Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

There's no way that Herman survives this, right? 1-4 against OU, has a senior laden team that he recruited.

This will tell what do the higher ups actually think about football. If they don't fire him this year, we know that football will never really be back as two bad recruiting classes (this year + transition) will give the next coach little to work with.

Just now, GabrielsHorn said:

There's no way that Herman survives this, right? 1-4 against OU, has a senior laden team that he recruited.

This will tell what do the higher ups actually think about football. If they don't fire him this year, we know that football will never really be back as two bad recruiting classes (this year + transition) will give the next coach little to work with.

You're assuming CDC cares about winning as much as making money. I'm not yet convinced this is the case. He had cause to fire this fraud last year but didn't.

• Fuck You 2

Who’s paying the buyout? Are boosters going to pony up $30M+ to fire Herman and co? I don’t see it happening.
  • Like 1

Just now, Captain Ron said:

Well yeah, Tom Herman is our coach. Being in the playoff talk SHOULD be the last thing on your mind.

I don't think Jimbo can win big with his brand of football. He's better than Tom, sure. A&M being in the playoff conversation three weeks into the season is a nothing burger. We need to fix our shit first.

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

The loss to Maryland was the canary. When someone shows you who they are, believe them 

Don't forget the Demarvin Leal recruitment from a couple years ago.

Arrogant Herman thought Leal is a stone-cold lock to UT and Jimbo swipes a true playmaking DT (that we currently lack) right out from under him while Mensa is busy enjoying the smell of his own farts.

They will.  People don’t understand how much money big money donors have.   Not all of them even are in positions where they’re operating companies with a bunch of employees getting laid off. 

With the last decade of complacency and poor hires, I can't imagine the BMDs even giving a shit about this. They'll send sternly-worded letters but I've never heard of an upheaval and buyout with modern day contracts.

They will.  People don’t understand how much money big money donors have.   Not all of them even are in positions where they’re operating companies with a bunch of employees getting laid off. 

With the last decade of complacency and poor hires, I can't imagine the BMDs even giving a shit about this. They'll send sternly-worded letters but I've never heard of an upheaval and buyout with modern day contracts.

Another game where we show no sense of urgency and ability until we are trailing. Never fails with Tom. Hope we win and fuck OU but holy shit, this will never change. Look like shit all game, get a deficit and then here comes the offense. Where is this the rest of the game? Not a recipe for success at all.

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas