Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

With regards to the HIV and prep meds commercials I’ve noticed that in a time when advertisers go out of their ways to make the cast diverse to the point it’s silly, those HIV med commercials don’t mind relying on stereotypes.  If you are a gay black or Latino man, this medication is for YOU!!

At least they always get to make out at the end of the commercial. Always.

3 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Of course it is. But that still doesn't make sense. Do that shit in the Bahamas, not Ft. Worth. And don't drag me into it. 

The Lockheed/Martin Bahamas Bowl might raise a few red flags.

• 2 weeks later...

I get annoyed by the commercial where you think the dad is dropping his 19 year old daughter off at college (only after off roading through Zion National) only to find out she's dropping him off at his dorm to experience college. How the fuck does that work? Where do I sign up? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

The Little Caesars thin crust commercial skipping slices at the lake ----- I like that one. Made me laugh. 

I don't know if LC was National when I was a wee tyke but they've always had some pretty good commercials. The origami pterodactyl is an all-timer for me. 

• Haha 1

How in the world is Jack in the Box still in business? Bad food and horrible service. 

You have to know what to get. The egg rolls are an excellent fast food snack. The cheap tacos have a certain addictability. The sourdough Jack is a decent burger if you have a hood franchise. A lot of the other stuff is garbage.
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I’ll go to Jack in the Box for tacos, egg rolls, and onion rings.  100x better than anything Taco Bell has.

Spoken like someone who has never had Cinnamon Twists dipped in Reduced-fat sour cream mixed with Diablo sauce. 

• Like 1
  • Drool 2

On 6/15/2023 at 4:26 PM, Brandywine said:

How in the world is Jack in the Box still in business? Bad food and horrible service. 

Back when I was in HS there was a rumor going around that JITB got busted using kangaroo meat. We made several road trips to the one in Denton and never were able to score a Rooburger. Marketing genius.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/15/2023 at 11:58 AM, Dennis Taylor said:

Ok the new JITB commercial with Snoop made me die laughing at the "What up Miatch" line

People really like this shit?

I guess they know their audience. They did once have some of the best commercials. The Snoop one is full regard.

Haven't been to Jack in ages, but it is definitely far more useful than McD's or BK, Wendy's etc..., if only for the 2AM drive back home tacos.

16 minutes ago, DougO said:

People really like this shit?

I guess they know their audience. They did once have some of the best commercials. The Snoop one is full regard.

Haven't been to Jack in ages, but it is definitely far more useful than McD's or BK, Wendy's etc..., if only for the 2AM drive back home tacos.

Are you a really old, like over 55? Or an accountant or something? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2023 at 8:21 AM, RPM said:

Back when I was in HS there was a rumor going around that JITB got busted using kangaroo meat. We made several road trips to the one in Denton and never were able to score a Rooburger. Marketing genius.

In my neck of the woods, it was rat meat.  I distinctly recall a friend of mine daring enough to try to order a rat meat hamburger at the location in Richardson.

the capital one radio ads...

Monotone Narrator: choosing capital one is easier than choosing Slash for your band

Monotone Band Chick: "next up on guitar" 

*Slash plays a relatively easy guitar riff

Monotone Band Chick: "you're in" 

Slash: "cool" 

Monotone Narrator: "yep it's that easy" 

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1