Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

Just now, canadianhorn21 said:

Honestly we are in win-win territoy..we win out, win the big 12, Or Herman gets fired and we still win.

Not really, every win until that inevitable loss further delays the coaching change and tanks the next two recruiting classes. It’s not even about keeping who we have, but getting players back on board; which won’t happen unless we change coaches.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Guys, enjoy the win.  Just like every game since he has been here, it’s going to be 50/50 whether we win.  If we win out, great.  Odds are we are going to lose to a team that we shouldn’t.  He’s going to get fired.  Recruiting is in the shitter, not sure how he changes that perception.

• Like 1

Defense got their ass absolutely torched. 531 yards with 127 penalty yards. OSU totally outplayed us.  We were lucky as hell. This changes nothing. Herman will not last until the end of the season, because this team isn’t good enough to win out. Next loss and he’s fired. 

Go fuck yourself. He won. It is what it is but he won.
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

What in the fuck was that!? I mean Sam. Joseph. So excited and bummed at the same time. No fan should ever have to feel like this. This is weird as fuck!

Probably emotionally spent because every fucking game in this shit conference goes to the last play. Does nobody find it weird that Tech, TCU, OU, and OSU all were fucking heart breakers one way or the other?

I don't get being upset with the win. If Tom Herman is who we all know he is, he will show us again soon enough. I personally dig the whole back against the wall, gritty performance.

I also know that when your coach doesn't believe in momentum, you shouldn't expect it from game to game. This had all the hallmarks of a Herman game. Dumb penalties, bad oline play, Sam sucking shit through the middle part of the game then being a hero at the end, defense creating turnovers but giving up yards and committing PI, having a chance to win it with the offense but turtling and punting to give the other team one last shot, then turtling on defense and having to hope for an OT win. Did i miss anything?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Enjoy the win - it was lucky and OSU is clearly a better team but it was at least fun to win against a decent team for a change.

Don't spend time fretting on Herman, he will definitely fuck this up. Next week, probably. Even if not I don’t see a sure win on our schedule with the way this team plays (yes, including Kansas. See: last year). 

Whether it’s justified or not, I will be shocked if Texas ever fires a coach mid season based on performance on the field. Agree with everyone though, wish it would happen tomorrow and they’d just jump to the end game and hire Urban in some capacity to get involved before the end of 2020.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Why?  Because you perceive us to have too much class?

No, I believe the powers-that-be perceive us to to be too classy to do that. I am not classy at all and would fire someone on the bus at the airport USC-style if it was warranted and best for the program. 

• Like 1

Since every game is a coin flip, we can expect a 6 and 4 record, and no championship game, sort of equivalent of a 7 and 5 season without COVID.  If someone presented the idea that 7 and 5 is your record, cdc would have to conclude that is not good enough to welcome Tom back.  But, is cdc motivated to move on after 6 and 4?  To me, I still maintain we have to wait until we are out of the championship game before we can feel confident the change is coming.  

15 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Why the fuck would you check in on what those short bus-riding dimwits are saying?

Let's please not disparage the short-bus riders of America. They are a dignified and hard working bunch. Unlike the hookworm infested dullards of B/CS.

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, orangecat92 said:

Understandably, because we can see the product.  But, even with all parties on board, do you really expect cdc to fire during the season?

It seems how things are done these days and I think it is correct. Once you decide to fire a coach you need to fire them. You only leave them out there if there is an actual chance for them to save their job. I think that is best for all involved anyway.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Tom Herman is a fraud. I want him fired as soon as possible. But I agree with Rex, this win doesn’t change the inevitability of his dismissal. But it probably delays it.

This was a good thing overall. It slows the bleeding while the work to replace TH carries on behind the scenes. With the portal as it is this year, free falling couldve been catastrophic.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, B00M said:

This was a good thing overall. It slows the bleeding while the work to replace TH carries on behind the scenes. With the portal as it is this year, free falling couldve been catastrophic.

Yeah I'm not sure how anyone is trying to argue that this win is bad for recruiting.

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah I'm not sure how anyone is trying to argue that this win is bad for recruiting.

I grabbed a random post to sloppily reply to the (many) folks here that hoped Texas would lose vs Okie Lite. Tom is done. Our roster could be in deep shit for years to come if we don't finish respectably.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Celebrating yet another ugly, unremarkable win. We beat oklahoma state, not Alabama.

Fuck

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Oklahoma State is not even the Alabama of Oklahoma.

Yeah that was my first reaction as well ... if this is the locker room reaction from this win, it speaks volumes about where this program is.

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas