Hey Oil Barons.......

936horn

3 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Why exactly are all the big guys and refiners up6-12%?

Ehat happened?

They've slashed spending and the virus curve is declining so they are seen as a value buy. 

The majors are a great buy right now. As soon as worldwide demand picks up in the next 6-24 months they are going to double, while spitting off a 5-8% dividend. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

any thoughts on EOG? from an investment standpoint are they right behind Exxon and Chevron? thanks in advance.

XOM and CVX pay good dividends and have flat out said they will defend their dividends at any cost.  They also have widespread international operations and refining that some what smoothes out the big drops.  Last month when CVX was below $60 and XOM was at $30 were most likely investment opportunities of a decade if not a few decades.  Both are well off those lows.

I went with XOM near $31 because the dividend was 11% at that point.  Pay me a minimum 11% a year with relative security and I’ll hold that bitch forever.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Errestaurants said:

any thoughts on EOG? from an investment standpoint are they right behind Exxon and Chevron? thanks in advance.

I’ll defer to the experts with better thumb on the pulse, but if you held a gun to my head and said you have to invest in one domestic independent I’m picking EOG.  But in these times I think XOM and CVX got way undervalued and you get paid to wait it out.

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

working with oneok, you feel like you're working for a friend / a buddy.

the other two, meh. 

Going to look into them, but in the end I want to get paid; not make friends and buddies.

But that does carry some weight because my previous employer used to have that kind of vibe then got bought out by a huge int'l company after which it all went to shit.  I guess there's a difference between working for a company and having a company work for you.  Back in those good old days it was pretty fun knowing that if you took care of business and kept your customer happy then the rest would take care of itself.  Not the story today by any means. 

The change in attitude also coincided with the change in expense report usage.  It's a direct correlation.

50 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

working with oneok, you feel like you're working for a friend / a buddy.

the other two, meh. 

Oneok pays massive dividends.  My overlords I'm investing heavy in them because we are still balls to the wall production and they pay great dividends.  For us.  We got our bonuses and a 4 percent raise.  Methanol and Acdetic Acid is still being bought by the boat loads we can't make enoguh

1 minute ago, DalTxHornFan said:

I've been long on ONEOK for a long time.  The dividends are nice.  The recent price collapse was unfortunate, but I was able to buy a bunch at $13, so I'm OK with it.

Nice a solid company trading at 82 bucks a share.  Hit 10.  I bought them at 18.  

9 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Since UWT is shut down after going to $0.16, how big an implosion event can there be?

Yeah, guess I missed that one to be honest.  I didn’t even know the ticker.   Was just saying that a move like this in one day would implode one of those ETN’s, if not for it already trading in the next front month.  

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

Yeah, guess I missed that one to be honest.  I didn’t even know the ticker.   Was just saying that a move like this in one day would implode one of those ETN’s, if not for it already trading in the next front month.  

dwtif already died lulz