do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

9 minutes ago, futureman said:

what was one of the more difficult questions?

The one I had the most trouble with, but eventually sussed out:

Category: Stand Up (at the beginning and end of episodes)

Question: Jerry says this food is the favorite of lazy people because it already looks half-digested.

Alright...fun game.  We're gonna make the lineup (both defensively and offensively) of all the baseball players mentioned by name on "Seinfeld."  Obviously there's gonna be lotsa Mets and Yankees but there were a few other guys in the mix over the seasons.  If we have a leftover guy, we can have him DH, but let's say 8 position players, 1 starting pitcher, and a reliever who---spoiler alert---has to be Roger McDowell.  And you can have them in your prime so you can take 50's Mantle or 40's DiMaggio.  

1b should be Keith Hernandezm or Lou Gherig, I'll hang up and listen.  But remember, there are a handful of guys from other teams mentioned over the long-run of the show.  Don't sleep on one of 'em for sure.

Edited by YGIFS

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Alright...fun game.  We're gonna make the lineup (both defensively and offensively) of all the baseball players mentioned by name on "Seinfeld."  Obviously there's gonna be lotsa Mets and Yankees but there were a few other guys in the mix over the seasons.  If we have a leftover guy, we can have him DH, but let's say 8 position players, 1 starting pitcher, and a reliever who---spoiler alert---has to be Roger McDowell.  And you can have them in your prime so you can take 50's Mantle or 40's DiMaggio.  

1b should be Keith Hernandezm or Lou Gherig, I'll hang up and listen.  But remember, there are a handful of guys from other teams mentioned over the long-run of the show.  Don't sleep on one of 'em for sure.

SUB QUESTION

hqdefault.jpg

Who was the last player mentioned in the run of the series and by whom?

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Griffey and Bonds are starting in the outfield.

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

SUB QUESTION

hqdefault.jpg

Who was the last player mentioned in the run of the series and by whom?

Griffey and Bonds are starting in the outfield.

With Babe Ruth (he's mentioned twice).  This will obviously piss off Frank Costanza, "What the hell did you trade Jay Buhner for?"

OF is stacked, although you may have to work in Bonds at DH and send DiMaggio out there or Mantle at DH.  IF is a little trickier than it seems at first glance.  

As for last player mentioned, I don't know who said his name but I remember it was right when all the Japanese guys came here to play and I think it was Irabu?  I wanna say?  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

With Babe Ruth (he's mentioned twice).  This will obviously piss off Frank Costanza, "What the hell did you trade Jay Buhner for?"

OF is stacked, although you may have to work in Bonds at DH and send DiMaggio out there or Mantle at DH.  IF is a little trickier than it seems at first glance.  

As for last player mentioned, I don't know who said his name but I remember it was right when all the Japanese guys came here to play and I think it was Irabu?  I wanna say?  

Good call.  Actually fuck Bonds, that steroid freak pussy.  Mantle at DH, Dimaggio and Ruth out there with Griffey.

And it was Irabu, but it was Frank yelling it out in the courtroom during finale when Steinbrenner was on the stand.

Yeah, I didn't wanna cheat and look it up.  I was torn between Irabu and Matsui and remembered Matsui probably came to play after the show had ended.  

I'm all for leaving Bonds off the "Seinfeld" Improv baseball team against that violent Better Midler.  OF is good, Gehrig is the obvious choice at 1b for the bat, but Keith Hernandez deserves a look for his glove because we'll have plenty of offense and because, he's...well, "He's Keith Hernandez."  Yogi I think is the only catcher ever mentioned, not 100% sure.  Your callback prowess has exceeded mine in my middle age.  But rest of IF and pitching does have some conundrums.  OF was easy to me just based on one episode with George working out trades.