do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

Shit, can't believe I forgot Dana Gould.  I loved him as a teenager.  Whenever his stuff comes on satradio, it still  holds up well and he's still touring today.

37 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Pat Buckles. One of my favorites for some reason.  Just wanting to be Jerry's best friend so badly.

"Jerry take the coat!  Please!  One month!"

"Call me when you get home so I know you're ok!"

I was today years old when I found out Barry Diamond (aka Buckles) was a standup comic.  That's an underrated episode with the coat storage.  Reminds me of the kind of bizarre shit my wife's family and mine do.  Lobo, take this table leaf and keep in your garage and some day, my third cousin will come by and pick it up.  Just for a month, or a few years.  Diamond will always be Rudy from "Bachelor party" to me though.  I wonder if that's how Tawny Kitaen got cast on "seinfeld"  Shit, I just found out she's dead.   

23 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Dana Gould, aka Summer George.

On 1/2/2023 at 10:10 PM, futureman said:

the dark continent is no place for an addict, elaine. 

Was just trying to think of all of Peterman's euphemisms for heroin:

• White lotus
  • Shanghai Sally
  • Yam-Yam

I think there are some more but can't think of them right now... Yam-Yam is definitely my fav.

35 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Was just trying to think of all of Peterman's euphemisms for heroin:

• White lotus
  • Shanghai Sally
  • Yam-Yam

I think there are some more but can't think of them right now... Yam-Yam is definitely my fav.

Smack. White palace. The Chinaman's nightcap.  (pretty sure they got some negative reaction on that last one)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Wasn't it opium? From the poppy seeds?

The dark continent is no place for an addict, Elaine.

Ah yeah opium. My bad.

I should have known because one of my all-time favorite Peterman quotes (which I've probably posted in this thread 2-3 times already):

"In a tiny way, I almost feel responsible. I'm the one who sent him to Thailand in search of low-cost whistles, filled his head with pseudo-erotic tales of my own Opium excursions...

Plus, I gave him some phone numbers of places he could score near the hotel."

I think I have the characters right, but what's the episodic context of (I think) George insisting that Elaine join him (and I think Susan or another date) at the booth.  and it goes something like:

George, "Elaine, please join us.  I insist."  

Elaine, "Sorry George, but you know...I've got that thing."

George, "Nah Elaine...the thing's canceled.  You'll sit, please."  

24 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I think I have the characters right, but what's the episodic context of (I think) George insisting that Elaine join him (and I think Susan or another date) at the booth.  and it goes something like:

George, "Elaine, please join us.  I insist."  

Elaine, "Sorry George, but you know...I've got that thing."

George, "Nah Elaine...the thing's canceled.  You'll sit, please."  

The Doll.  George and Frank are in the booth talking about how George's parents are moving to Del Boca Vista.

• Like 1

Would that be considered a cameo back then or just a guest appearance?  Was news radio already on?  Honestly don’t know.  

I wonder if Fong from the restaurant where peterman and George dine is related to Harry Fong, the opera buff.  

57 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Would that be considered a cameo back then or just a guest appearance?  Was news radio already on?  Honestly don’t know.  

NewsRadio premiered with a short 7-episode season March 1995; its first full season was the fall/spring 1995-96 season and his appearance in "The Invitations" was in May 1996, so basically that same TV season.

So it was already on the air, but hadn't been for very long at all, especially when you consider that they cast him and probably shot that scene when only a handful of NewsRadio episodes had even aired.

P.S. NewsRadio was fucking awesome. One of my top 5 favorite shows from that era.

Edited by oSuJeff97
  • Hook 'Em 2

If left of Bania is Russell D. from NBC, and I'd like to think that it is.  Only one I don't get is back row 3rd left, between Mr. Wilhelm and Babu.  The bearded dude?  Unless it's supposed to be Whatley but that's the worse likeness of all of 'em, and there's some pretty bad ones (thankfully, there's other clues).  Overall, I like it.  I'll give it a B+

What's the ball of grey hair above the Soup nazi supposed to represent?  

Edited by YGIFS
Glad to see Elaine finally get that sub punchcard filled

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

If left of Bania is Russell D. from NBC, and I'd like to think that it is.  Only one I don't get is back row 3rd left, between Mr. Wilhelm and Babu.  The bearded dude?  Unless it's supposed to be Whatley but that's the worse likeness of all of 'em, and there's some pretty bad ones (thankfully, there's other clues).  Overall, I like it.  I'll give it a B+

What's the ball of grey hair above the Soup nazi supposed to represent?  

Back row, 3rd left is the guy from Seattle that Elaine dated I think.  Ball of gray is Steinbrenner.

Edited by Biff Tannen
nevermind, I think it is Whatley

Shit, I'm slow in 2023.  Of course, it's Steinbrenner.  That's all we ever saw.  Dumbass Lobo.  

Yeah, some episodes had Whatley clean shaven with that 90's caesar haircut.  Other episodes he had a more thick head of hair with the beard.  It was hard to pinpoint.  But yeah, they've got some obscure one-off characters and are missing a few occurring ones.  Like the bizarro-world guys from half an episode are right up front and I realize that's because the original album cover has the other beatles cutouts next to 'em.  So that's clever.  But you gotta squeeze Jack Klampus 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Shit, I'm slow in 2023.  Of course, it's Steinbrenner.  That's all we ever saw.  Dumbass Lobo.  

Yeah, some episodes had Whatley clean shaven with that 90's caesar haircut.  Other episodes he had a more thick head of hair with the beard.  It was hard to pinpoint.  But yeah, they've got some obscure one-off characters and are missing a few occurring ones.  Like the bizarro-world guys from half an episode are right up front and I realize that's because the original album cover has the other beatles cutouts next to 'em.  So that's clever.  But you gotta squeeze Jack Klampus 

Fun trivia - the season/episodes when Bryan Cranston had the close-shaved head was from the time when he was shooting From the Earth to the Moon, in which he played Buzz Aldrin. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Fun trivia - the season/episodes when Bryan Cranston had the close-shaved head was from the time when he was shooting From the Earth to the Moon, in which he played Buzz Aldrin. 

When he puts the mistletoe above his head for Elaine and she declines him is great.  

Yep.  Only reason I got it is the blue leisure suit.  Some of the faces proper are hard to figure, gotta look at outfits.  Like Mr. Lippman appears across many episodes over many seasons and deserves to be on there.  But he's always in a suit.  But for the glasses switch, he has no discernible look.  But for 4 minutes, he wears that silly muffin bakery outfit.  So there it is.  

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yep.  Only reason I got it is the blue leisure suit.  Some of the faces proper are hard to figure, gotta look at outfits.  Like Mr. Lippman appears across many episodes over many seasons and deserves to be on there.  But he's always in a suit.  But for the glasses switch, he has no discernible look.  But for 4 minutes, he wears that silly muffin bakery outfit.  So there it is.  

Bringing him back for the muffin tops was great.  No, no, it is!

Mr. Marbles on top of the broken stereo is a really nice homage.  Even with glasses, I have a hard time making out images on screens (always have, probably why I'm always getting catfished).

1.  Whats the candy box over on the far left by the flowers.  Not the O'Henry one.  ?

2.  And then, what's the white box between the S and the E?  NM, the Sponge. 

3.  What''s the blue textbooks?  

Edited by YGIFS
Sponge. Got it.

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Mr. Marbles on top of the broken stereo is a really nice homage.  Even with glasses, I have a hard time making out images on screens (always have, probably why I'm always getting catfished).

1.  Whats the candy box over on the far left by the flowers.  Not the O'Henry one.  ?

2.  And then, what's the white box between the S and the E?  

1. Jujyfruits

2. Today Sponges

• Like 1

At first I didn't think the bizarro dudes deserved that prominent a spot, then I looked at my SPLHCB cover and realized the beatles cutouts next to the band.

As for the blue book.  

"You don't have to explain it to me.  If you could just...tell me what it is!" /Elaine

Thank you!  Couldn’t make out shit, should be part of an eye exam.  Which of course is covered in which two Seinfeld episodes? 

honestly, my working best guess yesterday was some kinda science textbook.  The one George was reading in the diner when he cuts them off and proclaims, “Yes, of course!  Absolute zero!”

21 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I struggled with that one too, seems odd to highlight him from a small part of a single episode. The Bizarro crew and the angry gays seem out of place too, they were very small parts of the series, the Bizarro crew being a single episode. 

Cedric & Bob were in a whopping 3 episodes.  Only 2 of which are now in circulation (thanks a lot, Puerto Rico!).  The Bizarro guys are there, as I stated above, as a mock of the original SPLHCB album cover.  If you google the image, you'll see why he did it that way.  It was actually pretty clever considering his other works.  

There's some questionable omissions but he had fixed space with which to work, I get it.  There's also some prominence to some folks who don't necessarily deserve it.  I love the Keith Hernandez episodes, but does her deserve front-row billing over Puddy?  Nope.  I mean, Puddy have the move! 

29 minutes ago, WBT said:

Am I crazy or did they just say that the kid doing the sign language for the national anthem in the TCU-Georgia game is named Seven Chandler?

what a fucked up crossover episode.  They waited 25 years for this?  

I guess Soda Tribiani was unavailable?  

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 1/7/2023 at 2:08 PM, oSuJeff97 said:

NewsRadio premiered with a short 7-episode season March 1995; its first full season was the fall/spring 1995-96 season and his appearance in "The Invitations" was in May 1996

I read this in the "Andrea Doria collided with the Stockholm in dense fog 21 miles off the coast of Nantucket" tone.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1