do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

18 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I was looking at the Wednesday (Addams) thread, thought about John Astin as Gomez in the original series, thought about his guest appearance on Mad About You, then remembered that Kramer was living in Paul Buchman’s old apartment.

holy shit.  had no idea.

I was never able to tell if that was considered a "nice" apartment building or not. They make reference to Jerry doing well as a comedian and having money and he almost moved that one time to a nicer apartment with a garden, but stayed the rest of the time. Now we find out that Kramer was subleasing from Paul. Not sure that tells us anything one way or another.

I also just rewatched the Andrea Doria episode, it never stuck with me that Kramer wrote "Astonishing Tales of the Sea" and "Astounding Bear Attacks" so he was an author even before the coffee table book about coffee tables. I don't recall that ever coming up, seems like he and Elaine would have a lot of common acquaintances. Maybe I'm the only person who missed that, it explains a little bit how he affords things.  

I think he was written to be horribly unlikable.  Beauty of the show is, like Larry David, they’re all horrible people but deep down they know they’ll always be miserable.  But they’d quietly like to please other people and be liked in return as some small trade off with the universe.  That’s what makes this guy and just a handful of others so unique.  Jerry hates him, we hate him, and no effort is made to turn the guy over to liking the four.  Kramer just uses him for drawers. 

17 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I don't think Kramer ever claims to have written "Astonishing Tales of the Sea"  I may have that wrong though.  I think he says, "It's all in my book..."  As in the possessive like, "It's all there in my DVR" or whatever.  I dunno.  

16 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Correct

11 hours ago, 'stache said:

You guys are right. I just looked up the transcript.

KRAMER: Oh yeah. I also got "Astounding Bear Attacks"

when I watched it recently I heard him say “I also wrote Astounding Bear Attacks” just heard it wrong I guess.

I see it more of those as books he wrote or is working on, but never published. It would fit in with the rest of his 1000 unfinished projects. 

Edited by NorthLoop

Ron Benington was talking about the East River this morning and how fast the current moves down to the Harbor and how dirty the water is, you can't see a foot in front of you.  So of course, I start crying at the stoplight:

"The East River?  The most heavily polluted waterway on the Eastern Seaboard?"

"Well technically, Norfolk has more gross tonnage!"  

• Hook 'Em 1

And who could forget from The Secret Code:

“And there, tucked into the river's bend was the object of my search. The Gwon-Jaya River Market. Fabrics and spices traded under a starlit sky. It was there that I discovered the Pamplona Beret. Sizes seven-and-a-half through eight-and-three-quarters. Price, thirty-five dollars.”