worshiper I know of. CSN&Y we’re a great and influential band 55 years ago with some phenomenal hits but there’s a reason they kicked him out of the band. Neil seems to be a genuinely miserable guy to be around and he’s not even a great interview. How he’s managed being married to Daryl Hannah all these years is a my$tery.

35 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

I think Howard is the only Neil Young worshiper I know of. CSN&Y we’re a great and influential band 55 years ago with some phenomenal hits but there’s a reason they kicked him out of the band. Neil seems to be a genuinely miserable guy to be around and he’s not even a great interview. How he’s managed being married to Daryl Hannah all these years is a my$tery.

Those that like Neil will say that he's "independent".   Stills has been fucked over by Neil, and still defends Neil, explaining that "Neil has never played a team sport in his life". 

As to the Neil Young worshipers, the dude has sold 30 million albums.

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Nole-4-Life said:

Haven't heard it yet, but was the Pam Anderson interview worth a shit?

No, there was nothing really compelling about the interview from the part I heard. She sidestepped most of his questions about the interesting parts of her life.

18 minutes ago, Brew said:

No, there was nothing really compelling about the interview from the part I heard. She sidestepped most of his questions about the interesting parts of her life.

Yeah I was disappointed. Especially considering her history with the show - I thought she was going to open up. Howard's gotta be annoyed with that interview.