Hey Oil Barons.......

936horn

22 hours ago, DCA_HORN said:
23 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:
What is the allure of a relatively small British offshore producer?

Well it's a driller not producer but yeah that's not a great market going forward.

I hear ya.  Wish I would have cut my losses on DO when they were in the teens a few months back.

My biggest concern as a small operator would be regulatory changes after 2020 on fugitive methane emissions causing expensive retrofits on existing facilities. 
Is this in the works or just a hypothetical? I haven't heard anything about this.

21 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Can you explain more what you mean?

As the oil goes through the pressure drops at each separation vessel lighter carbon chains will turn to gas. Once the oil hits the tanks it is exposed to the lowest pressure so the last bit of gas will release from the oil. This is what causes the shrinkages of oil volumes from well head to tank. The lighter the oil the more gases will flash out. 

2 minutes ago, DCA_HORN said:
1 hour ago, Archer said:
My biggest concern as a small operator would be regulatory changes after 2020 on fugitive methane emissions causing expensive retrofits on existing facilities. 

Is this in the works or just a hypothetical? I haven't heard anything about this.

I would say hypothetical currently but I could see it being pushed harder especially if the harder left takes control of the Democratic Party. 

There are already environmental groups taking NM state employees to wellsites with FLIR guns to show them the horrors of methan emissions. 

https://www.edf.org/media/report-new-mexicos-methane-problem-worsens-permian-production-soars

Here’s the article with the NM State Commissioner

https://earthworks.org/media-releases/commissioner-garcia-richard-inspects-permian-pollution/

Another article from 2 days ago about the NM Govenor starting the reviews on methane 

https://www.edf.org/media/new-mexico-begins-effort-reduce-methane-pollution-and-waste

It is a definite risk especially in the bluer states. 

Just do what every other small operator does and vent your tanks to atmosphere.

“Sorry mr inspector man, my lease operator must have left the hatch open when gauging tanks this morning. You know, he’s a contractor and it’s hard to find good help these days. I’d be surprised if he even made that battery in the past week!”

What could go wrong?

The deal we are looking at is in Texas, but is higher gravity. I had not heard this but appreciate you bringing it to my attention. 
It's not going to be an issue in Texas. We are flaring something like 600 mmcfpd as it is. I assume this is conventional gulf coast type assets?

37 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

The deal we are looking at is in Texas, but is higher gravity. I had not heard this but appreciate you bringing it to my attention. 

Like DCA said Texas should be safe unless the Feds step in with the EPA. If you were curious you could see if the current operator has done any FLIR surveys or go out and do them yourself. I probably wouldn’t until forced to...

I'm assuming this is what you're talking about:

https://marfapublicradio.org/blog/a-week-after-a-midland-officer-is-shot-and-killed-questions-remain/

CEO of Unitex Oil and Gas shot and killed a MIdland Police Officer responding to an alarm at his house back in March. Was indicted 2 weeks ago on Manslaughter charges.

On 6/11/2019 at 3:51 PM, Storm the Field said:

https://marfapublicradio.org/blog/a-week-after-a-midland-officer-is-shot-and-killed-questions-remain/

CEO of Unitex Oil and Gas shot and killed a MIdland Police Officer responding to an alarm at his house back in March. Was indicted 2 weeks ago on Manslaughter charges.

Haven't checked this thread in a while, but just want to add that David is just about the nicest and most genuine guy you could ever meet.  I actually know him and some of the extended family of the officer that he mistakenly shot.  I say mistakenly, because there is no way he did it on purpose.

On 6/11/2019 at 8:04 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

Anyone here think it’s reasonable to apply hyperbolic decline curve analysis on shallow conventional Permian production?  

Haven't done it in a bit, but for those type of well, I typically go with a hybrid of hyperbolic for the initial decline then go with logarithmic one it looks like its starting to level out and stabilize.   

38 minutes ago, JimmyTwoTimes said:

The most bullish thing about NG at this point is positioning, CTAs are almost max short at this point.

3 out of 4 really loose misses on storage in the last month. It’s a pig. We’ll bounce, sure, but it will be of the dead cat variety.

Yep.  That and we could be at a sun spot max these next 18 months.  Winter could be brutal this year 

On 6/11/2019 at 3:51 PM, Storm the Field said:

Indicted?

Why not paid time off?

• Like 1

I have a very good buddy who consults wherever oil is drilled, from the Bakken to Kuwait, and he pulls $2000 per day.  He probably works 200 days or so per year.  I have no idea why he still does it.

Does he want a lackey?

I have no idea why he still does it.

I think I might have a lead on that...

he pulls $2000 per day

And he learns great things in his travels, like Lexus does not make a convertible.  Infinity ONLY!

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 1