do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yes, she counts.  As do baggage handlers, duty free shop clerks, airport security, et. al.  But unfortunately, while we can count the limo driver who held the "Murphy/O'Brien" sign up at the airport...we cannot count his other two passengers...heads of security for the Aryan Union (very underrated episode IMO).  

You also got to think outside the box (pardon the cliche).  Although we don't see him on the plane, Jerry meets Gavin Polone on a flight back to New York.  Gavin falls ill and Jerry must take care of his dog, Farfel.  Joseph Maher was fucking hilarious, as Gavin, in that episode.  Fun fact---that actor Joseph Maher was nominated for 3 Tony Awards over his theatrical career.  

If only Jerry would have remembered her from the limo two years later, he would have understood why the bitch wouldn't eat a bite of pie.

• Hook 'Em 1

It was puzzling that the Aryan Union would let high-level security fall to the niece of a greaseball Tuscan wop like Poppie. 

It's been years, but we had an intra-thread discussion going about actors who played more than one role on Seinfeld.  There were way more than I thought there'd be.   

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

(very underrated episode IMO).  

What about him, he's part of it. His whole personality is a disguise. No real person can act the way he does. Elaine, I'm telling you they're with
the organization. They're all part of it. He's in there with Helms and Hunt and Liddy, that whole crowd. George and Jerry, they probably know who killed Kennedy!

• Haha 2

Jesus, I never really stopped to realize.  Kramer was the original Qanon believer.  Shit, maybe he's actually Q himself.  

Makes sense, he's ex-military, his wealth is a complete mystery, he lives largely off the grid even though he hides in plain sight in Manhattan, hell nobody even knew his fucking real name for a decade.  

Oh shit, here we go down the rabbit hole...

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

Also, wasn't Jim J. Bullock a flight attendant in coach in one of the episodes?  Monroe always cracked me up.  

You're just going to have to wait.  You're not supposed to get up during the food service.

There is also a Larry David voice only cameo as the guy who ordered the kosher meal 6 months ago but forgot about it.

19 hours ago, Lobo said:

It was puzzling that the Aryan Union would let high-level security fall to the niece of a greaseball Tuscan wop like Poppie. 

It's been years, but we had an intra-thread discussion going about actors who played more than one role on Seinfeld.  There were way more than I thought there'd be.   

Some of these make you say "oh, of course" and their minor roles make it easy to see how they could do more than one character,  but holy shit on Jackie Chiles, would have never guessed he could get away with a second character.

https://thebrag.com/seinfeld-actors-two-different-roles/

• Hook 'Em 2

20 hours ago, Lobo said:

Jesus, I never really stopped to realize.  Kramer was the original Qanon believer.  Shit, maybe he's actually Q himself.  

Makes sense, he's ex-military, his wealth is a complete mystery, he lives largely off the grid even though he hides in plain sight in Manhattan, hell nobody even knew his fucking real name for a decade.  

What really blows my mind is how Jerry is considered the one doing well off, as a medium-talent comic in NYC. Constant references to his money and savings and he buys $700 suit jackets with pink striped lining and loans Elaine $5k for an apartment and always pays the bill at Monk's, etc. Doesn't make sense. Comedians ain't making that kind of scratch and he comes from a family that sold beltless trenchcoats-- not exactly the Rothschilds.

16 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

What really blows my mind is how Jerry is considered the one doing well off, as a medium-talent comic in NYC. Constant references to his money and savings and he buys $700 suit jackets with pink striped lining and loans Elaine $5k for an apartment and always pays the bill at Monk's, etc. Doesn't make sense. Comedians ain't making that kind of scratch and he comes from a family that sold beltless trenchcoats-- not exactly the Rothschilds.

He lives in a rent controlled building. He gets his suites in exchange for dinners at Mendy's. He got most of his money from cashing his grandmother's birthday checks and the money his father earned from being on the Board at Del Boca Vista.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, Lobo said:

He like saying the n-word a lot too, aparently.

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Some of these make you say "oh, of course" and their minor roles make it easy to see how they could do more than one character,  but holy shit on Jackie Chiles, would have never guessed he could get away with a second character.

https://thebrag.com/seinfeld-actors-two-different-roles/

Man, there is some gold in that article.  Great find.

On the one hand it's like a taller, pregnant Laraine Newman morphed into a younger, less trollish Laura Ingraham. 

On the other hand, both pics look like Bronson Pinchot in drag (NTTAWWT).  

I don't know what they put in the water cooler at the Yale Drama Dept. but you could spend hours trying to find an actor/actress who went through that program that doesn't have some seriously funny, comedic chops.  On the other hand, everybody else I know that went to Yale are among the least funny people I know.  Every attempt at humor has to be spoonfed and explained to them like Kenny Bania doing a meta-breakdown of comedy for aliens on "The Twilight Zone."  

Fun fact-today is the 25th anniversary of the episode "The Seven."  Known for having a "Mandela Effect" on Lobo's memory.  I know the Seven babyname thing is obviously from a time when George is engrossed in his work at the New York Yankees.  A latter half of the series job for George.  But the other plotlines are Jerry dating the woman who's always in the same dress.  And the bike that Elaine and Kramer both want.  Plotlines I could swear happen much, much earlier in the series---Season 3, 4, or 5 at the absolute latest.  

But nope, back half of Season 7.  

Obviously the episode is written earlier in the season, but this week also marks 25 years of the last time that Larry David & Jerry Seinfeld write an episode together.  Obviously one of their strengths is hiring great writers to continue their legacy, and of course---Larry's departure from the show.  But they got lightning in a bottle one last time when a week after "The Seven", comes an hour-long/2-parter....."The Cadillac."  The reason we remember so much funny shit from that one episode (Jack Klompus, the Impeachment, Art Vandelay-Importer/Exporter, Susan thinking George is having an affair, meeting with Marissa Tomei to have an affair, and the whole mess with the Caddilac itself) is because it's actually two episodes.  This whole time, I thought I was laughing at a single 21-minute episode.  Ahhhhhh, the magic....

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I don't know what they put in the water cooler at the Yale Drama Dept. but you could spend hours trying to find an actor/actress who went through that program that doesn't have some seriously funny, comedic chops.  On the other hand, everybody else I know that went to Yale are among the least funny people I know.  Every attempt at humor has to be spoonfed and explained to them like Kenny Bania doing a meta-breakdown of comedy for aliens on "The Twilight Zone."  

Fun fact-today is the 25th anniversary of the episode "The Seven."  Known for having a "Mandela Effect" on Lobo's memory.  I know the Seven babyname thing is obviously from a time when George is engrossed in his work at the New York Yankees.  A latter half of the series job for George.  But the other plotlines are Jerry dating the woman who's always in the same dress.  And the bike that Elaine and Kramer both want.  Plotlines I could swear happen much, much earlier in the series---Season 3, 4, or 5 at the absolute latest.  

But nope, back half of Season 7.  

Obviously the episode is written earlier in the season, but this week also marks 25 years of the last time that Larry David & Jerry Seinfeld write an episode together.  Obviously one of their strengths is hiring great writers to continue their legacy, and of course---Larry's departure from the show.  But they got lightning in a bottle one last time when a week after "The Seven", comes an hour-long/2-parter....."The Cadillac."  The reason we remember so much funny shit from that one episode (Jack Klompus, the Impeachment, Art Vandelay-Importer/Exporter, Susan thinking George is having an affair, meeting with Marissa Tomei to have an affair, and the whole mess with the Caddilac itself) is because it's actually two episodes.  This whole time, I thought I was laughing at a single 21-minute episode.  Ahhhhhh, the magic....

AliveOblongAdmiralbutterfly-max-1mb.gif

Our eyes met across the crowded hat store. I, a customer, and she a coquettish haberdasher. Oh, I pursued and she withdrew, then she pursued and I withdrew, and so we danced. I burned for her, much like the burning during urination that I would experience soon afterwards.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Dammit, don't post shit like that on a Saturday morning.  Now I'm gonna wonder which other of my favorite tertiary characters is dead in real life.  Shit, I got into that show 30 years ago and many of the actors were already in their 50's and 60's.  What else should I expect?  

Having said that...

"We were expecting about 200 people."  

On 2/1/2022 at 2:04 PM, Cheeseweasel said:

He lives in a rent controlled building. He gets his suites in exchange for dinners at Mendy's. He got most of his money from cashing his grandmother's birthday checks and the money his father earned from being on the Board at Del Boca Vista.

Damn....well done...bravo!

On 2/1/2022 at 12:44 PM, TurkeyChew said:

I think you're selling him a little short within the show's universe. I'd say within the show he's doing better than "medium-talent comic in NYC"... within the show he's successful enough that he goes on the Tonight Show multiple times, the Today Show (at least once with the Puffy shirt) and gets a pilot/development deal with NBC, and works steadily in and out of NYC.

I think, within the show, he's probably supposed to be a comedian who is fairly well-known nationally and makes the rounds on the late night shows... kind of like, well, him, before his show hit big, or maybe someone like Ray Romano, also before he got his show. Just all of those guys who were his peers that were always on Letterman or Carson/Leno in the 80s/90s.

So he's not like multi-millionaire or anything, but I imagine he's doing pretty well.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

I think you're selling him a little short within the show's universe. I'd say within the show he's doing better than "medium-talent comic in NYC"... within the show he's successful enough that he goes on the Tonight Show multiple times, the Today Show (at least once with the Puffy shirt) and gets a pilot/development deal with NBC, and works steadily in and out of NYC.

I think, within the show, he's probably supposed to be a comedian who is fairly well-known nationally and makes the rounds on the late night shows... kind of like, well, him, before his show hit big, or maybe someone like Ray Romano, also before he got his show. Just all of those guys who were his peers that were always on Letterman or Carson/Leno in the 80s/90s.

So he's not like multi-millionaire or anything, but I imagine he's doing pretty well.

I mean, Kramer isn't sure he can be friends anymore after he sees Jerry's paycheck.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Another thing that strikes me as interesting in the show universe and maybe as a reflection of the time (late 80’s/early 90’s), apparently if you weren’t a drinker/partyer in NYC, your social outings consisted of going to the movies with your friends. That’s all they seem to do socially and recreationally. 

3 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

Another thing that strikes me as interesting in the show universe and maybe as a reflection of the time (late 80’s/early 90’s), apparently if you weren’t a drinker/partyer in NYC, your social outings consisted of going to the movies with your friends. That’s all they seem to do socially and recreationally. 

Good observation.  You can count the times they went to a bar/club, even at their young age, on one hand.  

I guess I went to movies a few times a year with friends before I got married, but not many. 

if you wanna play a fun game, forget the fake movies in Seinfeld universe.  We’ve exhausted that.  But try to think of real movies they reference and/or watch at home/at cinema