Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

On 10/20/2022 at 5:34 PM, Hate said:

Can Black Adam please hurry up and get to theaters so I don’t have to see that stupid fucking commercial anymore??

I thought for sure there would be Black Adam memes with pictures of a Edgar Winters or Jackie Rodgers Jr.  

Internet trolls letting me down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

that one and the stupid singing in the car one come on back to back during football games and it makes me want to go postal. 

Are you talking about the shitty Fleetwood Mac song ad? If so that one is definitely starting to wear down on my empathy for other human beings. 

how about this ad where the guy imagines what his life would be like without his USAA insurance, and what he comes up with in this scenario is a world where he's playing charades, only he doesn't know the rules to charades, and they have to be explained to him by another guy playing the game...in his own imagination...where he obviously knows the rules to charades. just a brilliant premise all around. 

8 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

how about this ad where the guy imagines what his life would be like without his USAA insurance, and what he comes up with in this scenario is a world where he's playing charades, only he doesn't know the rules to charades, and they have to be explained to him by another guy playing the game...in his own imagination...where he obviously knows the rules to charades. just a brilliant premise all around. 

dog on USAA all you want... but you fucked up and mixed up the company doing the ad. You are describing the Navy Credit Union ad here.

On 10/30/2022 at 8:10 PM, ztejas said:

Are you talking about the shitty Fleetwood Mac song ad? If so that one is definitely starting to wear down on my empathy for other human beings. 

The more I see this fucking ad the more I realize that every single motherfucking person, old, yound, male, female has an extremely punchable mug just because they are in the commercial

22 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

To be fair, a lot of their customers are Marines.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RPM said:

To be fair, a lot of their customers are Marines.

Contrast between ads for the Army and Marines are hilarious. Army is selll itself as adult summer camp — they depict soldiers shooting pool in a dive bar talking smack, sitting around a campfire, etc. Marine ads? KILL KILL KILL. Not quite like the post-911 one with the Marine SuperPowerMorphing into the Knight in Shining Armor and literally slaying a dragon, but similar overall message 

Dumbass Reggie Bush Wendy’s breakfast ad. 

First, it’s Reggie Bush. 

Second, it makes my brain hurt. Reggie congratulates the kid for the presumed value of the breakfast deal, as if this zit-faced kid is making C-suite decisions. And then he says “and they redshirted you!” As if getting shirted is akin to making the All American squad.

That idiocy is bolstered twice, first when the kid says “It’s just a work shirt,” and then again when Reggie says “Way to stay humble, kid.”

See? It’s just literally so stupid you can’t wrap your ahead around it. What the fuckety fuck are they even trying to say there? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

First, it’s Reggie Bush. 

Second, it makes my brain hurt. Reggie congratulates the kid for the presumed value of the breakfast deal, as if this zit-faced kid is making C-suite decisions. And then he says “and they redshirted you!” As if getting shirted is akin to making the All American squad.

That idiocy is bolstered twice, first when the kid says “It’s just a work shirt,” and then again when Reggie says “Way to stay humble, kid.”

See? It’s just literally so stupid you can’t wrap your ahead around it. What the fuckety fuck are they even trying to say there? 

its Wendy's (619) way of showing his love to the people back home

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

First, it’s Reggie Bush. 

Yet it’s a veritable Monty Python skit compared to any State Farm commercial ever made 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

i hate walmart commercials. they show a bunch of different happy, healthy families of all different races, merrily coming home with their fucking brown paper bags with vegetables and baguettes sticking out, sitting around a family dinner table and smiling and laughing while eating fresh, healthy food. ie, the literally opposite of everything that walmart actually is. walmarts are flutescent, soul sucking tombs that feel about as merry as a prison yard. the employees all look/act like they want to kill themselves and/or everyone around them, and 95% of the food in there is cheap, mass produced, fattening, sugary crap. i hate the times when i have to go into that blood soaked, nightmarish hellscape whenever i need something that heb doesn't have. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i hate walmart commercials. they show a bunch of different happy, healthy families of all different races, merrily coming home with their fucking brown paper bags with vegetables and baguettes sticking out, sitting around a family dinner table and smiling and laughing while eating fresh, healthy food. ie, the literally opposite of everything that walmart actually is. walmarts are flutescent, soul sucking tombs that feel about as merry as a prison yard. the employees all look/act like they want to kill themselves and/or everyone around them, and 95% of the food in there is cheap, mass produced, fattening, sugary crap. i hate the times when i have to go into that blood soaked, nightmarish hellscape whenever i need something that heb doesn't have. 

So, you don’t really like Walmart?

Derka: I feel sorry for you

Walmart: I dont think about you at all
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

So, you don’t really like Walmart?

Though I’m not really a fan of even the newest and biggest Walmarts, tge stores themselves are not inherently depressing, and the clientele varies with the locations — there’s a pretty wide gulf between the old, dingy, and cramped Walmart in West Columbia and the spacious new one in the Houston Heights. Even so they both fall in the “Things that I Don’t Enjoy” box. 

• Hook 'Em 1