Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

23 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Something about that leopard print says Dallas to me. Anyone got the forecast from last night? 

Also, they appear to be laughing at a picture of Charlie. 

I was thinking the phone pic looks like a side by side of Charlie on left and mensa putting on the backpack at right

was thinking same about leopard print skirt, figured Dallas booster side dish in attendance.

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Anybody relieved they don’t have to watch a garbage team shoot itself in the dick repeatedly today?

fuck you, Tom.

Oh thanks a lot, got up, feeling good, drinking coffee on the back porch. Never gave a though as to why I was enjoying the morning so much, then you had to go and post this and hit the nail on the head.iu-6.gif.e39bb249441762388ac3f90d9f556493.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

Worst case scenario.  

7-3 finish.  No B12 championship game.  Back into a good bowl and beat some overrated top 10 pac12 or ACC team.  Finish at no 10 in the final polls.  Close on a top 15 recruiting class.  Keep Tom Herman.   

Mediocrity cycle continues with no changes.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Not sure of the king....  I think some key folks are:

• Kevin P. Eltife

• Bill Duvall

• R. Steven Hicks

@closetojumping will know

Eltife isn’t a BMD to my knowledge. He’s the former mayor of Tyler and either a state senator or former state senator. He’s a big swinging dick on the BoR though

35 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Is there ever anything really concreet about coaching moves in season? This is based on rumor and speculation, with the occasional comment off the record.

Riley's name has been tied with NFL jobs for a while now. I see articles citing him as a potential Falcon's hire as far back as early last season. The betting thing was just more recent.

With the rash of young coaches becoming NFL head coaches lately (including college guys like Kingsbury) and having quick success, teams making changes are looking to copy the trend. Riley would fit the mold.

Not gonna lie. Id kill 5 hookers to have Lincoln coach Watson and The Texans. 

3 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Worst case scenario.  

7-3 finish.  No B12 championship game.  Back into a good bowl and beat some overrated top 10 pac12 or ACC team.  Finish at no 10 in the final polls.  Close on a top 15 recruiting class.  Keep Tom Herman.   

Mediocrity cycle continues with no changes.  

He doesn't get to miss out on the Big 12 championship game and come back in 2021. I think he's gone after his next loss. 

• Haha 1

That ain't Urban.  Unless he grew the tip of his nose.  Y'all getting trolled.
image.png.57bf62e2483bf812cad0ae168e106fcf.png
image.thumb.png.361997fec107012511a6339cd78a25d6.png

I'm not even sure how we're getting trolled. A picture was posted that may or may not be Urban Meyer with no context whatsoever.

I don't doubt that pictures of Urban Meyer at events exist. Does the fact that someone finds/posts one mean he's heading for Texas?

I mean, I'm sticking by believing it's true because I want to believe, but really nothing that means anything has been posted, whether that picture is Urban Meyer or not.

I do love that we've decided that the picture on the phone that the guy who may or may not be Urban Meyer is looking at is Charlie Strong, just because it possibly looks like there might be a black guy in it.
  • Like 1

“Culture, and recruit and develop talent”

culture, talent.  Culture, talent.  Culture, talent.  If you’re doing something different, you’re wasting your time.  

“I think it’s one of the great thing to remember.  Culture, talent.  Culture, talent.  If the head coach is spending time on something other than that... they probably aren’t doing well”

shot across the bow

Edited by Treefidy
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Bill Lumbergh said:

I'm not even sure how we're getting trolled. A picture was posted that may or may not be Urban Meyer with no context whatsoever.

I don't doubt that pictures of Urban Meyer at events exist. Does the fact that someone finds/posts one mean he's heading for Texas?

I mean, I'm sticking by believing it's true because I want to believe, but really nothing that means anything has been posted, whether that picture is Urban Meyer or not.

I do love that we've decided that the picture on the phone that the guy who may or may not be Urban Meyer is looking at is Charlie Strong, just because it possibly looks like there might be a black guy in it.

I say we're getting trolled because ninjaboi is doing his best Fat Ketch impression.  He don't know shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I reverse image searched it and it netted zero matches. 

he keeps saying culture and talent repeatedly on tv now. 

1+1=11 ITS HAPPENING

• Like 1

I say we're getting trolled because ninjaboi is doing his best Fat Ketch impression.  He don't know shit.

Yeah, I get that, but at least jabba mcrib actually says something. Sure, he caveats it and walks it back all the time, but he says something. 

All we have here is a random picture of a guy who might be a guy who might be interested in coaching at Texas. Real ovaries on the table moment there.

Just now, horn_of_the_morning said:

FCB has a guy from a columbus radio station who covers OSU on his latest podcast talking only about Urban and how he operates etc.

https://pca.st/episode/2991f04f-85f5-49cb-85bd-01005cc00af4

They were saying on the horn that he’s so detail oriented that he rings in the media to put out messages and control their message 

32 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

Compared to him on TV today, the sideburns look off too.

Earlobe checks out, MNC ring on right hand checks out also.  Jacket definitely of the type he likes.  

wathing urbans playbook, when he turns his head to right and smiles, he gets 2 defined vertical creases at his chin and jaw/neck thing he has going.   

I was just having fun with it this morning, but on further exploration, I’m actually pretty certain that pic is Urban.  Where it is, when or why, who the fuck knows.  

Edited by Treefidy

4 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Somebody posts a random pic with no context and look what follows.  Absurd.

Meh. Who knows if we get Urban or not, probably not.  But we do know Mensa is getting fired.  We don’t know when exactly, but he will not finish out his contract on 12/31/23, that is a certainty.

Having Urban troll Mensa on national TV is fucking great though, intentionally or otherwise.   That’s how bad things have become under the head narcissist in charge.  

3 hours ago, Xian said:

I can’t even enjoy other teams playing right now. Football in general just makes me sick.   This sucks 

I can. I thoroughly enjoyed KSU and ISU beating OU. I’m also looking forward to pirate vs soldiers today.

7 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Having Urban troll Mensa on national TV is fucking great though, intentionally or otherwise.   That’s how bad things have become under the head narcissist in charge.  

I feel confident Tom is not willingly watching Urban Meyer on TV this morning. Probably watching a Lifetime movie or something instead. 
spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Yeah, I get that, but at least jabba mcrib actually says something. Sure, he caveats it and walks it back all the time, but he says something. 

All we have here is a random picture of a guy who might be a guy who might be interested in coaching at Texas. Real ovaries on the table moment there.

For all we bitch about Ketch and his OBers, they take a stand and say something publicly. They might be wrong, but they are at least putting something out there, unless the boosters lay down threats.

All we're getting from hfd is crazy woo talk and some contextless pictures that some guy creeped when his parents took him out do dinner one night.

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Worst case scenario.  

̶7̶-̶3̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶.̶ ̶ ̶N̶o̶ ̶B̶1̶2̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶m̶p̶i̶o̶n̶s̶h̶i̶p̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶ ̶B̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶b̶o̶w̶l̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶r̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶1̶0̶ ̶p̶a̶c̶1̶2̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶A̶C̶C̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶.̶

F̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶1̶0̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶p̶o̶l̶l̶s̶.̶ ̶ ̶C̶l̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶1̶5̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶r̶u̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶.̶

Keep Tom Herman.   

M̶e̶d̶i̶o̶c̶r̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶c̶y̶c̶l̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶s̶.̶  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Earlobe checks out, MNC ring on right hand checks out also.  Jacket definitely of the type he likes.  

wathing urbans playbook, when he turns his head to right and smiles, he gets 2 defined vertical creases at his chin and jaw/neck thing he has going.   

I was just having fun with it this morning, but on further exploration, I’m actually pretty certain that pic is Urban.  Where it is, when or why, who the fuck knows.  

I'm thinking that it's a photo of Kim Jong-un.

I think we all get why winning is not an actual contractual performance covenant, other than triggering bonuses and payouts.

But it is sort of an absurdity that a fucking football coach can't be fired for losing a lot of games without substantial penalty to the employer.

The law is indeed an ass.

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think we all get why winning is not an actual contractual performance covenant, other than triggering bonuses and payouts.

But it is sort of an absurdity that a fucking football coach can't be fired for losing a lot of games without substantial penalty to the employer.

The law is indeed an ass.

The only law really involved there is freedom of contract and the law of the market.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas