do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

All that stuff is so small. It’s stupid.

(I have started to think season 8 is the funniest. Not the most original or inventive because the characters are well entrenched. But it doesn’t quite yet “insist upon itself” and it’s rather pure comedy rooted in the accepted and established absurdity of the characters and concept). And some of the best one-off characters with no expectation they ever show up again. Good examples: Brody the bootlegger. Man hands. The bizarro cast. Brilliant and just plain funny.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Man, the writing on the Keith Hernandez episodes is so good.  The whole relationship reversal (or whatever) thing with Jerry and Keith is hysterical.  And also intertwined with Vandelay Industries and George trying to fool the unemployment office.  So good.

Kamer and Newman instantly stepping in and being psyched to help him move is great, too.

1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I can produce Keith Hernandez right here within the hour.

I love how she wants to pawn her daughter off on George, a guy who she knows is unemployed and somehow can't find a job and is trying to scam his way into an extension of unemployment benefits.  Thanks mom.

Cross posting from the Jeopardy! thread, this was Final Jeopardy yesterday:

An aria from this opera says, "Put on your costume & apply make-up to your face. The people pay & they want to laugh"

I only knew it because of Seinfeld.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, McCroskey said:

look at this…they are redoing the Cloud Club!

That was my idea too!

Side note: my wife does this all the time.  Claims all these inventions and ideas were hers.  In fairness, one of them was (a POS system in the early 2000s that was way ahead of its time and actually got chosen by a McComb's professor to get sent to the patent office, but they couldn't afford it), but I always like to quote Jerry when she brings these things up.

Which part? The renovating the restaurant you don't own part, or spending the 200 million you don't have part?

• Like 1