Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Prepuce of Doom

This sticker (apparently from www.buttholestickers.com) adorned the bollard protecting the drive through window at my local BK for almost a year before being taken down. 

800857960_71363(1).thumb.jpeg.3a836574a89e7c01d006a35ef4612b7c.jpeg

I've given serious thought to making a purchase and replacing it. 

Edit: I understand that this likely will be an unpopular opinion, but a cold bacon double cheeseburger from BK goes very well with a black coffee for breakfast. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Haha 1

On 12/5/2022 at 9:41 PM, GoPokes83 said:

0f2ec5961ad6dd2280090f2f1e5c4b47.jpg
This one’s been running for several years now during the holidays. Has GMC not changed the look of their trucks in all these years?

I think they’re running this again this year because there was such a ruckus on social media last year about the stupidity of it but people were talking about it. No such thing as bad publicity.

I also can’t stand the coke commercial with the guy making his dead grandma’s recipe. I wouldn’t trust a dude who’s got a giant portrait of his grandma featured prominently in his dining room. Gives me Norman Bates vibes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I think they’re running this again this year because there was such a ruckus on social media last year about the stupidity of it but people were talking about it. No such thing as bad publicity.
I also can’t stand the coke commercial with the guy making his dead grandma’s recipe. I wouldn’t trust a dude who’s got a giant portrait of his grandma featured prominently in his dining room. Gives me Norman Bates vibes.

Abuelita looks like she’s very disapproving of his shitty cooking.

Olivia Dunn, the hot LSU NIL millionaire gymnast has a commercial out for something called Vuori. Best I can figure out it’s some type of sweatpants you can jump around in. She’s much better looking than sounding. They have a caption during the ad that says the pants are made from 100% recycled materials, while she’s saying that the best part of the pants are that they’re made from sustainable materials. Are those the same thing?

I fucking love Whoppers. Have since I was like 12. Those that don't know the value of ketchup and mayo together are a bunch of weirdos. 

However.... BK does everything else wrong. Their ads sucks. Their service sucks. Their locations suck - every fucking BK is on the shitty side of the highway or whatever. They have tried and tried and tried to get chicken right, but they fuck it up every time. .... so HOW IN THE FUCK are they still like the #2 ff burger place around? It baffles me. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bernorange said:

What the fucking fuck is the trend with commercials featuring monologues from random people in front of a plain black background with soft but serious background music?  Which is worse - Sewel or Jared commercials?  I can't hit the remote fast enough when that shit comes on.

There was a commercial for a jewelry store, Jared I think, that ran on/off for a couple of years.  A young couple was sitting together and she described health problems that she had to the point that she wasn’t able to walk.  The point was that he was so dedicated to her and he helped get better again.   
- so why did she get the jewelry and not him?  

I watch a lot of free streaming stuff of Pluto and Xumo.  Sweater god, 2 of every 3 commercials they run is for shingles.  Always some naked person’s back and they are hunched over or arching their back as if in pain.  Fuck off shingles vaccine manufacturers.  Shingles sucks. We get it.  

Speaking of car commercials, hate the Volvo commercial where some chick continually yells “right here, right now!”  Had to look it up, I guess it’s a Fatboy Slim song.  I guess if you know the song it makes sense but if you don’t know the song the commercial seems kinda stupid.  I guess Volvo thinks Volvo drivers are hip enough that they celebrate Fatboy Slim’s entire catalog but I’m not sure they’re right.  

20 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Speaking of car commercials, hate the Volvo commercial where some chick continually yells “right here, right now!”  Had to look it up, I guess it’s a Fatboy Slim song.  I guess if you know the song it makes sense but if you don’t know the song the commercial seems kinda stupid.  I guess Volvo thinks Volvo drivers are hip enough that they celebrate Fatboy Slim’s entire catalog but I’m not sure they’re right.  

That line was pulled from a movie called Strange Days and that's actually Angela Bassett saying the Right Here Right Now line.

• Hook 'Em 1

Not a commercial but a movie trailer...  Who's marketing department thought the target audience for "80 for Brady" was the Sunday NFL crowd?   I realize the movie is about football and the Super Bowl but seriously?   They think that that the average NFL fan is going to watch that dreck?

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/17/2022 at 10:51 PM, NorthLoop said:

I fucking love Whoppers. Have since I was like 12. Those that don't know the value of ketchup and mayo together are a bunch of weirdos. 

However.... BK does everything else wrong. Their ads sucks. Their service sucks. Their locations suck - every fucking BK is on the shitty side of the highway or whatever. They have tried and tried and tried to get chicken right, but they fuck it up every time. .... so HOW IN THE FUCK are they still like the #2 ff burger place around? It baffles me. 

$2 Whoppers at BK in Dobie kept me fed through college.

Who had the bright idea to advertise to girls during bowl games about needing to poop and having a smelly crotch? The first time I saw it, I thought that maybe it was a mistake but it was on ALL FUCKING WEEK and now I just saw it on ESPN during the middle of the day on a Tuesday. Who the fuck do they think are seeing these ads and how much of these girl supplements do they think they'll sell to this audience on ESPN DURING THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY ON A TUESDAY.