Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

16 minutes ago, ousux said:
On 11/1/2020 at 9:16 AM, westexhorn said:
We aren't gonna whiff on another chance at a top 2 coach are we?

This year both USC and meatchicken could have openings at head corch, we can't afford to be late on this one

Michigan is the last place Urban would go. That'd be like Mack going to Aggy. 

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

If it had been offered, I'm not so sure Mack wouldn't have taken that job out of spite. 

I know this isn't what you commented, but I'm picturing ol' butterteeth trying to politic to the pleated-khakis wearing, Mackinac-vacationing UM boosters.

I don’t think a 2 loss conference title should even be enough. He should have ran away with this conference. If/when we have Urban lined up officially he needs to be gone. The relationship between him and the athletic department is fucked going forward regardless, post ultimatum relationships hardly work out. 

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Herman loses to WVU- He is gone mid season IMO, especially with the bye that next week

Herman beats WVU and loses to Kansas-lol see ya before you even get into the tunnel

Herman beats WVU and Kansas loses to Iowa state- Probably lets him finish the season out with only one additional regular season game

Herman beats WVU, Kansas, Iowa state loses to KState- See ya the following Monday, no way hes there for the bowl game

Herman wins out regular season but loses big 12 championship- See ya before the bowl game

Herman wins out and wins the big 12- Well...at least we know that wont happen

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

Has there been talk about suspending it this year?

This is the only article I can find.  It really doesn't specify one way or another.  Kids like to early enroll and that be would harder to do without the early period.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/should-ncaa-nix-early-signing-period-recruiting-experts-weigh-in-2020/

7 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I think the early signing date in December will move up the process.  

It would have to be a consideration, but if I were in CDC's seat I'd have my new guy under contract and perhaps a few more ducks in a row before I went public. I might even make my big donors feel like they are "in the loop" by letting them know what was done and have a private meeting between them and the new coach. Neutral site, like Vegas. 

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

I still can't get over CDC not tweeting about the past two wins. Even if you're just faking it, Saturday would be a good win to tweet about if you're the athletic director. 

ya thats pretty wild...especially for a guy that tweets womens tennis and soccer updates regularly

26 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

It would have to be a consideration, but if I were in CDC's seat I'd have my new guy under contract and perhaps a few more ducks in a row before I went public. I might even make my big donors feel like they are "in the loop" by letting them know what was done and have a private meeting between them and the new coach. Neutral site, like Vegas. 

Don't they have to go through the whole posting of the job since it is a State of Texas role?  Not saying they wouldn't have a a backdoor deal already secured, but there is generally a bureaucratic process for the job.

8 hours ago, TejasPedro said:

We have been played. Never any intention to fire this fraud. No activity or behind the scene talks. This whole, if he losses he is fired, is such a load of bull. The win saved CDC from getting any heat. He still doesn’t have to come out and addresss any of the issues.

Why in the hell did I ever believe CDC was the real deal. I thought he was going to come in like Blake from Glengarry Glen Ross, while Tom was whining about the “recruit leads” being shit, CDC was going to say, “Put that coffee down!”

We are seeing who really runs things,

Teflon Tom can’t be touched.

God, this schtick is getting old.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Don't they have to go through the whole posting of the job since it is a State of Texas role?  Not saying they wouldn't have a a backdoor deal already secured, but there is generally a bureaucratic process for the job.

They do, but it's not without its loopholes.

8 hours ago, TejasPedro said:

We have been played. Never any intention to fire this fraud. No activity or behind the scene talks. This whole, if he losses he is fired, is such a load of bull. The win saved CDC from getting any heat. He still doesn’t have to come out and addresss any of the issues.

Why in the hell did I ever believe CDC was the real deal. I thought he was going to come in like Blake from Glengarry Glen Ross, while Tom was whining about the “recruit leads” being shit, CDC was going to say, “Put that coffee down!”

We are seeing who really runs things,

Teflon Tom can’t be touched.

1313986149_tenor(62).gif.4e1bf020b5d44d251063964d9ce92f54.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

Most people with important sources that would know shit like this wouldn't be allowed by said sources to spout off on twitter about it this much....but who knows maybe we got some BMDs mentally challenged little brother on the twitters. 

Correct. But Texas has proven it can fuck up anything.

38 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Most people with important sources that would know shit like this wouldn't be allowed by said sources to spout off on twitter about it this much....but who knows maybe we got some BMDs mentally challenged little brother on the twitters. 

Yeah, I'm actually enjoying the relative restraint by UT paysites. Makes me think no good info is getting out.

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas