Howard Stern Show

mulletpelini

3 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Does anyone find the female impersonator funny?  The Huckabee Sanders torture bit was atrociously unfunny.

A lot of those feel forced and are unfully from the very beginning. The fact that Howard has written questions in front of him to read and they have "joke answers" already prepared just make it even worse. 

6 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Does anyone find the female impersonator funny?  The Huckabee Sanders torture bit was atrociously unfunny.

I tend to think most of these aren't that funny.  This one in particular is funny to me because she kind of sounds like my ex-wife pissed off. (white trash with cash)

23 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I'm not a fan of Shuli, but his impression is pretty good.  FredRonnie is funnier because Ronnie is funny to start with.  Tan Mom is a miserable cunt. 

This and his HPE are outstanding.  Much prefer Shulimom than Tan Mom anyday.  Fred's Ronnie is in line, way better than the original.

A bit OT...

There was a stretch when Davidson was on almost weekly on Opie Radio (maybe Jim Norton was still suffering thru Opie’s idiocy, not sure). Of course, there’s a lot more to talk about with Ol Pete these days. He can be an unbelievable dick, he really hammered one of the Stangel Bros who had been enlisted to give Opie a personality (they failed). 

I listened to a little bit this morning . He did a scene on Trainwreck with Bill Hader, and Hader recommended him to Lorne Michaels. He didn’t expect to get it, and that attitude may have helped him get hired. George Costanza’s opposite approach really works sometimes. 

4 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

im sick of Ronny. get him off the show. no one cares. im sick of fred ronny to

He's great but Howard like he does on occasion goes to the well far too many times. 

It happened with Sal and Richard for awhile, JD for awhile, Eric the Actor, Highpitch, Memet, etc. For whatever reason he (or his staff) only give him info or jokes on shit that he has been giving air time too most recently. I think the biggest culprit of this is Jason Kaplin. I can't stand that guy as he seems like a total kiss ass, rumor monger that tells Howard everything in effort to get a little air time. 

Drives me nuts.   

On 10/1/2018 at 8:55 AM, Bogeywon said:

im sick of Ronny. get him off the show. no one cares. im sick of fred ronny to

It seems like half the mornings, Howard 100 has a title of Ronnie ______________ on my radio.    Or they bring on Tan Mom every few weeks.    Except for the occasional celebrity interview, they have very little to offer.   I still listen some but only a handful of minutes most mornings.

Colbert not wasting any time throwing Favale under the bus by stating the facts as he knows them:  https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/04/entertainment/stephen-colbert-vinnie-favale/index.html

As much as Stern is big on discussing everything on air for the fans, he rarely discusses people leaving the show.  Every once in a while a caller will ask him "what ever happened to _____" and then he has to state some reason why the person is gone.   There are exceptions:  Artie, Stuttering John, Jackie, etc.  He had no choice but to address their absence.   Secondary characters on the show or staff are not mentioned.  They just disappear.

22 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Looks like friend of the show Vinnie Favale is about to have his #metoo moment.

Link

Two sources detailed a problematic "Late Show" department meeting around 2015, where Favale was in attendance and loud construction could be heard outside the office.
"There was a big drill, and we looked outside and went to the window. [Favale] compared the drill to 'a big black dick' as it was drilling into the ground," a former CBS employee recalled. "I couldn't believe he said that."
This former employee said she comp

giphy.gif

Vinnie’s not nearly important/valuable enough to have anyone at CBS willing to fight for him, especially after Moonves (who may have been his protector... Letterman surely was), so he’s toast. His name is mud, and I doubt he’ll be able to get another network job. 

I’m sure he’d like to go to Howard and see if there’s something for him at SiriusXM (yay, dick jokes!) but for all his on-air bombast, Stern is risk-averse in the workplace. Plus, The Redhead wouldn’t allow it.

So, he’s lost a high-paying job, and due to the political environment and having a really peculiar set of skills, he may not be able to find another. At least he’s got his savings. 

Oh wait, much of his bankroll is tied up in his dream of writing and producing that shitty musical. That no one else would ever back now. 

Oh, Debbie.

Edited by Vito Andolini

Howard bitching about his dinner with Kimmel last week I hope was a bit, because if it wasn't I sure as hell have no idea why anybody would want to hang around him. 

-bitching about having dinner at 7:30 being too late

-bitching about people wanting to take selfies

-bitching about not being able to have more than one glass of wine

-bitching about Kimmel not paying the bill

I didn't get Howard's rant about New Yorkers paying more federal taxes than people in the south.  A caller tried to explain that the federal tax rates are the same no matter where you live, but was quickly shouted down by Howard and Robin.  Then it turned into an argument of they don't get the same federal tax dollars returned to their states.

He can be such and angry bitter asshole.

Edited by theoceancalled

He wasn't saying that the tax rates are different. He's saying that there's more wealth in New York (corporate and individual), which results in more money overall going to the federal government, which is then spread out to the states. And he's right. New York gives far more to the federal government than the South, and it receives far less per capita.

46 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

memet is a loon

He is.

I kind of understood his argument. He is just too big of a douche, cry baby, and thin skinned to explain it properly and have an actual intelligent discussion about it.  

Politics aside, getting ganged up on in the office and having short mans complex doesn't work to his advantage when trying to explain his point(s). 

And when Jason Kaplan's panel imput is "clips of FoxNews anchors making stupid comments" it isn't a surprise that Memet feels like everyone is picking on him based on his views especially when he gets so defensive when someone doesn't agree with him or questions him on why he feels that way.