Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

16 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

No, but it probably spelled the end for awesome Black Friday fight videos.....

Got to see 2 septuagenarians fight at Home Depot this morning.  One old guy kinda cut in front of another one in the self-checkout line.  2nd guy rams first guy with his cart almost knocking him over.  First guy then pushed back on 2nd guy’s cart and shoved him into a huge display knocking the dude and the display over.  They keep cussing at each other and start throwing shot at each other.  Naturally, the store workers have no idea what to do.   They both get kicked out, and were taking about hunting each other down in the parking lot.   Happy Holidays!! 2020 Style.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Rakutaaaaaan!

Another classic rock ripoff song that sucks. Rakutan is crap. They took over Ebates a few years ago and ruined it. I got a lot of cashback from Ebates, hundreds, easy and reliable and put it to good use. Rakutan honors less and less. I've made about 30 cents since they took over. They want to force you to install their shitty spying browser tab so they can steal your soul while the fuck you out of bonus points. Fuck them.

Edited by DougO

The "new Jake" from State Farm commercials suck. We get it you had 1 good commercial then took heat because it wasn't racially inclusive. You don't have to beat us over the head with an incessant series of bad woke do overs.

Edited by RPM

The "new Jake" from State Farm commercials suck. We get it you had 1 good commercial then took heat because it wasn't racially inclusive. You don't have to beat us over the head with an incessant series of bad woke do overs.

Being “woke”? Take it to the Cloak Room

The new Jake ads are horribad regardless of the actors’ race and sexual orientation.

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Alright, I'll bite. I know I'm going to regret asking this, but why are the new State Farm ads "an incessant series of bad woke do overs"?

I know this is gonna sound like a grumpy old man. 

but why in the holy fuck is there an ad for imported Irish butter being broadcast on almost every channel at least 1 time an hour?

I understand the concept of imported products that might have a known value as being better.... but its fucking Irish butter...  no one brags about Irish butter. 

On 11/26/2020 at 12:45 PM, RPM said:

Bugs me that they use a guy that's more yoked than the NFL players in the commercial with him.

On 11/26/2020 at 9:20 PM, AUS-97HORN said:

I know this is gonna sound like a grumpy old man. 

but why in the holy fuck is there an ad for imported Irish butter being broadcast on almost every channel at least 1 time an hour?

I understand the concept of imported products that might have a known value as being better.... but its fucking Irish butter...  no one brags about Irish butter. 

Irish butter is fucking awesome.

You should try it.

2 hours ago, Deamerxt said:

I don't like Anna Kendrick. Her head is way too big for her body, and something about it just irritates the hell out of me. She looks like a goddamn pez dispenser of herself.

And her voice is only barely more tolerable than the sound of balloon animals being created. 

9 hours ago, Deamerxt said:

I don't like Anna Kendrick. Her head is way too big for her body, and something about it just irritates the hell out of me. She looks like a goddamn pez dispenser of herself.

She looks like she enjoys lying on her back at the edge of the bed with her head slightly hanging off, if you know what I mean.   

I don't get why everyone gets so weepy eyes at that amazon ballerina commercial. Sure it's nice and sentimental and all Covid cuddly heart warming stuff and all. But it just doesn't elicit all the dust in the air eye watering I hear about whenever I see it. In fact, it's just kind of Meh...

About the only commercial that gets any emotion out of me is the Kohl's ad with the little girl and the older lady writing messages to each other through their windows. Probably because I have a huge soft spot for the olds.

2 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I've about had it with that self-satisfied motherfucker who drives his old Defender a mile a day around his tiny but apparently very densely packed island. 

Yes, this

And he needs to scoot that front seat back, because he's crammed up against that steering wheel, and looks like a pussy.

17 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

I don't get why everyone gets so weepy eyes at that amazon ballerina commercial. Sure it's nice and sentimental and all Covid cuddly heart warming stuff and all. But it just doesn't elicit all the dust in the air eye watering I hear about whenever I see it. In fact, it's just kind of Meh...

About the only commercial that gets any emotion out of me is the Kohl's ad with the little girl and the older lady writing messages to each other through their windows. Probably because I have a huge soft spot for the olds.

I like it because it's creative and sends a positive message.  I'm a teacher, so I probably see it through a slightly different lens.  Having gone through a long custody battle over my daughter, the Coke commercial gives me the feels as well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I've about had it with that self-satisfied motherfucker who drives his old Defender a mile a day around his tiny but apparently very densely packed island. 

It's only an Island if you look at it from the water.  Haven't paid too much attention to the commercial but the Island looks picturesque. 

Edited by Underdog

12 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I like it because it's creative and sends a positive message.  I'm a teacher, so I probably see it through a slightly different lens.  Having gone through a long custody battle over my daughter, the Coke commercial gives me the feels as well.

That coke commercial is sweet. I like it. Little kids and puppies are another weakness of mine when it comes to Christmas.

On 12/5/2020 at 1:09 PM, Underdog said:

Fucking Uber Eats had a good thing going with Hamill/Stewart, now they're cramming Simone and Whateverthefuckthatis down our throats. 

Yeah just saw it and came here to bitch about it. Horribad.

Hi, I'm Deamerxt, and my favorite thing about chikfila's nuggets are when they leave them in the fryer too long and they catch fire. Then flaming oil spills out all over the floor and the walls go up, followed by the kitchen, the registers, and the dining area. The parking lot gets all melty and the cars in it get crunchy. That always makes my day. I hope it can make yours too!

Edited by Deamerxt
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Deamerxt said:

Hi, I'm Deamerxt, and my favorite thing about chikfila's nuggets are when they leave them in the fryer too long and they catch fire. Then flaming oil spills out all over the floor and the walls go up, followed by the kitchen, the registers, and the dining area. The parking lot gets all melty and the cars in it get crunchy. That always makes my day. I hope it can make yours too!

image.gif.21356e2d8af399905cf7cd270d9fee05.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/18/2020 at 5:47 PM, HenryJames said:

spacer.png

On 12/5/2020 at 9:55 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

On 12/6/2020 at 12:36 AM, former alkie said:

Yes, this

And he needs to scoot that front seat back, because he's crammed up against that steering wheel, and looks like a pussy.

Welcome.