Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

The padlocks on the trash cans is a nice touch in the latest installment of becoming your parents. 

I was driving my coworkers in San Antonio, where I grew up, and found myself talking like a tour guide explaining all the landmarks and museums. Im my fucking parents. That commercial hits close to home.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I had just gotten around to eating my first Whopper since my West Campus, .99 cent Whopper days.  I can't possibly fathom spending another cent there until this run of ads is over.

Freshman year at Pitt, the Burger King one block away from our dorms had a weekend deal with 3 cheeseburgers for $1. I think I ate 33 cheeseburgers that weekend. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I think an interesting Twitter/Blog/YouTube channel would be a breakdown of the cost of houses used in commercials -- especially for automobile commercial.

Seriously, seems like every house I see in a commercial is $5 million+

I was also super partial to the Lexus December Commercials from like 10 years ago where the 16 year old girl would go outside her double-entry front door house running to the dual curved driveway where there is a quadruple-door garage and a $90k Lexus with a bow sitting in the snow just for her

thats almost the perfect exhibition of  opulence, I has it. 

88d747d3af2151ba95711986784ddfee_md.jpg 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 9:47 AM, FirstTimeCaller said:

I think an interesting Twitter/Blog/YouTube channel would be a breakdown of the cost of houses used in commercials -- especially for automobile commercial.

Seriously, seems like every house I see in a commercial is $5 million+

And then drive off in their C Class... Really?

On 1/3/2023 at 6:41 PM, Gatorubet said:

voiceover dude talkin’ ‘bout “C-Class” and imma watching thinking “dat azz!”

No way in hell she would have gotten me in any car acting that way -- it is so obvious she is begging for a dickin' right then and there. I'm throwing her over my shoulder, carrying her upstairs and tossing her on the bed. Once we got that out of the way we could go to dinner and I'd even let her drive. 

62543261_362016681122169_2676517992232936001_n.jpg

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

8 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

Fuck that fatch running through the crowd like she owns the place recording some shitty ass footrace. I would have tripped that elephant in that puddle of mud and water and hoped her iphone gazillion (or whatever model they're on now) fell in with her.

There’s no way there’s a crowd that big for a janky 8 kid race. No track, and clearly no school sponsored competition. Like a 40 yd dash on grass? And how fast can the kid be running if his mom can keep up while running sideways?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Longhornstampede said:

Fuck that fatch running through the crowd like she owns the place recording some shitty ass footrace. I would have tripped that elephant in that puddle of mud and water and hoped her iphone gazillion (or whatever model they're on now) fell in with her.

It's pretty clear over and over that no one in advertising has ever attended any sort of footrace in their lives, nor have they ever actually run any distance theselves.  The one that currently pisses me off the most is the one with the girls who have apparently finished off an extremely long run and are near death until being revived by  Michelob Ultra.

This woman's skin is faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr too white  for her to have been engaged in any form of strenuous exercise.  

image.thumb.png.fcb75de61a556d600d92d9d3cd397db1.png

• Hook 'Em 2

It's pretty clear over and over that no one in advertising has ever attended any sort of footrace in their lives, nor have they ever actually run any distance theselves.  The one that currently pisses me off the most is the one with the girls who have apparently finished off an extremely long run and are near death until being revived by  Michelob Ultra.
This woman's skin is faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr too white  for her to have been engaged in any form of strenuous exercise.  
image.thumb.png.fcb75de61a556d600d92d9d3cd397db1.png

They are about have some strenuous scissoring exercise.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Do people really want a beer after strenuous exercise? I mean, mowing the lawn, sure. But do people down beers after running a marathon?

First thing handed to me when I crossed the finish line for my marathon was a beer by event organizers. Best beer I've ever had in my life. This was Chicago so ymmv.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Do people really want a beer after strenuous exercise? I mean, mowing the lawn, sure. But do people down beers after running a marathon?

Hell yeah, that free Saint Arnold tasted great after I finished mine on Sunday. 

On 1/13/2023 at 9:05 AM, Jameslaw121 said:

The other day at work, we had about 10-12 people in out lobby - probably 20' by 30' room, but the cleaning crew was trying to finish vacuuming. I was trying to get people out of their way when one of my customers looked at me and said "You finish what you need. I got this."

Then he turns around to the people and says "Folks, This line is a shambles. Let's tuck it in."

I fucking lost it. He and I were the only ones who got the joke....

Oh man. The line thing hits home for me too. I think covid fucked everyone up. But being the last person in a line of 3 should not leave me 30 feet from the register. We don't need a world of space between each person. This happens a lot at gas stations.

Edited by Pam Cummings

This seems crazy, on the Whopper song. 

Burger King CEO Jose Cil reveals that he gave legendary film composer Hans Zimmer 13% control of the company as payment for their new ‘WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER’ jingle “It was worth every penny”

wtf?  13 percent of Burger King for one jingle.  

Edited by Hook1997

11 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

This seems crazy, on the Whopper song. 

Burger King CEO Jose Cil reveals that he gave legendary film composer Hans Zimmer 13% control of the company as payment for their new ‘WHOPPER WHOPPER WHOPPER’ jingle “It was worth every penny”

wtf?  13 percent of Burger King for one jingle.  

I mean seriously, is 13% of Burger King really worth all that much?

• Hook 'Em 1