Netflix to produce Witcher series starring Henry Cavill

Michael Knight

• 9 months later...

xL4fCcXayeAwAUbAqPefaN-970-80.png

https://www.pcgamer.com/witcher-season-2-trailer-release-date/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow

The Witcher season 2 is coming to Netflix on December 17
By Tyler Wilde about 3 hours ago

The eight episode season will introduce a bunch of new characters, plus a more "rock and roll" Jaskier.

The Witcher season 2 will release on Netflix on December 17, 2021. The date was announced during the WitcherCon livestream today, and puts the second season two years after the first season, which aired in December of 2019.

Like the first season, The Witcher season 2 will be eight episodes long. Netflix also revealed most of the episode titles:

A Grain of Truth
Kaer Morhen
What is Lost
Redanian Intelligence
Turn Your Back
Dear Friend
Voleth Meir
...And one that's "Top Secret"

The WitcherCon stream is still going, so there'll be more teases. So far, Netflix has only given us scraps, and no big season 2 trailer, but we might get one before it's over. 

We learned that one of the monsters featured in season 2 will be the Leshy, and got a very brief look at a bony hand. We also saw Jaskier's new, more "rock and roll" season 2 look:

fsmrNzxK3bhbRX6VpRt8Ek-970-80.jpg

"It's definitely something," joked Jaskier actor Joey Batey about the photo. "What a [bleep]. What a moron. What's he doing?"

Batey also said—jokingly, but maybe not—that "there might be a small amount of hat in [season 2] for about 47 seconds." He's referring to the bard's distinctive hat, which the producers tried (there's a photo of him wearing it) but ultimately didn't make it into season 1.

One other tidbit: We'll meet a bunch of new characters as Geralt's story develops in season 2 (see the full list in our Witcher Season 2 guide), but The Witcher showrunner Lauren Schmidt Hissrich said during the livestream that her favorite addition to the cast is Kim Bodnia as Vesemir. Her favorite scene from the season involves "Vesemir and Ciri in a Kaer Morhen lab," she said, and "took an entire day to shoot."

We'll add more details as WitcherCon continues today.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/9/2021 at 4:18 PM, Hozz said:

I hate it when character names are changed from books to screen.  Also hated the casting of Yen and especially Triss.

https://www.thegamer.com/the-witcher-heres-why-dandelion-is-named-jaskier-in-the-show/

In Andrzej Sapkowski's books that inspired both the video game series and the television show, Dandelion's name was originally Jaskier. When translated directly from Polish to English, Jaskier means Buttercup, a name that doesn't quite properly fit the bard's personality. So instead of Buttercup, the translator opted to change Jaskier's name to Dandelion, seeing that it better fit the character.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I rewatched S1 before starting S2 and I'm glad I did.  Missed or didn't understand a lot of S1.  The first 2 eps of S2 (the only I've watched so far) have been the best eps of the show imo.

I am doing a rewatch of S1 now, glad it may be worth it

• Hook 'Em 2