Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

On 9/26/2022 at 12:47 PM, Eskimohorn said:

It was supposed to be obnoxious. They were spoofing use of young partiers to sell things.

Yep.  I love that commercial because it's just so absurd.  I especially love how they check all the boxes with the black girl and the asian guy.

I think I'm a weirdo but I think the girl wearing the orange jacket and bandana in the Chevy Bolt commercial is attractive:

Also, this is an observation.  But a lot of commercials have some sort of burglar in them.  Always white.  Big corporations are extra PC, not that there's anythign wrong with it.

56 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I think I'm a weirdo but I think the girl wearing the orange jacket and bandana in the Chevy Bolt commercial is attractive:

Also, this is an observation.  But a lot of commercials have some sort of burglar in them.  Always white.  Big corporations are extra PC, not that there's anythign wrong with it.

The thing I get from that commercial is that there ain't no way those actual people in that actual commercial would ever sing along with that song without being paid for it.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 10/2/2022 at 9:24 PM, DougO said:

The thing I get from that commercial is that there ain't no way those actual people in that actual commercial would ever sing along with that song without being paid for it.

I love Fleetwood Mac. I'm an old white guy so I belong in this commercial. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

The new Call of Duty commercial (also featuring Pete "Butthole-eyes" Davidson) needs to fuck right off back to hell immediately. 

Seriously!! I’m sitting here with my kids and we’re all looking at each other saying “I can’t understand a word of what any of them are saying”.

17 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i'm getting pretty goddamn sick of these "bright, attractive, ambitious, young person wants to join the navy but mom and dad don't approve" commercials. 

As someone who forced my only son into the army on pain of homelessness or (even worse) moving in with his hardass English Uncle Darren over in his moms very shitty hometown in the UK, I laugh my ass off at those ads.

(This was one of the best decisions we ever made. The kid is out now, full of swag, and kicking ass in every direction. Those parents are morons and/or the worst kind of helicopter parents. I could see that being an issue today.) 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Best decision my son made was going in the Air Force at 17 two weeks out of high school. By 19 he was a crew chief for a B52. They taught him accountability and responsibility while shit for brains high school friends were smoking meth, knocking up the wrong girls, and working at Taco Bell. He was sent to some killer management courses. Got his BA and 6 hours left on his masters. He’s now 42, a civilian with the usaf, and doing great.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

ad execs' idea of a game watch party:

56EF3AFB-2147-4297-AC6B-A30761448196.jpeg

The folks who advertise during sporting events, especially football have a warped idea of what football fans look like.  They’re half women who are intense to the point of ‘roid rage and they all face paint.  I’m sure it’s happened theoretically, but no one’s ever seen it IRL.  (Other than Hell Raisers and other organized spirit groups).