Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

On 12/30/2018 at 12:10 AM, elfenix said:

I thought they used the same actor to play both roles, turns out one was a set of twins and the others were strong resemblances.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Discover/status/1074844560596054018

It's so fucking stupid though!!! You want people to visualize your motto??

Then USE THE SAME FUCKING ACTOR!! Technology exists today where you can - get this - film two scenes separately! And then ... Wait for it..... Pay some kind of video editing whiz kid to "splice" them together!!! And the best part is you only have to pay one actor!! 

But why do that when the can play some kind of stupid guessing game with viewers who only care enough to get annoyed by your puzzling strategy.

Oh and for the record, I've been hating on these ads since they've been running...I consistently mute the cash back cash match people one... And I had to hit Google to see what company was running the ad before posting in this thread. So whatever residual attention they think they are garnering for their dumbass tactic isn't really working.

Holy shit, where's the Tylenol?

Edited by Baboontyme

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed that couples in car ads (for example, the GMC one where he buys a truck and SUV), are always like 30 and live in $4 million houses. Not to mention spending tens of thousands on Christmas gifts. Are they drug lords? Rockefeller descendants? And then occasionally they have 12 year old children that I guess they had at age 17, which is totally something that super rich people do.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, tokamak said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's noticed that couples in car ads (for example, the GMC one where he buys a truck and SUV), are always like 30 and live in $4 million houses. Not to mention spending tens of thousands on Christmas gifts. Are they drug lords? Rockefeller descendants? And then occasionally they have 12 year old children that I guess they had at age 17, which is totally something that super rich people do.

arranged marriages set up by your lord father are a bitch.

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

The Maria Taylor commercial for Mercedes with Nick Saban who obviously would rather be doing anything than filming a commercial. Taylor has the worst chemistry of anybody I've ever seen with everyone she ever talks to.

True

14 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

But she's hot as fuck. 

Also true

do you even need to see this commercial to know how completely fucking stupid it is? jesus, talk about shoving your PC-ness down my throat.

0c6c42975308762fa8a78bfbf96a4f7c.jpg

they're all standing behind her like she's the team captain and shit. jesus. almost nothing offends me more than political correctness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

do you even need to see this commercial to know how completely fucking stupid it is? jesus, talk about shoving your PC-ness down my throat.

they're all standing behind her like she's the team captain and shit. jesus. almost nothing offends me more than political correctness.

so you must love the one about the "OK" babysitter  

"Na na na na na na na na, hey, hey, goodbye"

Terrible commercial made worse by the fact that I saw it ten times today while watching football.

This!

Played it 4 times in the first half of the Colts game yesterday.

We are talking about the terrible GMC tailgate commercial right?

oh and for those fortunate ones who've never seen the OK babysitter commercial, it's a multiracial gay couple with an ethnic, hipster babysitter. it's too much.

also, although i do agree with those here who like some of those ads ("stay in your lane bro" is the best), i will point out that most of those don't depict things that merely okay, but completely inept and/or useless. 

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

oh and for those fortunate ones who've never seen the OK babysitter commercial, it's a multiracial gay couple with an ethnic, hipster babysitter. it's too much.

also, although i do agree with those here who like some of those ads ("stay in your lane bro" is the best), i will point out that most of those don't depict things that merely okay, but completely inept and/or useless. 

I also like the brake shop version.

If the brakes don’t stop you, something will.

pan pan pan pan!

23 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

basic white girls are ethnic?

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Bullshit. The 1-800-COLLECT reboot is great. 

Frank-hadababy-It’saboy

can do without the caveman throwback though 

it was funny 20 years ago. But it hasnt aged well. Anyone under the age of 30 really doesnt get that commercial at all. They never had to make a collect call.  So they dont understand the context of telling the operator who is calling collect. 

Two single dads leaving their kids with a young woman with a pixie cut. Don’t see what the problem is.

I think your social commentary is just OK. You’re one of the posters on Surly.

On 1/6/2019 at 5:21 PM, Goo Punch said:

Not a damn thing wrong with a gay dude like the one on the right playing tight end.

15 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Fuck Geico for running overplayed commercials from years ago. Ugh. It was bad enough to see them 1000 times the first time around. 

the pig screaming in the car makes me want to murder whoever thought that up. That is so annoying I want that van to just have a flat go out of control roll over and burn everyone alive in it slowly. 

So it could be two gays of the same race, or a multi racial straight couple, but both is too much?

33 minutes ago, 'stache said:

So it could be two gays of the same race, or a multi racial straight couple, but both is too much?

dude, it's not the commercial characters themselves that bother me, it's the people who make these commercials going so over-the-top with the "diversity" that it becomes a joke. That particular commercial isn't close to being the worst offender, but some of the ones out there today are borderline parody with the amount of "diversity" and "inclusion" that they bash you over the head with. see: the aforementioned commercial with the diverse group of children cheering on the disabled kid. 

oh, how about the one where the soldier comes home and his kid brother has built 37 snowmen along his path home, all saluting the returning hero. jesus fucking tap dancing christ, go fuck yourself in the face with a rusty spoon you fucking jerkoff (directed towards the ad geniuses who came up with the commercial). i don't hate soldiers, i hate that faggy retarded commercial for shoving its PC-ness down my throat (pause, again).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

oh, how about the one where the soldier comes home and his kid brother has built 37 snowmen along his path home, all saluting the returning hero. jesus fucking tap dancing christ, go fuck yourself in the face with a rusty spoon you fucking jerkoff (directed towards the ad geniuses who came up with the commercial). i don't hate soldiers, i hate that faggy retarded commercial for shoving its PC-ness down my throat (pause, again).

I don't disagree that the PC is overdone.  Part of me thinks it's a phase.  It's a changing of the times and companies think that they have to show how progressive they are lest they be chastised on Twitter for having a buncha thin, pretty, white, heterosexual folks pushing their products.   

I simply hate commercials.  I understand their need/purpose, but I hate someone trying to convince me to buy something especially when their MO is hackneyed, emotional  manipulation.  The old ATT commercials where someone calls someone else and they're so happy a tear rolls down the face.  GO FUCK YOURSELF.  For every phone call you've ever had like that, you've literally had 10 thousand calls where some asshole is trying to sell you siding or phone calls of more utilitarian purpose like waiting on hold for 3 hours for Time Warner cable customer service.  That's the reality of a landline.  Show that.

I'll take the honestly and straightforwardness of a Mattress Mack commercial 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 3

I’ve been annoyed with the Northwestern Mutual commercials shown during bowl season- specifically, the ones with the bratty kids. The one that pisses me off most is the teen-age daughter busting her dad’s balls for not taking her to a friend’s house while he’s mowing the yard so he decides to buy her a pool. Then there’s the family who takes their daughter to Hawaii but the little bitch is bored the whole time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1