Colonoscopy

Sbbruin

Just finished my first.  Prep was not nearly as bad as I feared.  The main issue for me was going without food.   I'm told they removed 3 polyps and are sending them off.  They don't seem concerned and said to come back in 5 years.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lat22 said:

The biggest problem I've had in the past is flirting with the nurse when they first wake you up from your Propofol nap. That shit is awesome.  Unless you're Michael Jackson.

Yes on the Propofol.  I’m actually looking forward to my next one in two years.  

I go in tomorrow at 8:30 for mine. It’s been annoying having no solid foods. Overall not just starving hungry or anything but there is really nothing appealing or rewarding about a day with “meals” comprised solely of chicken broth, beef broth and popsicles/jello…which I normally never even think about having but at least seemed a little more “solid” than more broth. Washed down all day with just water and Gatorade. Took the first of the 2 drinks a couple of hours now but no toilet bombing yet. Can feel my stomach churning and just waiting for the big moment.

deed5d0594330ca8842e5a93bda0cef1.jpg

In the waiting room ready for the big event! I will share that last night all of my dreams involved shitting including one in which I hogged the only toilet in some place for an inordinate amount of time and couldn’t stop shitting (in the dream). Per my scale, I am down about a pound over yesterday morning so there’s that.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Took the first dose 3.5 hrs ago. The main colon blow seems to be over but I get to do it again at 4:30a for a 10a procedure. I’m hungry. Can’t wait to eat lunch tomorrow.

The fasting fucked me up way worse than the prep and the procedure.  

• Like 1

The nap is everything it’s cracked up to be. I did not want to be woken up.

The post-procedure farts are epic as well. They puff you up like a frog so they can get a better look and all that air has to come back out.

About to crush some Chick-Fil-A and go back to bed. Good news is I was all clear and don’t have to go back for ten years.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Drinking the liquid (Clenpiq for me) is pretty much the least unpleasant part. The hours of diarrhea, hunger, and sleep deprivation are much worse. I can’t imagine the pills help much with that.

Everyone I know hates the drink.  Sure, I was hungry but after I took the pills and started shitting, I wanted nothing to do with food.

If you follow the 2-3 day diet prep leading up to the night before, the night before really isn't that bad.  Speaking for myself, though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2022 at 6:39 PM, RiverwalkMiner said:

I made it to 54 without anything up my backside , however a year of occasional abdominal pain has me a little worried I waited too long. 

The good news, it's also my birthday, so post op weekend will be gluttonous. 🤘

You still alive?

• 3 weeks later...