Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

I used to like Molly Shannon.   Or at least I didnt have a visceral reaction to seeing her face and listening to her voice.

This new fucking Lending Tree ad campaign has completely changed that opinion in 2-3 showings.

I really dont understand why in the holy fuck ad execs love to focus on the worst 3 accents in the history of America.

BawStun

ANY of the 5 Burroughs of New Yawk City

and anyone from the unholy state of New Jawsey

• Hook 'Em 1

Fuck all pharmaceutical product ads. If cigarette ads are taboo, these certainly should be. They are video pollution of the worst sort and impair the health of the viewer. If I need meds I’ll get an Rx. I’m sick of hearing all the disclaimer language. Shit, where’s my Xanax?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

Fuck all pharmaceutical product ads. If cigarette ads are taboo, these certainly should be. They are video pollution of the worst sort and impair the health of the viewer. If I need meds I’ll get an Rx. I’m sick of hearing all the disclaimer language. Shit, where’s my Xanax?

Why aren’t prescription drug ads illegal? Because these motherfucking drug companies have paid off every cocksucker in Congress. Same fucking reason weed is still federally illegal. Goddam Parliament of Whores the lot of them. At the very least, in clear language, prior to the disclaimer, the retail price of the drug should be announced, both by the narrator and every actor that speaks.

“Honey I’ve got toenail fungus!” “Have you tried Dickletts? It’s only $1200 per treatment!” Only $1200 but if I get a Pfizer face tattoo it’s only $900!”
  • Hook 'Em 2

A dear friend of mine suffers from various heart ailments and has lost immediate family to cancer. My friend literally has to mute these ads to endure network TV. Bumpuses! Sonsabitches!

And don’t get me started on fuckin Prevagen. Another friend, this one 80-plus and shut-in, with TV her only source of entertainment, felt that her memory was slipping. Saw Prevagen ads, thought, “Maybe it will help me.” Got an Rx and began taking Prevagen. Started having major hallucinations; saw scary creatures coming in her windows, appearing in and emerging from mirrors, climbing over furniture, all relentlessly coming after her. She fell trying to get away, ended up concussed with broken ribs, ER, long rehab, ultimately to reside in a piss poor assisted living barn. Bastages!

• Rage+1 1

On 8/6/2022 at 4:44 AM, Bama Llama said:

Insane 

FD988F11-ADAB-4784-A1FF-41785EECE48E.thumb.jpeg.2809f311180a22c5a6f71e4b2e3ea47e.jpeg

• Like 1

what in the holy fuck is going on with Camp Lejune?

I understand there was contamination on the base, but its 35+ years later since it was semi-resolved.

In the last 2 weeks I have seen at least no fewer than FOUR different lawyer ambulance chaser ads on national television begging folks who lived or worked at the base from the 50s to late 80s to call them. 

I have also seen targeted ads on google, youtube and even gotten a few junk emails mentioning this fucking possible settlement. 

The only lawyer I havent seen jumping on the bandwagon is our own stick-up-his-ass T J  H. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, slorch said:

Not really a ‘fuck this commercial’ post, but wholly furk did Jon Hamm hire Baker Mayfield or Pat Mahomes’ agent?  Dude is everywhere all of the sudden, not that it is a bad thing.

He's got a Fletch sequel coming out

“Down there care” with Cottonelle toilet paper.

Two coyly smiling young people on a couch, scooting closer, ready to shed clothing and probe each other’s genitals for the first time.

”Before we go any further, excuse me just for one sec… I need one final attempt to wipe the crust off of my filthy balloon knot before you go sniffing around back there.”

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

hey @WhatTheBuck- how do you figure that me shining a light on the lack of diversity among black women in advertising makes me a "blatant racist"? 

If anyone is racist its the people making these commercials that assume that only 1 type of black woman will be successful connecting with consumers.

Edited by Scary Stranger