Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

• 2 weeks later...

These commercials for Sol Cerveza drive me fucking nuts, and they play it every.single.commercial break on channels like TNT, USA, etc. The singer, who sounds like she's 12 years old at the most, keeps saying something like "Riando riando riando" or whatever the fuck it is (I don't speak Spanish). I can't hit the mute button fast enough.

These commercials for Sol Cerveza drive me fucking nuts, and they play it every.single.commercial break on channels like TNT, USA, etc. The singer, who sounds like she's 12 years old at the most, keeps saying something like "Riando riando riando" or whatever the fuck it is (I don't speak Spanish). I can't hit the mute button fast enough.

The worst aspect of the Liberty Mutual ads is that they have someone complaining about only getting 3/4 of the cost of a new car when they crash theirs. Then the fine print admits that they offer full replacement coverage-but only if you opt for it (with a few more bucks up front).  I'm pretty sure most car insurer offer full replacement coverage if you pay for it.

• Like 1

The worst aspect of the Liberty Mutual ads is that they have someone complaining about only getting 3/4 of the cost of a new car when they crash theirs. Then the fine print admits that they offer full replacement coverage-but only if you opt for it (with a few more bucks up front).  I'm pretty sure most car insurer offer full replacement coverage if you pay for it.

What am I gonna do... drive 3/4 of a car?!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On 5/28/2018 at 12:40 AM, R2D2 said:

The only commercials that are in any way watchable are movie trailers. 

Every commercial should tell a story.

Speaking of which, I hate any commercial that starts out by saying, "This is a story about..." mailing packages; some kid with autism; or you, the incredible you.  Yes, the ad should tell a story, but you don't have to tell me that you're telling a story.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:56 AM, JukeJointJunkie said:

Lol, I thought about posting this one, but didn't know if others found it as annoying as I do.  The heinous music on this commercial gives me a better understanding of the plight of illegal aliens trying to get into this country obviously to seek asylum from the shit music being made south of the border.  #noracist.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

There's some relatively new "share a Coke" commercial where everyone shares a Coke with someone else,

Was watching TV last night and saw a commercial warning people about the risk of contracting Meningitis through transfer of saliva by sharing food and drinks.  Thanks a lot, Coca Cola!

23 minutes ago, bernorange said:

Was watching TV last night and saw a commercial warning people about the risk of contracting Meningitis through transfer of saliva by sharing food and drinks.  Thanks a lot, Coca Cola!

Coca-Cola probably owns the rights to the meningitis vaccine... 

7 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

too many clicks

Even more clicks. Endless clicks, like Olive Garden breadsticks, but less likely to give you bowel cancer. 

Apparently I fell for some flimflammery and tomfoolery. Still, I thought that the previous post was a pretty good distillation of Olive Garden commercials. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

It doesn't exactly qualify for the thread criteria, but it wasn't worth starting a new thread to mention it.  I actually enjoyed the old JG Wentworth commercials.  The jingle was entertaining.  WTF JG Wentworth?  Your new commercials suck ass and have ruined the jingle. 

On 6/18/2018 at 10:42 AM, Trey3216 said:

The VW World Cup commercials are a beatdown.  

"America, we know you aren't competing, but you should cheer for Belgium.  We have the biggest Electronic Music party"

Yes. Just rub it in our face that we're not in the tournament. However, I can handle the one with the hot Brazilian girl with all the trophies. I like the hot Brazilian girl with all the trophies. 

I don't understand the angle of these phone ads. entire national ad campaigns to buy $700 phones where the big sell is opening your phone with your face (my hand isn't easy enough?) and now asking google to open up my camera to take a selfie (again, not easy enough already?)? 

I don't understand the angle of these phone ads. entire national ad campaigns to buy $700 phones where the big sell is opening your phone with your face (my hand isn't easy enough?) and now asking google to open up my camera to take a selfie (again, not easy enough already?)? 
Is this is the spokesperson, i understand the angle:

e76e446650ca1afb2d6cec3a56d714f0.jpg

23 hours ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Apple Mac commercial...Listen up and I'll tell a story, About an artist growing old...

Kill me.

No shit. Apple has been on a real roll lately. First the "what's a computer?" bullshit, now they've found literally the worst singer in human history to sing in their ads. It's like they're playing a game to see how fucking awful they can make their ads and still get people to buy their shit.