Colonoscopy

Sbbruin

26 minutes ago, Horn_Spanker said:

Had my first in June.  Weird shitting green Gatorade.

Reading the report was cool, evidently they cram the hose up you first and then view the camera as they pull it out.  Report says only six minutes.

For some reason, I think this stuff will get turned into some kind of reality game one of these days....

They're running out of plots...

Golytely. Username does not check out.

I'm 57 and I've had 4 in 10 years. They found a dozen polyps and some Diverticulitis on the first one. The rest were follow-up. Nothing malignant, but I do fart a lot. 

Edited by RPM

Haven’t had one. Im 40 and the prospect of getting one of these is terrifying. You’d have thought medical science would have progressed to the point where this procedure was only necessary after some other, less invasive, screening method indicated a need.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

My doctor hasn't mentioned this yet. I'll be 44 at my next physical. How old are you guys who've had this done?

You're in luck!  Colon cancer screening guidelines just reduced the screening age from 50 to 45.  But it's probably good to have it done.  I did - cancer.

10 hours ago, Dewey said:

Made my lawyer watch, cant trust doctors these days and I can trust lawyers either, so I handcuffed my lawyer to myself. They found the key durning the peak inside. Lol. You know about the ice cube trick?

So, that's how it is with your Doc?

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

I went straight from the procedure to a Mexican food restaurant and had the biggest burrito they had covered in jalapenos.  Fuck their take it easy recommendations, I was hungry!

I waited until I was 56, but the fears were unjustified.  The IV into my hand was the only tiny bit of pain that day.  Of course, the the night before was a shitfest.

I have one scheduled for November. Last one 5 years ago went fine, I woke up, started asking the doctor questions, he said I can tell you but you won't remember. No doc, i'm totally fine, I will remember. So he answers my questions.

I remember none of that, that's just what the wife told me. What I remember is waking up again and asking the wife, when is the doctor going to come in, and her busting out laughing.

I think I had the prophonol or whatever it is that killed Prince and Michael Jackson. I was my dads designated driver for his a couple of years ago. He got some better stuff because he woke up very coherent, good to go.

52 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I'm getting close to being due for my second one (first was at 55, all clear) and dread the hell out of it.  Despite all the "precautions" taken during the prep, I managed to ruin a $1200 recliner and a sizable section of carpet.  Golytlely my ass. (pun intended)

appropriate name.

• Haha 2

You’d think your ass would be sore after it’s over but somehow it isn’t. The prep sucks but the drugs make up for it. As I was waking up I had the best dreams and feelings I’ve ever had. Complete joy and contentment. I felt surrounded by friends and family and completely at peace. It seemed like a glimpse of heaven. I’m due for another one and I’m looking forward to it.

Crazy how you are awake but not really there. Sort of disconnected.  I could feel what felt like the whole fist, but it didn't hurt.  Initial pics looked clean as a whistle. More detailed report coming.  Munched a delicious sub sandwich shortly thereafter.