Masters Lottery

ousuxndallas

July 2019 - Congratulations, you've been selected for four Tuesday practice round tickets for the 2020 Masters

July 2020 - Congratulations, you've been selected for four Tuesday practice round tickets for the 2021 Masters since the 2020 Masters didn't have patrons

July 2021 - Congratulations, you've been selected for four Tuesday practice round tickets for the 2022 Masters since the 2021 Masters didn't have patrons

July 2022 - Congratulations, you've been selected for four Tuesday practice round tickets for the 2023 Masters since the 2022 Tuesday practice round was rained out

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

^^^
Lulz. Well that proves it. 

The odds of getting Masters tickets once is .55%. You math nerds feel free to correct me but the odds of it happening 4 times in a row would be something like 9e-10. In layman’s terms, those odds would make winning Powerball seem like a lock. 

Edited by TonyTexas

2 hours ago, field said:

July 2019 - Congratulations, you've been selected for four Tuesday practice round tickets for the 2020 Masters

July 2020 - Congratulations, you've been selected for four Tuesday practice round tickets for the 2021 Masters since the 2020 Masters didn't have patrons

July 2021 - Congratulations, you've been selected for four Tuesday practice round tickets for the 2022 Masters since the 2021 Masters didn't have patrons

July 2022 - Congratulations, you've been selected for four Tuesday practice round tickets for the 2023 Masters since the 2022 Tuesday practice round was rained out

Wow… I need a pallet of PB to go with all my jelly. That’s awesome, sir.

You got lottery numbers you’d like to share? The odds of hitting Augusta four years running has to be smaller than winning Mega Millions.

3 hours ago, field said:

🖕
and I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Edited by conVINCEd
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, field said:

Same story for my Monday tickets this year. Was selected in the lottery in 2019, but had to wait until this year to be able to use them.

14 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

^^^
Lulz. Well that proves it. 

The odds of getting Masters tickets once is .55%. You math nerds feel free to correct me but the odds of it happening 4 times in a row would be something like 9e-10. In layman’s terms, those odds would make winning Powerball seem like a lock. 

I'm thinking he didn't win 4 years in a row, they have allowed those 2020 tickets to now roll forward to 2023. Still my 25+ years of failure just look at that and weep. 
Somehow, I think the Masters can tell that I'm a public course guy and they don't really need my kind on their hallowed grounds. I mean there is no way I'm spending $5,000 on souvenirs. 
Oh well there is always next year....you would think at some point I'd win just on pity points.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

Fuck it I’m just buying tickets this year

Denied again, thinking about doing that next year, too.

First time applying was in 2015.

Next year, I'll just apply for 1 ticket in the practice rounds.

10 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown | WXXI

Thank you for your 2023 ticket application. We have now completed the selection process for available tickets to the Masters Tournament, Augusta National Women's Amateur, and Drive, Chip and Putt National Finals. Unfortunately, your entry was not selected this year.

What a coincidence!  I got the same message…..now, 11 years in a row.  I’ll be dead at this rate.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Okay, looking for pointers.  "Won" 2 tickets to Monday's practice round and airfare in a charity silent auction last night.  I know we need to get on the hotel really quickly, so that'll be today most likely.  Is there a shuttle system that runs around or do you just walk from the hotel?  Not sure that we'll play any golf while out there, but other tips are appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Catpfish said:

Okay, looking for pointers.  "Won" 2 tickets to Monday's practice round and airfare in a charity silent auction last night.  I know we need to get on the hotel really quickly, so that'll be today most likely.  Is there a shuttle system that runs around or do you just walk from the hotel?  Not sure that we'll play any golf while out there, but other tips are appreciated. 

Load on up on stuff in the gift shop. They'll ship it home for you. 

3 hours ago, Catpfish said:

Call your credit card company and have them increase your credit limit before going to the gift shop.

5 hours ago, Catpfish said:

I have heard that Monday is a terrible day to go; you should save yourself the expense and give them to someone on Surly

• Hook 'Em 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

And, now, I just realize that I'm going to be in Hawaii.  We had four people get in the lottery with the agreement that if someone won practice round tickets, we'd all go, so at least it works out for them. I feel like Al Bundy with the luck 

Just now, Catpfish said:

Edited by Catpfish
apparently, I don't know how to edit