do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

15 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I think I just saw George's hamster in the habitrail.  It's when he's ironing while he's on the phone with Elaine and Anna.   White fluff ball in the upper part.

wh1oKP1LIMH4f2iT3HC7ju1ernGmI-wsYpboGb8H

Amazing that the hamster is referenced more than his brother.  

Probably not the first to make this observation, but in the Bookman episode Jerry says he doesn't drink coffee and in the Dog episode they say Jerry doesn't drink caffeine. His most recent show is about drinking coffee. I wonder why they gave Jerry that character trait?

I think he just tells Bookman that because Bookman is a "cop" and Jerry is embarrassed he has no coffee to offer a cop so his cover is that he doesn't "touch the stuff."  We know Jerry frequently drinks coffee at Monk's and elsewhere but is careful to order decaf.  Which itself is the brunt of many jokes at his expense.  On a handful of occasions, we also see him smoke cigars and even a few scenes where he enjoys some wine and even hard liquor.  I don't know that you ever see Jerry, Elaine, or George drink beer though, kinda odd---Just Kramer.  

We also know Jerry was "kidding but not kidding" when he shouted his order to Kramer & George at the airport, "AND PICK ME UP SOME DUTY FREE KALUHA!"

16 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I think he just tells Bookman that because Bookman is a "cop" and Jerry is embarrassed he has no coffee to offer a cop so his cover is that he doesn't "touch the stuff."  We know Jerry frequently drinks coffee at Monk's and elsewhere but is careful to order decaf.  Which itself is the brunt of many jokes at his expense.  On a handful of occasions, we also see him smoke cigars and even a few scenes where he enjoys some wine and even hard liquor.  I don't know that you ever see Jerry, Elaine, or George drink beer though, kinda odd---Just Kramer.  

We also know Jerry was "kidding but not kidding" when he shouted his order to Kramer & George at the airport, "AND PICK ME UP SOME DUTY FREE KALUHA!"

Elaine drinks beer when she’s lamenting that George is getting married and she also takes the bottle of vodka when she finds out that Vincent is a 15 year old. 

Oh, I remember Elaine getting fucked up on Schnapp's, vodka, a few other dates of wine and cocktails.  Even pills.  I just don't remember her drinking a beer.  Even the George getting married episode, I cannot for the life of me picture her with a beer.  I thought maybe she had one at the Yankee game in the Orioles hat.  But yeah, I knew she drank wine and liquor, why I mentioned her and beer specifically.  Mainly because buzzed JLD is best JLD.  

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Oh, I remember Elaine getting fucked up on Schnapp's, vodka, a few other dates of wine and cocktails.  Even pills.  I just don't remember her drinking a beer.  Even the George getting married episode, I cannot for the life of me picture her with a beer.  I thought maybe she had one at the Yankee game in the Orioles hat.  But yeah, I knew she drank wine and liquor, why I mentioned her and beer specifically.  Mainly because buzzed JLD is best JLD.  

#Seinfeld from Joanna Hayes

She slings the rest of the pack over her shoulder when she walks out...

Seinfeld" The Postponement (TV Episode 1995) - IMDb

Edited by PantsTent
found the rest of the evidence
  • Hook 'Em 6

11 minutes ago, ohchaucer said:

Jerry and Elaine are drinking coors yella to celebrate the break up of David and Beth Lookner.

Good call.  As I recall, it was a banquet generic label obviously meant to mimic Coors.  And one of 'em says, "That 'I'm there for you' crap worked like a charm" and they toast.  

On 10/20/2022 at 3:15 PM, 'stache said:

Probably not the first to make this observation, but in the Bookman episode Jerry says he doesn't drink coffee and in the Dog episode they say Jerry doesn't drink caffeine. His most recent show is about drinking coffee. I wonder why they gave Jerry that character trait?

I think he’s mentioned on Comedians in Cars that coffee drinking is something he adopted after the show and he quickly became pretty obsessed with it.