Masters Lottery

ousuxndallas

1 minute ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Fucking account creation isn't working.

Nothing is. Can't login to the account I've been using, and just for shits and giggles and I tried the Forgot Password option and when I put in the e-mail address it says:

Error

Sorry, our ticketing system is currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please check back in a few minutes.

2 minutes ago, crackamacgowski said:

Nothing is. Can't login to the account I've been using, and just for shits and giggles and I tried the Forgot Password option and when I put in the e-mail address it says:

Error

Sorry, our ticketing system is currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please check back in a few minutes.

I'm assuming it's a traffic issue.  The site is probably flooded right now.

57 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

If that’s greedy then I’m greedy every year and lose every time. 

If I were a dickhead that decided the ticketing i would cut the chances in half for the people who maxed out. The guy who asked for one ticket for one day would be guaranteed each year. I’ve got a theory that says this is how they do it. Fill the humble orders first then draw for the rest. 

13 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I always drop a day or two from the max because I have this imaginary theory that it matters and makes my application standout. 

I've tried many different strategies (only enter for practice rounds, only enter for weekend rounds, only ask for 2 tickets). I've entered every year for the last 20, and have been shut out every year.

A disappointment like no other!

17 hours ago, EE2B said:

In on the Masters Lottery for the first time. If I get tickets, I’ll probably have to go alone lol

If you get tickets on your first time then fuck you.

However, I'll bite the bullet and take that second ticket off your hands, really it's no problem.  I don't mind shouldering that burden.

I've entered the last 4 years, maxed out all the days and have never won.

I mixed it up this year and went with 2 for every practice round and maxed out the tournament days.

i'm sure that won't matter, but here's hoping it works!

• 1 year later...
On 5/14/2018 at 7:31 AM, Wally Fairway said:

I've tried many different strategies (only enter for practice rounds, only enter for weekend rounds, only ask for 2 tickets). I've entered every year for the last 20, and have been shut out every year.

A disappointment like no other!

20 years Wally? Shoot, you should head to the British and spend a few weeks playing before/after as a consolation gift. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, drewlaws said:

I got selected for four Monday tickets!! I've never been so I'm pumped. Anyone been on a Monday? I assume it's a slower day, but at least the merch tent will be full.

Monday is the best day for practice rounds.  You may not see as many players, but you're not going to see players.  You're going for the whole experience.  Soak it all in and enjoy.  You'll love it.

And I just hit the lottery for Tuesday - 10 years since I won it last.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drewlaws said:

I got selected for four Monday tickets!! I've never been so I'm pumped. Anyone been on a Monday? I assume it's a slower day, but at least the merch tent will be full.

I went Tuesday but it doesn't matter -- the course (and the merch) is what you're there for. Unless you're there for actual tournament rounds, the actual playing of golf is extraneous to the experience. That's why I don't think Wednesday is that great a day because the course is closed early in the afternoon while they play the Par-3 Contest.

3 minutes ago, EE2B said:

No email yet, so I logged into the Masters website. Not selected again this year. I assume I’ll get the rejection email tomorrow.

You can log into your account on the website and see.