Howard Stern Show

mulletpelini

On 4/9/2018 at 8:51 AM, JimmyHoffa said:

I missed this last week but over the weekend caught exactly what makes Fred so fucking good. 

While discussing with Ronnie, Howard asked if he could take the probe up to the next ring and Fred starts playing the Olympics theme literally a second later. 

1. How the hell did he think of that so quickly and found the drop right away?

2. It was funny as hell and absolutely perfect. 

Fred is good no doubt.  I think he and Howard discuss things ahead of the show to have a direction and probably talk about some drops ahead of time to have them ready because he is just so gotdamn precise.  The only reason I think this is that there are other times, really easy times, where I'm anticipating a drop that he's played before that would fit the moment and he either doesn't play it or throws it in really late.  It doesn't hurt either that he probably knows the directions Howard might go that they don't even discuss while Howard is going into them, because they've worked together so long.

I think Fred's drops get overdone.  Not that I really want to hear what Robin has to say, but when he plays the Nicaragua(or whatever) parade music over and over it gets to be a bit much.  Also, when he gets really going on the Ronnie imitation it gets to my nerves.  A bit of it is funny, but I don't need to hear, "YEAH HAAA!!!!, PUSSY JUICE TREEKS ASS GOBLET!!!!" twenty times in a row.

12 hours ago, Incredulity said:

I think Fred's drops get overdone.  Not that I really want to hear what Robin has to say, but when he plays the Nicaragua(or whatever) parade music over and over it gets to be a bit much.  Also, when he gets really going on the Ronnie imitation it gets to my nerves.  A bit of it is funny, but I don't need to hear, "YEAH HAAA!!!!, PUSSY JUICE TREEKS ASS GOBLET!!!!" twenty times in a row.

Oh you are completely missing the beauty of that drop.  He does it to piss her the fuck off, which it does, every fucking time.  He does it for all of us.

7 minutes ago, Brew said:

Can we get one show without Ronnie at this point? It has zero interest to me. What happened to stand outside the door and be seen and not heard?

I am not sick of Ronnie yet, but Howard loves it which means we are going to keep getting it until he no longer finds it funny or interesting. That's how the show works.

So back when I started listening, he would have some pretty low level talent on the show because they were friends of the show.  Rev Bob Levy is one that comes to mind.  There are others.   Then he started the schedule were he barely does three shows a week and all those guys disappeared.  Was it more of a falling out situation or that he just didn't have time to fit them in due to three shows a week, where most of those are spent talking about Northshore Animal League.

34 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Ronnie is such a pussy lol

I agree but Shuli was being a little bitch. He talks shit behind everyone's back and wants to put it on air. Then when Ronnie makes lame on air threats Shuli can't handle it because his wife has him by the balls. 

Don't get me wrong-- I am a huge Howard fan, but I've never thought his appearances on talk shows or interviews or anything other than his radio show are funny.  He was going on and on this morning about how many people told him he gave the greatest introduction speech at the Rock and Roll HOF.  It was awful.  It wasn't funny at all.  I didn't think Fartman was funny.  I never thought any of his late night appearances were funny.  

Watch Howard's speech here

3 hours ago, Silky Johnston said:

Don't get me wrong-- I am a huge Howard fan, but I've never thought his appearances on talk shows or interviews or anything other than his radio show are funny.  He was going on and on this morning about how many people told him he gave the greatest introduction speech at the Rock and Roll HOF.  It was awful.  It wasn't funny at all.  I didn't think Fartman was funny.  I never thought any of his late night appearances were funny.  

Watch Howard's speech here

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I agree. Mostly because he tries way too hard. I hope Letterman got him to calm down and actually answer some questions for the Netflix show. 

100% this. When he is too prepared or has a planned speech/jokes they never go well. I think it's also why he hates to go on talk shows because he KNOWS he tries to hard and it sucks. 

It all goes back to what is 1st wife said in Private Parts (and I assume real life) is he is great because he is honest. 

Edited by JimmyHoffa

On 4/16/2018 at 11:59 AM, Mac8111 said:

So back when I started listening, he would have some pretty low level talent on the show because they were friends of the show.  Rev Bob Levy is one that comes to mind.  There are others.   Then he started the schedule were he barely does three shows a week and all those guys disappeared.  Was it more of a falling out situation or that he just didn't have time to fit them in due to three shows a week, where most of those are spent talking about Northshore Animal League.

Supposedly it's due to his "new management", Marci Turk, CEO of the Howard Stern channels on Sirius, who had no radio experience prior to taking the position. Gilbert Gottfried has more appearances on HS than any other comedian if I'm not mistaken, and he is no longer allowed on the show supposedly.

Artie and Gilbert talk about the changes here.

1 hour ago, Bevo VIII said:

Yup. Sounds like she wants it to happen whenever and he’s finding every reason to not get married

Ronnie is actually right. I think he realizes that he would be holding her back from the rest of her life if they do end of getting married. She is however an adult and he shouldn't worry about that but who knows the types of actual conversations they have not on the show. 

He ain't holding her back from shit. No way that girl is getting into UC-Davis or Cornell vet schools.  She might as well say she's going to Harvard or Stanford for law school as it's just as likely.  She's a former bartender with an online degree who has a daddy fetish.  She's right where she should be.

Sal and Richard can be a beating but the Ronnie Mund Dill Dough tradio bit was funny. Richard's horrible fake French accent made it even better. 

And holy hell does Tom Arnold have to be on some major blood pressure meds. Dude is a walking heart attack

Bitching this morning about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame edit, and his sycophants feed his ego. At least Robin is challenging him a bit. He actually referenced MLK’s “I have a dream” speech as a comparison. He must be awful for these producers and show runners to deal with.

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Bitching this morning about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame edit, and his sycophants feed his ego. At least Robin is challenging him a bit. He actually referenced MLK’s “I have a dream” speech as a comparison. He must be awful for these producers and show runners to deal with.

The funniest part which of course he won't mention. Gary on the wrap up show had watched the edit and said that he was cut for time like everyone else. Gary said they kept his best and most dirty jokes in so he thought they did a fair job with the edit. He then of course said regardless of all that he was pretty sure that Howard was going to be angry anyway. 

I get it's part of his show to bitch about everything but it does get old when he does it on topics that make no sense at all. 

16 minutes ago, llanoflash said:

i am old. i know this.

but who in the fuck is cardi b and why in the fuck is this dumbshit on the stern show?

pretty hard to interview somebody who cant formulate a complete sentence.

100% agree. She's also the hottest name in music.

I get the feeling that they thought Cardi B might be a more entertaining interview as she seems to be a pistol on shows like Fallon, Kimmel, etc...

I think 5 minutes in they realized that a long format Beetlejuice interview is easier to conduct.