do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

On 9/15/2022 at 5:40 PM, McCroskey said:

Just sat down at a bar and one of the bartender’s names is Koko.

Now she prob thinks I’m some kind of asshole because I snickered when I saw that simultaneous to her asking me what I wanted to drink.

I'll have a brewski, Charlie.

The name's Mitch.

image.png.b339d793b523016fe1d5b81a047a9531.png

• Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 2:52 PM, Biff Tannen said:

I like how the entire premise of Morty embezzling from the HOA treasury is based on the fact that they don't think Jerry's material is good enough to have him afford a Cadillac.

One of my favorite running bits on the show is them making fun of Jerry's comedy.

• Like 1

Just now, oSuJeff97 said:

One of my favorite running bits on the show is them making fun of Jerry's comedy.

Yeah, it literally starts in Season 1 and continues all throughout every season.  The mom constantly telling him to go into advertising, their frequent surprise at his success, Morty worried he'll have to go back to work, moving in together, and then everybody at del Boca Vista (chief among them Jack K.) deriding his sets behind his back but to his parent's faces.  It's usually pretty subtle and you can tell it bugs the shit out of Jerry.  Aside from "last year at the Playhouse", my other two favorite digs at his comedy are Uncle Leo,

"Jerry, you need some new material.  I've heard you do that dog routine three times already.  Your cousin Jeffrey could write some new material for you."  the whole exchange is so tense and condescending but hilariouis 'cause it's Leo.

the other one is later on in "The Pen", when Morty and Jack are fighting and Jerry's trying to win back the room and he totally bombs 

"You ever notice when you fly, they give you the little bag of peanuts?" (only time he actually jokes on the show about the deal with airline peanuts)

and then that old lady from Del Boca Vista shouts, "NOT MY HARRY!  HE ONLY FLIES FIRST CLASS!"  such a perfect encapsulation of nobody in parents/Leo peer group think he's funny because they take it all so damn literally.  

I dunno, I just love that episode and that long-running schtick 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, it literally starts in Season 1 and continues all throughout every season.  The mom constantly telling him to go into advertising, their frequent surprise at his success, Morty worried he'll have to go back to work, moving in together, and then everybody at del Boca Vista (chief among them Jack K.) deriding his sets behind his back but to his parent's faces.  It's usually pretty subtle and you can tell it bugs the shit out of Jerry.  Aside from "last year at the Playhouse", my other two favorite digs at his comedy are Uncle Leo,

"Jerry, you need some new material.  I've heard you do that dog routine three times already.  Your cousin Jeffrey could write some new material for you."  the whole exchange is so tense and condescending but hilariouis 'cause it's Leo.

the other one is later on in "The Pen", when Morty and Jack are fighting and Jerry's trying to win back the room and he totally bombs 

"You ever notice when you fly, they give you the little bag of peanuts?" (only time he actually jokes on the show about the deal with airline peanuts)

and then that old lady from Del Boca Vista shouts, "NOT MY HARRY!  HE ONLY FLIES FIRST CLASS!"  such a perfect encapsulation of nobody in parents/Leo peer group think he's funny because they take it all so damn literally.  

I dunno, I just love that episode and that long-running schtick 

Larry David with the scream from the background:

I'D RATHER HAVE A BOTTLE OF SCOTCH!!!!

• Haha 1

Is that what that other heckle was?  I could never make that out and I've watched that scene 20 times.  I could pretty much make out it was Larry, but couldn't make out the words.  All these years later, still peeling back the onion of smiles.  

• Haha 1