Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

There are so many issues I do not even know where to start. Do you start at wide receiver that is the least talented group in my lifetime of watching Texas football? Or the offensive line? Or even the linebackers that are so bad I longed for the days of Reed Boyd? In year four of Tom Herman Texas football we have three position groups that are as bad as they ever have been in the modern history of Texas football. How in the fuck is that happening when we have supposedly improved our roster? 

Ultimately he owns the state of the program snd its nowhere where it should be after four years. It’s time for a new coach. 

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

There are so many issues I do not even know where to start. Do you start at wide receiver that is the least talented group in my lifetime of watching Texas football? Or the offensive line? Or even the linebackers that are so bad I longed for the days of Reed Boyd? In year four of Tom Herman Texas football we have three position groups that are as bad as they ever have been in the modern history of Texas football. How in the fuck is that happening when we have supposedly improved our roster? 

Ultimately he owns the state of the program snd its nowhere where it should be after four years. It’s time for a new coach. 

I’m not sure it even starts at the position groups as much as it does with the excuse culture and bull shit Herman spews. But imo, it is the OL that is a disgrace. You can get by with mediocre position groups when you have a dominate OL.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

We are stuck with Herman unless the rich donors who pushed for Herman over anyone else at the start of Charlie's final year want to cough up the obscene buyout to push Herman out and then pay an even more obscene amount to maybe try to lure Urban out of retirement. Short of that you're either trying to get someone like PJ Fleck or rolling the dice on yet another project. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I think you mistake a statement of action for statement of fact.

You won't eat crow it Urban does come.

Whether he does come or not is not a statement of fact.

What is a statement of fact is that I will no longer be watching Texas football if we get another project coach or keep Herman. I won't because it means Texas Athletics is never going to bring a winner in as head coach.

This happened to me when Jerry hired Barry. I grew up an ardent Cowboys fan. Now, I don't watch NFL at all.

If Texas Athletics doesn't give a shit about winning at football, I don't give a shit about watching it. 

This isn't complicated.

And why some people are so absolutely certain Urban won't come to Texas is as equally idiotic as a he notion that Herman can't be fired this year. 

I’m not saying Urban wouldn’t come to Texas. Never said that. In fact, I think if offered the right deal he would be hard pressed not do it. My point is, I just don’t believe he will be given the opportunity to come by the University. You should know that by now.  And for the Dabo wishcasters, that’s just what it is. He’s sitting in a CFB HOF rocking chair right now. Coaching Nirvana if you will. He’ll never leave the south, and if it ever came to that point that he’d consider it, his best years would be behind him. Fuck yeah give me Urban. But there is no evidence to suggest our university would come together as one mind on that. I could develop a taste for crow, and like it otherwise.

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

We are stuck with Herman unless the rich donors who pushed for Herman over anyone else at the start of Charlie's final year want to cough up the obscene buyout to push Herman out and then pay an even more obscene amount to maybe try to lure Urban out of retirement. Short of that you're either trying to get someone like PJ Fleck or rolling the dice on yet another project. 

On the flip side of this, we are in a position where Urban is actually reachable due to being pushed out of OSU. It's somewhat of a Faustian bargain, but if he signals he would be okay with coaching here, I can't imagine that there won't be some boosters that actually push for it.

If Herman was actually a decent person, it would be fine, but he's seemingly a prick to everyone. 

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

He has no strategy. None, not even winning. 

He really doesn’t. And therefore has non identity to hang his hat on. He’s stupid and really doesn’t understand anything. It’s so funny how he always downplayed Xs and Os “there is nothing new” but clearly doesn’t understand that Xs and Os means leveraging your players against the opposition. He’s truly fucking stupid about football, but is extremely fucking smart in the way he was able to rise to being the coach at Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

He needs to be gone.  Should be 1-3 this year.  He has been outcoached in every game save maybe UTEP.  There is no reason that this type of ineptitude should be allowed to continue.  I fucking hate to lose but losing today was like the last time Mack Brown got smoked by OU.  I will watch but it will be with divided attention.  You know, like the way TH coaches this team. 

All I ask is to avoid the flavor of the year from the group of 5 and get someone who has proven they can win at this level.

All that being said, I am afraid he gets a free pass because of C19.  

Of all the fucking years to even be good against OU. The one fucking year where they were the most vunerable, you lay a god damn egg until the 4th quarter. Just imagine what life is like when we're breaking in a brand new QB with this shitfest of a coaching crew. I don't blame Bowman for decommitting. Why the fuck would you come here if you have any aspirations to go into the NFL. You do not develop at Texas. You are only as good as your high school ceiling here. Our coaching staff will not put you in a position to be better. Name me a single player that got better for his time at Texas. Maybe Duvernay?

Edited by mdmost

9 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Pj fleck isn’t coming here. I think he actually has pride and is building culture...and happy where he is. 

Right fucking now. I am saddened for Sam and our other great athletes, a lot we may not know about, because he lacks the ability to teach/coach. If people aren’t learning and progressing...your not teaching/coaching and developing athletes...you might say you are..but your a fucking fraud.

Sam should be in heisman race with a great, well-coached team around him. Instead...Sam is carrying about ten tons on his back.

32 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

The ONLY reason it might, is Texas Athletics doesn't give a shit about ever having a great football team.

Evidence points to they might not.

This is the break over point.

If they don't hire Urban, they don't give a fuck about ever being a good to great football school.

This is do or die for the program. 

It's that fucking binary. 

Fire Herman and hire Urban or Texas Football is and will always be an also ran. 

This take is incorrect.

7 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Pj fleck isn’t coming here. I think he actually has pride and is building culture...and happy where he is. 

Oh I know. That's why I said try to lure someone like PJ. We're going to have to hope for a guy who either: is not happy with his situation that we can money whip (a la Jimbo to aggy), try to lure a guy with just an obscene amount of money like Urban, or take a risk on another "hot name". Maybe we can try for an NFL guy. We're not as desirous a destination as we think ourselves to be. 

Edited by mdmost

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Oh I know. That's why I said try to lure someone like PJ. We're going to have to hope for a guy who either: is not happy with his situation that we can money whip (a la Jimbo to aggy, try to lure a guy with just an obscene amount of money like Urban, or take a risk on another "hot name". Maybe we can try for an NFL guy. We're not as desirous as a destination as we think ourselves to be. 

Yeah you’re absolutely right on that!

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Oh I know. That's why I said try to lure someone like PJ. We're going to have to hope for a guy who either: is not happy with his situation that we can money whip (a la Jimbo to aggy, try to lure a guy with just an obscene amount of money like Urban, or take a risk on another "hot name". Maybe we can try for an NFL guy. We're not as desirous as a destination as we think ourselves to be. 

How much does Bienemy make as KC offensive coordinator? And no, I don’t think the Texans are smart enough to go after him.

Say what you want but fisher made adjustments vs. FL in the 2nd half and started running the ball to keep FL offense off the field.

Herman simply keeps trying to ram a square peg into a round hole every week.

He may think he’s book smart but he wouldn’t get out of a burning car if his GPS said 5 more miles to your destination. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Nope said:

Probably already posted 

Deshon was never a bright person. Strong sucked shit through a hose as a coach here and the next place he went and fucked up. Just because you banged his daughter does not change that, Deshon. . 

Edited by Newy25
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Kansas state is beating the fuck out of TCU on the road with their backup qb only completing 6 passes.

Iowa State is beating fuck out of Tech with Bowman. 

Shit is about to get ugly this season if we don't fire Herman soon

Edited by Atticus
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

Just want to point out that we haven’t even played the best teams on our schedule. 

And that's the really shitty part. Even if we won today, it would only be over a really mediocre OU team (even though they still found a way to beat our pathetic asses) and the meat of our schedule still remains. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Ricky Butler said:

That's certainly one interpretation. I mean, it's not the most logical, but it's certainly the most cynical.

Yeah, I don’t really have anything positive to think or say about the guy. He’s out for himself first and foremost and if he can find ways to remove blame from himself he will. Just like throwing players under the bus last year in post game pressers. I guess I shouldn’t expect any more or less, but it is what it is 

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

You keep saying this, you know Saban would have come here right? Venables wanted to coach here. Chizicks want to be the head coach here. Herman chose us over LSU. 

We are absolutely a desirable destination for a coach with the confidence to know the legacy, money and facilities could help cement a career. I dunno, maybe one who's proven they can do it and other schools in the past. 

Keep jerking off to that Saban bullshit. Tom Hicks has a stadium he'd like to sell you. 

We are such the destination that we get 2 group of 5 coaches from schools we'd never stoop to allow into the Big 12. We are a paycheck school. We gave 6 million to a guy who lost to Navy, SMU, UCONN, and Memphis. We are getting lapped by the SEC schools for Texas recruits. We have to hope the next guy gets here and can work magic in either year 1 or year 2. So again, like Tennessee, Michigan, Florida and other used to be elite schools, we have to hope we get it right the next time. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Yeah, I don’t really have anything positive to think or say about the guy. He’s out for himself first and foremost and if he can find ways to remove blame from himself he will. Just like throwing players under the bus last year in post game pressers. I guess I shouldn’t expect any more or less, but it is what it is 

Well if he wanted to curry favor with alumni, he might have done the opposite and "defended" the Eyes.

Keep jerking off to that Saban bullshit. Tom Hicks has a stadium he'd like to sell you. 
We are such the destination that we get 2 group of 5 coaches from schools we'd never stoop to allow into the Big 12. We are a paycheck school. We gave 6 million to a guy who lost to Navy, SMU, UCONN, and Memphis. We are getting lapped by the SEC schools for Texas recruits. We have to hope the next guy gets here and can work magic in either year 1 or year 2. So again, like Tennessee, Michigan, Florida and other used to be elite schools, we have to hope we get it right the next time. 

Strong was an unmitigated disaster. We didn’t get Saban — I’ll swear the deal was done until the day I die — and were forced to settle on Strong, our 4th or 5th choice. Herman isn’t the right guy either but it was definitely an improvement over Strong and seemed like the smart play at the time. And like I said, better than Chuck Strong.

Urban is out there. I can’t imagine he would like nothing more than to follow Herman and start whipping people’s asses with Herman’s players.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, BurntEyes said:

The problem isn't the job, it's the fucking selection process.

Saban was fucking going to come to Texas. This is know fact. We can revisit that if you like.

No thanks. You can keep the fan fiction to yourself. Good for Saban to not come to this shitfest. Jimmy Sexton is a genius. 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas