Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

2 minutes ago, wood said:

I can see how it might seem that way, but my question would be "Why?" This guy doesn't seem to have a history that kind of tweeting.

Because of hope and blind wishcasting...nothing better to do on a Monday as we plunge slowly into the abyss

1 hour ago, Not a cat said:

Throwing out 12/1 as a magical date when the buyout reduces leads me to call bullshit.  That's been pretty well disproven by now.  But I so want to believe.

Ya blind guy nuts on a squirrel once in a while or whatever...

THK5H is done here.  Hope UM comes here but 99% is wishcasting or trolling.  

Interest is there but why agree now instead of wait to see who else reaches out and what comes available?   UT is one of the programs that he would consider but we aren’t alone.   The longer this goes, the more likely his leverage builds with many potential scenarios developing.  There’s very little downside for him to wait.

THK5H could implode, get a DUI, or do something incredible dumb on national TV and we get more desperate.

USC could actually play some games and finally decide enough with their dead man walking.

UM donors probably reaching out to UM just to gauge interest.

Crazy year, the carousel could be slow and boring or it could throw all the riders.  NFL could play a role and there’s scenarios where dome job opens up, or hell, NFL jobs open up.

He’s a 5* recruit whose spot is reserved until he says no or goes somewhere else.   Speaking of recruiting, 2021 class is screwed, no matter what happens we aren’t putting the BBs back in the box.   Guys have moved on and are good with their decisions.   Not saying we can’t flip a couple back or flip a few new names, but this is a transition class thanks to THK5H.   Pushing signing day back helps some for guys who aren’t early enrolling, but it won’t fix this class.

The portal will have some good potential players in it this year, though for every 5* talent that enters, there are 1000 guys who couldn’t crack or got passed on their depth charts.  And scholarship limits still apply   

Edited by Treefidy

Interest is there but why agree now instead of wait to see who else reaches out and what comes available?   UT is one of the programs that he would consider but we aren’t alone.   The longer this goes, the more likely his leverage builds with many potential scenarios developing.  There’s very little downside for him to wait.
THK5H could implode, get a DUI, or do something incredible dumb on national TV and we get more desperate.
USC could actually play some games and finally decide enough with their dead man walking.
Crazy year, the carousel could be slow and boring or it could throw all the riders.  NFL could play a role and there’s scenarios where dome job opens up, or hell, NFL jobs open up.
He’s a 5* recruit whose spot is reserved until he says no or goes somewhere else.   Speaking of recruiting, 2021 class is screwed, no matter what happens we aren’t putting the BBs back in the box.   Guys have moved on and are good with their decisions.   Not saying we can’t flip a couple back or flip a few new names, but this is a transition class thanks to THK5H.   Pushing signing day back helps some for guys who aren’t early enrolling, but it won’t fix this class.
The portal will have some good potential players in it this year, though for every 5* talent that enters, there are 1000 guys who couldn’t crack or got passed on their depth charts.  And scholarship limits still apply   

He's not going to Michigan.
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Bigjohns97 said:

Dude is an OU troll BTW

Addressing this random Twitter person at all is pretty pathetic on my part, but I think in your post he's sarcastically assuming the tone of an OU fan in denial. Either way, not one of his tweets means a fucking thing.

And I'm sorry, but if you don't know what THK5H would mean, I can't trust you to be my Internet translation source. Just not up to the job

Edited by TommyGufano
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Addressing this random Twitter person at all is pretty pathetic on my part, but I think in your post he's sarcastically assuming the tone of an OU fan in denial. Either way, not one of his tweets means a fucking thing.

And I'm sorry, but if you don't know what THK5H would mean, I can't trust you to be my Internet translation source. Just not up to the job

I don't come around as much as I used to back in the shag days.

3 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Hmm ... that tweet seems rather unambiguous.

• Haha 1

The difference is with the early signing date, it’s imperative to get in and get going recruiting earlier than in the past.

9 hours ago, markstanco said:
10 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Read more  

He's not going to Michigan.

yeah, this is not rocket science.

he is 100% going to use Michigan to get more money from Fox (which he may be doing with Texas as well) but there is zero chance he goes to Michigan.

6 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Bowman left out the part where his girlfriend told him he had to go there.

Yeah I’m no fan of Tom or this staff but when you  decommitt because your girlfriend it’s only natural that he has to legitimize the move by sighting other reasons.  He’s not gonna just come out and admit that he’s whipped by dat pussy.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Yeah I’m no fan of Tom or this staff but when you  decommitt because your girlfriend it’s only natural that he has to legitimize the move by sighting other reasons.  He’s not gonna just come out and admit that he’s whipped by dat pussy.  

Don’t care makes Tom look like shit 

32 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Undefeated!

14 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It's funny because he wasn't alive the last time OU won a national title.

But he's been alive to see them win what, 11 Big 12 Championships? I know we like to shit on winning the Big 12 which seems to be our defense mechanism given we rarely ever win it. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

But he's been alive to see them win what, 11 Big 12 Championships? I know we like to shit on winning the Big 12 which seems to be our defense mechanism given we rarely ever win it. 

Yeah. I actually think something that is going to start hurting Texas unless we can turn this thing around is the fact that none of the kids we are recruiting remember the '05 season - and they probably barely remember '09. Texas has been shitty the entire time they've played football in their lives.

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Urban is happening...I feel it in my plums...everyone from the AD to the president to the BOR to the BMDS to the fans is aligned in who they want and what they want. Hell even the Texas paysites are saying the same thing. No one has said it wont happen and I really feel like there would have been some big time water poured on things by now if it wasnt, hell they are even fanning the flames IMO. Things are quiet and thats for a reason, CDC moves is moving in silence and his silence on twitter after two wins is deafening IMO....this shit is going to happen..it has to

black cat.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Throwing out 12/1 as a magical date when the buyout reduces leads me to call bullshit.  That's been pretty well disproven by now.  But I so want to believe.

I searched for a minute and I'm not finding clear discussion concerning a 12/1 date, but probably because I didn't try hard enough.  Where was this covered and definitively debunked?

I ask because I heard from someone (secondhand, but allegedly from a big knocker in Dallas) that 12/1 was the CTH axe date because there was some kind of payment reduction event that occurred then.  Curious, since this Larry guy is tweeting the same shit now.

3 minutes ago, hobbs said:

I searched for a minute and I'm not finding clear discussion concerning a 12/1 date, but probably because I didn't try hard enough.  Where was this covered and definitively debunked?

I ask because I heard from someone (secondhand, but allegedly from a big knocker in Dallas) that 12/1 was the CTH axe date because there was some kind of payment reduction event that occurred then.  Curious, since this Larry guy is tweeting the same shit now.

Keeps going around and round on this. From what I believe it doesnt matter as it is basically just a prorated amount of his guaranteed salary thats owed regardless of cut date

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Keeps going around and round on this. From what I believe it doesnt matter as it is basically just a prorated amount of his guaranteed salary thats owed regardless of cut date

So after the next loss.  That's all you had to say.  After the next loss.

Urban is happening...I feel it in my plums...everyone from the AD to the president to the BOR to the BMDS to the fans is aligned in who they want and what they want. Hell even the Texas paysites are saying the same thing. No one has said it wont happen and I really feel like there would have been some big time water poured on things by now if it wasnt, hell they are even fanning the flames IMO. Things are quiet and thats for a reason, CDC moves is moving in silence and his silence on twitter after two wins is deafening IMO....this shit is going to happen..it has to
I'm with you all the way up to it's happening.

What I believe is that we're aligned and our side will do everything we can to make it happen.

Ultimately the call is his whether Texas is where he wants to jump back into coaching. That's what I'm waiting to see.

It was a big hurdle for us to get our shit together and pursue correctly, which from what I've read I believe we did. That's big. But it's still his choice and he could still tell us no. I hope not, but until it's official it's a possibility.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas