Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Not gunna say Db isn’t hearing that, I just hope CUM would have shot shit down by now, unless he’s leveraging more $ from Fox.

There is publicly nothing to shoot down though. No job opening. He may just wait until we shitcan Therm to say he’s not interested which would fucking suck ass. 

There is publicly nothing to shoot down though. No job opening. He may just wait until we shitcan Therm to say he’s not interested which would fucking suck ass. 

There’s absolutely plenty enough. The speculation has reached outside of just message boards. No concrete “I’m/he’s not interested.”

Generally these types of rumors don’t go this long. Someone gets an answer. He’s no doubt been asked about it by many media types and none of them have reported he is not interested.

I love this part where everyone starts pointing to

who is plugged in the most because of twitter followers and posters on here that says “look I know a guy who talked to a guy that had dinner at the table next to cdc and he over heard him saying we aren’t going after Urban”.. 

If we don’t hire Urban and cdc settles for a guy that doesn’t move the needle at all then in 4 years we will be back to a coaching search. If we are Texas then we aren’t looking for mid major guys we are poaching a big name or hiring Urban. CDC also doesn’t look like a guy that will leak any kind of information no matter how much you want to believe people that “know people”. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

who is plugged in the most because of twitter followers and posters on here that says “look I know a guy who talked to a guy that had dinner at the table next to cdc and he over heard him saying we aren’t going after Urban”.. 

If we don’t hire Urban and cdc settles for a guy that doesn’t move the needle at all then in 4 years we will be back to a coaching search. If we are Texas then we aren’t looking for mid major guys we are poaching a big name or hiring Urban. CDC also doesn’t look like a guy that will leak any kind of information no matter how much you want to believe people that “know people”. 

I personally think we should stop with the “move the needle” type hires and just go get a football coach. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

28 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

There’s absolutely plenty enough. The speculation has reached outside of just message boards. No concrete “I’m/he’s not interested.”

Generally these types of rumors don’t go this long. Someone gets an answer. He’s no doubt been asked about it by many media types and none of them have reported he is not interested.

Agreed. This isn’t over till it’s public. I don’t mean 995ers saying it, I mean on the ESPN ticker kind of public

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Dbeasy is generally pretty reliable and not one to just make shit up

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

We’re not Texas. That’s the joke....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Dbeasy is generally pretty reliable and not one to just make shit up

Maybe so and I didn’t say just him, he isn’t the only one that has said he’s heard things. No one knows shit. Kinda like all the $9.95ers that act like they are plugged in too. 

If we hire a real football coach he will

move the needle so that’s the point. Pretty sure Urban would move the needle and win a fuck ton of games here so he’s 1 and 1a, 1b and 1c for me.

Some dude from 24/7.  Not sure if real I just want it to be so yes

Update 11/28- last one and i will be MIA until more definite news. I would expect Texas to let Herman go on 12/2. Texas has not spoken to Urban. But people that matter have. The wants and needs are known. Still should take about 8/9 days to hammer out the Urban contract. I will say this with out going into details. He wants the job. We know this. Wife is on board, daughter is older and no longer a issue. As long as CDC dosent botch this it should be a glorious few weeks.

A name that was thrown around as a alternate was the Auburn coach. If he were to be let go, I think he would now be option B. Along with Dan Mullen.

Original Post - First one was around 730 this am. CDC day is going to be a long one. Money is not a hurdle 

Most want urban

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, closetohumping said:

Update 11/28- last one and i will be MIA until more definite news. I would expect Texas to let Herman go on 12/2. Texas has not spoken to Urban. But people that matter have. The wants and needs are known. Still should take about 8/9 days to hammer out the Urban contract. I will say this with out going into details. He wants the job. We know this. Wife is on board, daughter is older and no longer a issue. As long as CDC dosent botch this it should be a glorious few weeks.

A name that was thrown around as a alternate was the Auburn coach. If he were to be let go, I think he would now be option B. Along with Dan Mullen.

Original Post - First one was around 730 this am. CDC day is going to be a long one. Money is not a hurdle 

Most want urban

What????? Wait... I was told he doesn’t want the job and we aren’t gonna hire him? So confused.

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Most want urban

Ummmmm what Auburn coach? Not Malzahn I hope.......

11 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I just hope that before we make any hires we run it by the overweight woman with a small Twitter following, that puts Longhorns on her car, hosts a podcast I’ve never heard of, and donates a negligible amount to the University. 

If she’s not on board, I’m out. 

Her twitter tag reads 'Ministerin of Culture'. The culture that currently is based on failure to win in the sports that matter. If that's what she is trying to promote and hold on to, tell her to go root for aggy. Also, my feelings would not be hurt, if I never saw MM in another one of those stupid commercials. Winning should be only culture Bellmont cares about.

This whole culture crap is just part of the circus that has RB's from ISU talking shit about our football team. During Mack's golden years who was the minister of culture? Did Royal have a minister of culture? 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

CDC is four for four so far

Four for four? Let some of those coaches win a title before you say he’s hit grand slams. Let’s also wait for him to hire a football coach because ultimately that’s all that matters. No disrespect to women’s sports but yea I can care less.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

In most instances, I can see the argument for waiting until the end of the season to make a change.  BUT, this isn't one of those instances. Tom and his staff have done so much damage with recruiting, we need to fire and hire ASAP!  Urban needs to get on the phone and see if he change some minds and resurrect the 2021 and 2022 classes. There is 0 reason to wait. we don't owe Tom that, we don't owe him anything

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

Her twitter tag reads 'Ministerin of Culture'. The culture that currently is based on failure to win in the sports that matter. If that's what she is trying to promote and hold on to, tell her to go root for aggy. Also, my feelings would not be hurt, if I never saw MM in another one of those stupid commercials. Winning should be only culture Bellmont cares about.

This whole culture crap is just part of the circus that has RB's from ISU talking shit about our football team. During Mack's golden years who was the minister of culture? Did Royal have a minister of culture? 

I don’t think anyone should listen to the Longhorn version of a aggy who puts stickers all over her cars and wears 98 buttons on a duster and has longhorn tampons. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

In most instances, I can see the argument for waiting until the end of the season to make a change.  BUT, this isn't one of those instances. Tom and his staff have done so much damage with recruiting, we need to fire and hire ASAP!  Urban needs to get on the phone and see if he change some minds and resurrect the 2021 and 2022 classes. There is 0 reason to wait. we don't owe Tom that, we don't owe him anything

Well didn’t Nahlin say Urban is tied to Fox until Dec 19 anyway? And if Tom’s buyout really does drop in December, might as well wait till after Kansas.

1 minute ago, thepop said:

Well didn’t Nahlin say Urban is tied to Fox until Dec 19 anyway? And if Tom’s buyout really does drop in December, might as well wait till after Kansas.

Didn't know the date of the drop, is so, then OK, but if the guys paying don't give a  shit and are willing to spend a little more now, then I wouldn't stand in their way

4 minutes ago, thepop said:

No.  Drop the axe now so we are out in front of anybody else looking for a coach and because of the early signing period 

• Like 1

I just hope that before we make any hires we run it by the overweight woman with a small Twitter following, that puts Longhorns on her car, hosts a podcast I’ve never heard of, and donates a negligible amount to the University. 

If she’s not on board, I’m out. 

This. Plus she will be jocksniffing in like a mofo once he wins.

13 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

It’s hard to be disappointed when you expect the worst. I’m just preparing. 

I understand the sentiment completely. 
I am not knocking Fancy boots. Not my thing.  But boots were made for walking...

the thing is, a lot of people (if they are being honest) do not want a HC like Urban bc they will lose their access to the program. This isn’t mostly about some “moral” high ground. Yes, they want their access. We have been running our program like a banana republic for far too long. 

a lot of people my mom’s age etc...miss Mack the most because of access. Because of the dinners and the luncheons where they’d get a chance to go and see the HC or the players. They’d bitch about the games and bitch about Mack and Greg Davis and losing to OU but they had their “access” so to speak so it was all good. 

we bring in Urban or something damn similar and that will change. And that more than any “moral” stand they have about him is what matters. And that’s hypocrisy at its zenith. “I only care that I have my access, as piddly as it is, fuck what happens on the field and to the program as a whole.” 

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 6

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas