Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I reverse image searched it and it netted zero matches. 

he keeps saying culture and talent repeatedly on tv now. 

1+1=11 ITS HAPPENING

because its literally an og pic taken from a dinner meeting last night with

Spoiler

texas donors in attendance 

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Edited by hornfromdallas
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

16 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think we all get why winning is not an actual contractual performance covenant, other than triggering bonuses and payouts.

But it is sort of an absurdity that a fucking football coach can't be fired for losing a lot of games without substantial penalty to the employer.

The law is indeed an ass.

Is there a legal reason why college coaches contracts are guaranteed? Or is it one of those things where it is the way it is because it’s the way it is?

17 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think we all get why winning is not an actual contractual performance covenant, other than triggering bonuses and payouts.

But it is sort of an absurdity that a fucking football coach can't be fired for losing a lot of games without substantial penalty to the employer.

The law is indeed an ass.

There is nothing absurd about it.  These are conditions the employer agreed to freely when the contract was signed.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

taken last night :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I beleive you. People doubting this are acting like conspiracy theorists.

Same haircut here, and it's obviously Urban in the photo. Not sure what y'all are talking about with the "sideburns"

Now, WHERE the picture was taken or who he was with or what it says about anything is of course up for debate.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Is there a legal reason why college coaches contracts are guaranteed? Or is it one of those things where it is the way it is because it’s the way it is?

Contracts are only guaranteed to the extent that the contract says so, which means both sides agreed to the condition.  This is not like the NFLPA where the union dictates elements of the contract.

8 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

There is nothing absurd about it.  These are conditions the employer agreed to freely when the contract was signed.

Hence my first sentence.

I'm not sure when coaches obtained the bargaining power to lose without substantial occupational/financial penalty.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

Would you expect anything less from this place?

No, but pointing out the stupidity is how I show my love.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Hence my first sentence.

Then I don't get your point, because a coach CAN be fired for losing without a penalty to the employer,  if the contract says so.

But no coach would likely sign a contract like that.

Again, the employer is party to the contract, so there is NOTHING absurd about it.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

No, but pointing out the stupidity is how I show my love.

Then I don't get your point, because a coach CAN be fired for losing without a penalty to the employer,  if the contract says so.

But no coach would likely sign a contract like that.

Again, the employer is party to the contract, so there is NOTHING absurd about it.

Well, the absurdity lies in the fact that just about no one employs a coach to lose.  Some employers will have a higher tolerance for it than others, but I feel confident that no employer hires a coach without some expectation of winning.

Not winning is a failure of the essential purpose of the hire, notwithstanding bargained-for contractual provisions.

It is understandable that a coach doesn't want to bear the risk of failure, but it's a real have your cake and eat it too situation.

Perhaps the better way to state it is that it is absurd that coaches have the bargaining power to mostly escape the consequences of losing.  I'm not sure the fundamental economics of it support that notion.  But at some point, the universities caved and set the precedent so here we are.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Ok, now you're actually saying something.

May not be true, but at least it's something.

I happen to think the picture does look like Meyer, and since I want it to be true, sure I'll believe it.

Yah, can’t say this picture is Urban Meyer meeting with boosters or whatever he’s saying it is, but obvs that’s Urban Meyer. And if it isn’t, someone sure went through a lot of trouble to find a picture of someone that really looks like Urban Meyer.

Also, not seeing the whole sideburn difference thing. You have a bad lighting pic, and today’s studio shots.

Like I said, doesn’t mean it’s what he’s saying it is, but that’s Urban Damn Meyer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Member the last time UT got in a rush to wrap up their new coach before some other team scooped him up? I member.

When looking for advice on how to identify a person with whom I am entering a contractual obligation, my first inclination is to ask a guy that married a stripper.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, the absurdity lies in the fact that just about no one employs a coach to lose.  Some employers will have a higher tolerance for it than others, but I feel confident that no employer hires a coach without some expectation of winning.

Not winning is a failure of the essential purpose of the hire, notwithstanding bargained-for contractual provisions.

It is understandable that a coach doesn't want to bear the risk of failure, but it's a real have your cake and eat it too situation.

Perhaps the better way to state it is that it is absurd that coaches have the bargaining power to mostly escape the consequences of losing.  I'm not sure the fundamental economics of it support that notion.  But at some point, the universities caved and set the precedent so here we are.

The fundamental economics of college athletics is the problem. Every school and their fan bases want to be a "winner." Yet at the end of the season the aggregate winning percentage will be .500. There simply aren't enough good coaches to go around, and schools are desperate because they need that football revenue. Go ahead and put your foot down and refuse to guarantee your contracts.....and then watch the coach you want to hire sign with another school that will. 

If you have $200 million in debt tied to your stadium expansion, you're gonna pay what it takes to pack the stands. And if your first hire fails, the desperation increases and so do the poor decisions. Fuck up your hires enough times and you  reach aggy levels of desperation, resulting in $75 mil guaranteed for a hobbit cuck.. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It is the result of the NCAA capping coaching salaries back in the day. At the time the NCAA feared that a huge increase in money would lay the groundwork for an arms race and took the position that there should be a cap that all universities could control.

Then in the 1990’s the issue went to court where they (the NCAA) subsequently lost. 

The coaches always had the power because universities want to win.

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Urban isn’t on set for this halftime show on fox now. He was on the pregame show. 

Its Happening GIF by swerk

I actually turned it on to analyze the color of his tie and noticed he was gone. Checked flightaware, and he’s en route to Austin with a pre planned flyover over Therm’s house so he can shit on him out the plane window. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

I have Super-enhanced FlightAware which actually shows that he's in the bubble directing some new offensive player assignments while holding a $7 million per year contract in his hand.. But it could be my Wi-Fi acting up.

Less than Jimbo? 

39 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Urban isn’t on set for this halftime show on fox now. He was on the pregame show. 

Its Happening GIF by swerk

He gave Tom a MENSA accredited jigsaw puzzle to work on while he does body shots of Michelle with his 3 MNC rings on his pimp hand. 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas