Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

33 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

angry soap opera GIF by General Hospital

it's typical for someone who has no impact on play calling to have a play calling sheet in their hands on the sideline, right?

then again this is what one would expect when they think they are the smartest people in the room.

the offense so far has looked pretty much the same as it did before, without much of any of the concepts that Yurcich has had at his prior stops.

Edited by NoName

9 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Does it really matter who is calling the plays, when it's still Herman's offensive playbook.

Aaaaand this is the crux of the issue and why as soon as it was reported he wasn't interested in the air raid (not that I necessarily wanted Harrell, just an insight that Thomas wasn't giving up control and practically said as much.) I was done with Tom Herman. It didn't matter who he brought in. Same shit, different season. 

Edited by BigHorn'13
Cumsteen's on point, too.

4 hours ago, hobbs said:

I searched for a minute and I'm not finding clear discussion concerning a 12/1 date, but probably because I didn't try hard enough.  Where was this covered and definitively debunked?

I ask because I heard from someone (secondhand, but allegedly from a big knocker in Dallas) that 12/1 was the CTH axe date because there was some kind of payment reduction event that occurred then.  Curious, since this Larry guy is tweeting the same shit now.

Just tell Tom he has to take a mandatory 3 week vacation if the Dec 1st date is indeed reality.

4 hours ago, hobbs said:

I searched for a minute and I'm not finding clear discussion concerning a 12/1 date, but probably because I didn't try hard enough.  Where was this covered and definitively debunked?

I ask because I heard from someone (secondhand, but allegedly from a big knocker in Dallas) that 12/1 was the CTH axe date because there was some kind of payment reduction event that occurred then.  Curious, since this Larry guy is tweeting the same shit 

Edited by CfRhTxStBobcats

I'm wondering if any underclassmen that get significant playing time may not give 100% or 50% for that matter, if they believe UM is a strong possibility to be their coach next year. I think Bijan will be a star, but if he had to fumble late in the K state game to secure a loss and Urban hire, would he do it? I'm just using BR as an example because he is the underclassmen that could possibly control the outcome of a game. He seems like a good kid so I highly doubt he would do it but it's just a thought. BR, if you're reading this, DO IT!

• Fuck You 9

8 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

I'm wondering if any underclassmen that get significant playing time may not give 100% or 50% for that matter, if they believe UM is a strong possibility to be their coach next year. I think Bijan will be a star, but if he had to fumble late in the K state game to secure a loss and Urban hire, would he do it? I'm just using BR as an example because he is the underclassmen that could possibly control the outcome of a game. He seems like a good kid so I highly doubt he would do it but it's just a thought. BR, if you're reading this, DO IT!

Probably the most aggy thing I’ve ever seen on this board. Jesus Christ.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

I'll admit it does look a little aggyish, but far from the most aggy thing ever on this board. Lol

A little? Coming up with a conspiracy in which a player, recruited by Tom Herman, to commit a turnover in the hopes of getting the guy who recruited him and come 1,000 miles away from home, fired. That’s a little aggyish to you? Come on man.

23 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Obama What GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Negged

EABOD DIAF ETC

35 minutes ago, ztejas said:

They clearly do. I commented on this after Whitt's either latest or 2nd latest injury (they're hard to keep track of).

I commented this morning in the injuries thread why does this team have so many soft tissue/joint related injuries? Is it S&C, mismanagement of injuries, poor recovery? 

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I commented this morning in the injuries thread why does this team have so many soft tissue/joint related injuries? Is it S&C, mismanagement of injuries, poor recovery? 

Don't these two categories cover most types of football injuries? Also I'm not sure if the team has a lot if you take Whittington away.

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Don't these two categories cover most types of football injuries? Also I'm not sure if the team has a lot if you take Whittington away.

Jake Smith just got back. Ingram going to be out. Moore had been dealing with something. Roschon. 

It IS football, so... Also seems some of these come up during the week out of nowhere, or maybe I'm just being too harsh. 

Edited by UncleBuck

4 hours ago, Thiefery said:

Think CDC gave Tom is word about what he expects, and as soon as Tom doesn't deliver he's gone.  Doesn't mean that he is waiting for that to engage Urban.. he probably has a verbal agreement done as soon as Tom falls short..which he will because, he always does.

Don't know how these type of negotiations go down,  but why would CDC give Tom an out?  

I'm sure he reviews Tom after every season so just fire his ass if Urban is coming. 

What if Urban said yes and Tom wins out.  Would he stick with Tom? 

15 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I theorized practice was doing this a couple seasons ago and got mocked by the olds. What they didn't understand was I was talking balance in physicality. See also: best Sunday practice eva!!!

6 minutes ago, B00M said:

If Tom wins the B12 and wins, what, the Sugar Bowl? It won't happen but i don't see how you fire him if it does.

CDC has the EOT and recruiting falling apart + as far as I can tell no support from anyone. 

I just don't think you let Meyer get away if he will come.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Oh fuck off

1 hour ago, pearlandhorn said:

A little? Coming up with a conspiracy in which a player, recruited by Tom Herman, to commit a turnover in the hopes of getting the guy who recruited him and come 1,000 miles away from home, fired. That’s a little aggyish to you? Come on man.

If it comes down to possibly being just another obscure player that doesn't live up to his potential playing for TH, or a possible high draft pick playing for UM, I bet a lot of guys would consider it. I just chose BR as an example because he's actually gets to touch the ball. I wouldn't be surprised to see a player that moved 1000 miles from home to play for TH end up in the portal if the team continues to suck. Where's the loyalty to the coach when that shit happens?

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas