Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

2 minutes ago, KingLerxst said:

Sad that I’m not even that upset right now. Knew before the season started there would be at least 2 or 3 losses against teams we should beat. It’s going to continue until Herman is gone.

I think I posted this after the first season and saw the pattern continue from his previous schtick. And of course, I was negged by the sunshine pumpers.

We are paying $5 million a year for mediocrity.  The only difference between our roller coaster and aggies is that we save $2.5 million, get the fall off after our "killer" recruiting classes instead of mid season and we don't ride with sheep.

It shouldn't have mattered that Ingram fumbled on the one but to add salt to the wound, it shouldn't have been the play to him either. I was not surprised whatsoever at the outcome of that play.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Neonmoon said:

TCU is not a good team. They will probably go .500 this year. Herman is a pussy. He turtles with the lead. He allows terrible coaches to stick around for years. Because he has no fucking clue what he’s doing. 

This.  TCU is awful.  this is where we are.  losing to awful teams at home.

Hello, Urban? This is Chris Del Conte, have you got a minute?

Yeah, I'd like to hire you. As a Consultant, right now, while we work out the details of Tom Herman leaving? We can offer you a million more than your Fox contract while we work that out, and there is no doubt when you take over as HC. Can you be here tonight? Or tomorrow, or Monday? You'll be 100% in charge, immediately, and the title comes when we've got Tom out of the way.

Whatta you say?

Two million more? Yeah, I think we can... no, we definitely can do that...

Rumor has it...

11 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean I love Sam but he is not anywhere near a good enough passer to be in the NFL, and certainly not anywhere near good enough a runner to make up for it. If I were him I would stay here and play for that cushy job with some big alum.

But hey every player here thinks they can make it in the league so I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't come back next season and gave it a shot.

Hey now, Tim Tebow started and won a NFL playoff game.

Still averaging, three games into this season, an 8-5 record based on the modern 13game platform (since a bowl game is guaranteed at that point).   And we can’t stop throwing money at him.  Nothing wrong with 8-5, but it ain’t worth $6mm/year at Texas.  I’ve never understood the fascination y’all have with this guy.  He’s a good coach but ain’t worth this kinda money. 

7 minutes ago, pacman said:

Never thought I would see a coach more of a pussy than Mack Brown, yet here we are....

Apple didn't fall too far from that coaching tree did it?

6 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

I think I posted this after the first season and saw the pattern continue from his previous schtick. And of course, I was negged by the sunshine pumpers.

We are paying $5 million a year for mediocrity.  The only difference between our roller coaster and aggies is that we save $2.5 million, get the fall off after our "killer" recruiting classes instead of mid season and we don't ride with sheep.

It shouldn't have mattered that Ingram fumbled on the one but to add salt to the wound, it shouldn't have been the play to him either. I was not surprised whatsoever at the outcome of that play.

Better than Charlie Strong? 

17 minutes ago, KingLerxst said:

Sad that I’m not even that upset right now. Knew before the season started there would be at least 2 or 3 losses against teams we should beat. It’s going to continue until Herman is gone. It’s who he is and has always been. I’ll continue to watch every game because I love the team that much. But I won’t have any expectations high or low until the next coach is brought in. Just hope that’s sooner than later.Tomorrow would be nice........

What makes me sad is we are probably going to kick the shit out of OU now, but we will have losses like this hanging around our neck.

Just now, USNALonghorn said:

Beating an uninspired Georgia team was probably the worst thing to happen for the program in the long term.

Yeah the false sense of whatever you wanna call it, has kept Herman floating, including getting all new coaches. We did this same thing with Charlie Strong. Why the fuck is Texas so stupid.

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

What makes me sad is we are probably going to kick the shit out of OU now, but we will have losses like this hanging around our neck.

Then we will sniff our asses and chalk up TCU as a fluke close loss until we drop 2 more games and need a FG to beat Kansas again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Liquor and Poker said:

He’s going to John Cooper us.  8-4, 9-3, stellar record in bowls.  Every year.  Hard to fire that unless you have a hire in place.  Could easily stick around another 5 years or more doing that. 

Kinda feels like the Houston BMDs who forced him down our throats should be blasted by fans.  No search, no vetting, just backed up the brinks truck to the UH coach bc he won a couple big games as an underdog and coached 3 hours away 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

If Tom Herman is supposedly such a smart guy why are his teams always so fucking stupid? The refs were fucking us in the first half then for the most part finally stopped doing that and then we fumble at the one reaching the ball from the two?  Then Tom doesn’t even notice that there might have been one second left and just jogs off the field? At least argue it to the refs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

Look at who beat us:

Rush Yards: 4 guys - 3 FRESHMEN and 1 SOPHOMORE QB - rushed for 200 of their 226 yards

Pass Yards: 1 guy, SOPHOMORE - threw for 231 yards

Receiving Yards - 140 of their 231 receiving yards were from FRESHMEN

If Herman can't beat them with an experienced team, not sure what happens when TCU has more experience than us.

And we play @ TCU next year, where we always look like shit.  Incoming 20+ point loss.

Just now, RoyalBevo21 said:

Texas is teetering on Nebraska level at this point. Getting tired of watching this mediocre bullshit. 

We are fucking Michigan bro.  We are our main rivals bitch.  We are irrelevant.  We lose to teams we have no business losing to.  We are in a completely irrelevant conference.  We don't develop NFL talent.   

I'm just happy I was alive to watch Vince win a championship and spent my years at school during the colt mccoy era.  This last decade has made me question whether Texas will ever win another title.  While we get good recruits, we don't recruit to the level of Bama, Clemson, tOSU, LSU, UGA.  We also don't seem to be able to attract elite coaches.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

Just thought I would drop in and say Hi!  2-7 vs. TCU since we had to let them in this shitty league.   I see nothing has changed on the premier Longhorn football forum.  Y’all keep knocking yourselves out and I’ll check back if we ever get a real coach.  Life’s too short for this shit.  

What a shit show of a game.  So many fucking flags.  The first quarter was almost unwatchable.  Despite all the numerous fuck ups, we should have won the game once we got that three point lead late.  An average high school coaching staff could have protected that lead at that point in the game with our talent.  This was a game that showed, without a doubt, that our coaches suck during the week and even more so on game day.

Calling two runs with 55 seconds left to end the first half.  1:28 was enough time to throw the ball with no timeouts, but 55 seconds was not?  Is that in the fucking binder?

WRs that consistently run routes a yard or two short of the line to gain.  This shit is maddening and its coachable.

Shit tackling and taking bad angles in pursuit.  Every defensive snap there's a chance I'll snap.  New coaching staff, same shitty fundamentals

Playing to keep a lead instead of to score.  When we ran, and then ran the fucking option on first and then second down from our own 7, up 3 with like 6:30 left, I knew we were fucked.  I had hope, but I knew at the same time.  Oh and then to cap the 3 and out Jake Smith runs a route 2 yards short.  Good job coach.

And then of course TCU takes the lead back on perhaps the worst defensive call of the season so far.  What kind of alignment was that versus a QB that you called the most Sam Ehlinger QB in the Big 12 on the game winning TD?   Jesus Christ.

Ball security.  I mean, you're on the 1.5 yard line on a pile why are you trying to extend the football? Don't fumble on the goal line and we win the game.  And why are we going tempo here in the first place?  What the fuck?

The ending was Patterson taking a huge shit on Herman's masked up face.  He knew the rules and the clock and rather than punt like pretty much every other coach would have, he dunked on Herman like Pippen over Ewing.  And then when the refs didn't know the rules, they trusted Patterson to help them out and changed like the fourth call in the game at his direction.  Fucking absurd.

Fuck this shit and fuck this guy.  He is convinced he is smarter than everyone, but is constantly fucking up easy shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Apple didn't fall too far from that coaching tree did it?

Better than Charlie Strong? 

At some point, you knew exactly what you got with Charlie Strong. You just watched the train wreck out of morbid curiosity rather than some glimmer of "this time they'll put it all together."  Texas will stumble to a 5 maybe 6 win season, make it into a decent bowl on revenue potential, actually play well, then rinse and repeat for next season. Herman has enough smoke and mirrors to fool the administration and some boosters for another couple of years unless Texas completely sharts the bed this season. Plus Covid.

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas