do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don't want a carpet sweeper, they don't do anything!

The carpet sweeper is the biggest scam perpetrated on the American people since one hour martinizing!

Spoiler

I just googled one hour martinizing for probably the 10th time.  I can never remember what it is...some kind of dry cleaning technique apparently.

• Hook 'Em 1

It shrinks?  

I just realized we should open up a laundromat/dry cleaner with a bar (not a new concept, I grant you) that only plays Seinfeld and Curb re-runs with trivia.  And it's name?  "The Frightened Turtle."  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1

See, that's how you do it.  We can also discuss Ponies and various equine offshoots.  "Of all the photos I saw of immigrants arriving at Ellis Island...I never saw one of them on a pony!"  

I'm just a Festivus purist.  I don't like to see the Festivus decorations up in stores before Thanksgiving.  I say "Happy Festivus" not "Happy Holidays" or "Merry Festivus."  And the quotes should be saved for the week of.  There's a War on Festivus coming, you know?  And it won't be saved until Morty Seinfeld is reinstalled as President.  

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

The airing of grievances has begun?

Almost.  I mean, I'm walking through the store the other day before Thanksgiving.  And they've already got out their damn aluminum poles.  Turns out they were just load bearing posts, but still.  And then some guy challenges me to feats of strength.  Turns out it was just a homeless dude whacked out on meth.  

Maybe a Festivus Advent Calendar?  With funny Seinfeld pictures/icons behind each door?  Or the 12 Days of Festivus?  I dunno, why aren't we capitalizing on this more?  My in-laws are coming down today for early Christmas.  No booze.  Should be a hoot.  Probably why I'm clinging to this this morning.  

^

This, and Kramer's look of relief.  Boy, it makes you wonder what it was all really for, huh?...

And when he first comes back and hears that all the other crew got other jobs a long time ago.  That look he gives the boss, it's genuine befuddlement.  As much as I love Michael Richards, over 9 seasons...he really only had like 5 faces he could make.  But each one had like 37 uses.  

23 minutes ago, futureman said:

one of my favorite parts of that episode is during the credits when kramer is digging his gum out of the bagel dough and the manager walks up, and you can tell how tired he is of kramer, and he says “all right, that’s enough. you’re fired.”

What episode? We're not talking about that now.

Shit, i fucked that up.  Denim Vest guy says 'Fright Night', or was that Kramer?  Jerry says "Bad Lighting on the Porch!" as he scampers back to the table.  

You know, for all the shit that Season 8 gets for being the one after Larry David leaves...think about how much we quote and rewatch:

The Soul Mate-George's briefcase and diorama 

Bizarro Jerry-maybe not the most quotable episode from the season, but we all crack up when we think of the way the mirror-images behave around Elaine

Elaine's dancing and Jerry's movie bootlegging and then Jerry gets investigated later on by the USPS (They're the ones, writing it off!)

Kenny Roger's roasters.  Sex with the Portuguese waitress.  Cockfighting.  Cadillac.  Van Buren Boys.  

I could go on, but you get the idea.  Obviously the premises were ridiculous, but the whole fucking show was sublimely insane.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

See, that's how you do it.  We can also discuss Ponies and various equine offshoots.  "Of all the photos I saw of immigrants arriving at Ellis Island...I never saw one of them on a pony!"  

I'm just a Festivus purist.  I don't like to see the Festivus decorations up in stores before Thanksgiving.  I say "Happy Festivus" not "Happy Holidays" or "Merry Festivus."  And the quotes should be saved for the week of.  There's a War on Festivus coming, you know?  And it won't be saved until Morty Seinfeld is reinstalled as President.  

Snoopy and Prickly Pete

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Shit, i fucked that up.  Denim Vest guy says 'Fright Night', or was that Kramer?  Jerry says "Bad Lighting on the Porch!" as he scampers back to the table.  

You know, for all the shit that Season 8 gets for being the one after Larry David leaves...think about how much we quote and rewatch:

The Soul Mate-George's briefcase and diorama 

Bizarro Jerry-maybe not the most quotable episode from the season, but we all crack up when we think of the way the mirror-images behave around Elaine

Elaine's dancing and Jerry's movie bootlegging and then Jerry gets investigated later on by the USPS (They're the ones, writing it off!)

Kenny Roger's roasters.  Sex with the Portuguese waitress.  Cockfighting.  Cadillac.  Van Buren Boys.  

I could go on, but you get the idea.  Obviously the premises were ridiculous, but the whole fucking show was sublimely insane.

Yama hama!

I am one of the few the like the later seasons better.  8 and 9 both have some of my favorite all time episodes.

On 11/29/2022 at 8:20 AM, WBT said:

It's a misprint.  What do you got, a Clarkman?

Has anyone else ever wondered how Puddy managed to install a garbage disposal below the shower? Especially in an old apartment building. It doesn’t seem like it would fit beneath the floor, or between floors in an apartment. Even if it did, wouldn’t it require tearing out the floor pretty extensively? It almost seems like the floor would need to be raised to fit it, an even more extensive job, and Kramer might not fit since he’s so tall and I doubt those apartments have high ceilings.