Why did we bury Jerrod Heard alive?

MichaelUngar#1fan

I think I would rather try out one of those Freshmen than put in a senior WR. I apologize if that makes me an idiotic simpleton. But I am just a guy who watches football, I lack your brilliance. Why aren't you coaching someplace?

It seems like people around here like to compare the current QBs last game vs some other QBs best game. Yes I would rather have had Heard put up Cal like numbers in all the games he started. 

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

How is this even possible, much worse true. I mean it is true.. but how.

It defies explanation save, perhaps, he was taught in HS how to do so.

That is the only logical conclusion one can come to. Yeah, logical in a vacuum where he was better coached in HS than in College.

Fuck... That's just.. fuck 

Well to be fair he has had about twenty coaches in College and probably only had one in HS. So that is not terribly surprising.

Edited by Valmy77

I think I would rather try out one of those Freshmen than put in a senior WR. I apologize if that makes me an idiotic simpleton. But I am just a guy who watches football, I lack your brilliance. Why aren't you coaching someplace?
It seems like people around here like to compare the current QBs last game vs some other QBs best game. Yes I would rather have had Heard put up Cal like numbers in all the games he started. 

If that was the case, Charlie Strong would still be here.

6 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Was Heard a big project guy coming out of HS?  What about Ehlinger?  It's just strange that of all the QBs this state produces each year we have gravitated to the ones that can't even throw it 10 yards on target.

I've wondered for years now how we wind up in that situation.  Poor assessment/evaluation of talent/skills?  Poor coaching at level?   Skill sets not matching offensive schemes in college?  Damn, I'm pissed all over again.

17 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Was Heard a big project guy coming out of HS?  What about Ehlinger?  It's just strange that of all the QBs this state produces each year we have gravitated to the ones that can't even throw it 10 yards on target.

yes, he was a pretty notable guy and the gem of the horrific transition class between mack and strong.  he single-handedly won a couple of state championships at denton guyer and i personally was a pretty big fan.  he flashed against cal and then just kind of disappeared after ou despite us winning the game.

he never got an opportunity to try and develop his passing skills because he was immediately moved to wr despite having a bit of "it" factor.  by no means the largest tragedy of texas football but i would have liked to have seen what would have happened with a bit more patience and no shawn watson.

12 minutes ago, sidis said:

yes, he was a pretty notable guy and the gem of the horrific transition class between mack and strong.  he single-handedly won a couple of state championships at denton guyer and i personally was a pretty big fan.  he flashed against cal and then just kind of disappeared after ou despite us winning the game.

he never got an opportunity to try and develop his passing skills because he was immediately moved to wr despite having a bit of "it" factor.  by no means the largest tragedy of texas football but i would have liked to have seen what would have happened with a bit more patience and no shawn watson.

He was a horrible fit for Gilbert's offense and would have been buried and recruited over regardless..... He was never going to be the answer at QB here, so the search continues.

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

A couple of people on the old board a year or two back were longing for that Gentry kid from NM who decommitted and went to Michigan, where he was moved to TE, buried on the depth chart, and then quit football. This thread is like a lite version of those posts. 

Fake news.