Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

Defense played their ass off. Offense did enough at the end. Jamison's big return was very timely.

Part of me is disappointed we won because I want all of this uncertainty to end, but the other part is happy that the team has something positive to talk about for a change.

8 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Defense played their ass off. Offense did enough at the end. Jamison's big return was very timely.

Part of me is disappointed we won because I want all of this uncertainty to end, but the other part is happy that the team has something positive to talk about for a change.

I’m never disappointed after a Texas win and I don’t understand fans who are.

• Hook 'Em 1

Not surprised at the win...this is what Tom Herman does. He loves to play the underdog. Only problem is that you're not going to be the underdog too often at Texas. If he wants to impress then win the games you're supposed to win instead of losing to mediocre TCU teams

1 minute ago, runthebone said:

Have you learned nothing?  This is the type of game he wins.  He is guaranteed to have a catastrophically bad loss soon.

This. If he didn’t, he wouldn’t be Herman and we wouldn’t all be desperate to see him go. Let’s enjoy fucking Gundy over and be happy for Sam and Ossai. 

2 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

I’m never disappointed after a Texas win and I don’t understand fans who are.

Think of it like tanking for the top pick in the draft.

Trevor Lawrence is available. Would you rather your team go 7-9 and miss the playoffs, or would you rather go 2-14 and significantly raise the ceiling of your team?

4 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Trevor Lawrence is available. Would you rather your team go 7-9 and miss the playoffs, or would you rather go 2-14 and significantly raise the ceiling of your team?

Yeah but there’s no draft in college football. There’s no guarantee of raising your ceiling...the last decade should be sufficient evidence of this.

Id rather just enjoy winning.

Edited by formermav43

We’d all love for the team to start playing like a championship team, not committing 140 yards of fucking penalties in a game, and keep a coach for 20 years.

But we also know the history of the last 4 years. The crumbling state of recruiting.
This win should change nothing as far as Herman’s future is concerned unfortunately.

And that’s damn sad

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

I enjoy it, but I also appreciate how it impacts the bigger picture.

Look at the thread. If you don't like it then leave, fuckface

Why does this win suddenly keep us from hiring Urban? We either win out and get a crack at the B12 title and I cheer the entire way - and Herman is maybe STILL canned at the end of the season - or Herman trips over his dick against someone on our remaining slate and he's for SURE canned and we get to start a new era.

Where is Urban going in the meantime? I don't see the Cowboys firing McCarthy in the middle of his first season after Dak's ankle exploded. USC hasn't played a game yet. Auburn? Lol. Tennessee? Double lol. 

If Urban wants the Texas job he can wait. I doubt we would have hired him midseason regardless of tonight's result.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Why does this win suddenly keep us from hiring Urban? We either win out and get a crack at the B12 title and I cheer the entire way - and Herman is maybe STILL canned at the end of the season - or Herman trips over his dick against someone on our remaining slate and he's for SURE canned and we get to start a new era.

Where is Urban going in the meantime? I don't see the Cowboys firing McCarthy in the middle of his first season after Dak's ankle exploded. USC hasn't played a game yet. Auburn? Lol. Tennessee? Double lol. 

If Urban wants the Texas job he can wait. I doubt we would have hired him midseason regardless of tonight's result.

Exactly. You know the powers that be realize we won that game despite Herman, not because of him. The talent we have on offense vs the actual output screams horrible coaching.

26 minutes ago, Atticus said:

7-9, miss the playoffs, trade up for the pick

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas