Hey Oil Barons.......

936horn

41 minutes ago, markstanco said:

The only cool city in Oklahoma is

Oklahoma is a shithole.  That being said Tulsa and OKC are infinitely better than anything in west texas.  I know, I was born there and my whole damn family has been in the area for 3-4 generations.  

Oh and I loaded up on OKE, CVX, XOM.  I don't see the big boys having issues long term and these are plays I can keep for decade plus if needed.  Dividends are solid and not going anywhere imo...of course we stay in negative pricing shit can change rather fast. 

36 minutes ago, Henry Hill said:

Any oil ETFs or equities primed for a massive spike once pricing “normalizes”?

Anyone who tells you CVX and XOM are not in for a massive spike if/when prices normalize is a moron.  You can argue 'normalize' but if it's over $50 per barrel those will jump quite a bit and while you sit on your ass, there's a decent dividend.  Chevron has increased their dividend 34 years running.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Oklahoma is a shithole.  That being said Tulsa and OKC are infinitely better than anything in west texas.  I know, I was born there and my whole damn family has been in the area for 3-4 generations.  

Oh and I loaded up on OKE, CVX, XOM.  I don't see the big boys having issues long term and these are plays I can keep for decade plus if needed.  Dividends are solid and not going anywhere imo...of course we stay in negative pricing shit can change rather fast. 

I bought XOM and HAL today so the smart money is probably bailing.

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Where were u born? El paso is better than anything in oklahoma... hell, Terlingua is better than any place in oklahoma

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Where were u born? El paso is better than anything in oklahoma... hell, Terlingua is better than any place in oklahoma

I absolutely love El Paso, and I'll give you that one.  Born in Lubbock...grandparents laid roots in Amarillo.  Family scattered down through Midland.  We know oil and the life.  El Paso is beyond where we cover, much too nice for our liking.  Best friend in college was from El Paso - that was the end of when you could go over to Juarez and have the time of your fucking life...and live to tell about it. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 1

I bet you could score a Lafayette 10 for a mani/pedi gift card and a pound of boudin right now. 
I was sitting in a Starbucks by the med center in Laffy once, and a brand new white Escalade, lifted, black rims and big tires pulls in. Big pink sticker on the back window "Spoiled Oilfield Wife". The chick that got out of it was wearing "Pink" sweatpants, Uggs, wife beater and no bra hugging her brand new tits, one arm sleeved out with trashy ink, Channel sunglasses and a tacky manicure. I imaging that gal will be back sucking dicks in the parking lot of the strip club she started out in pretty soon.. 

Go on...
  • Like 2

I bet you could score a Lafayette 10 for a mani/pedi gift card and a pound of boudin right now. 
I was sitting in a Starbucks by the med center in Laffy once, and a brand new white Escalade, lifted, black rims and big tires pulls in. Big pink sticker on the back window "Spoiled Oilfield Wife". The chick that got out of it was wearing "Pink" sweatpants, Uggs, wife beater and no bra hugging her brand new tits, one arm sleeved out with trashy ink, Channel sunglasses and a tacky manicure. I imaging that gal will be back sucking dicks in the parking lot of the strip club she started out in pretty soon.. 

Do you know where she...uh...worked?
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I implied buying an-10 and selling at -35, i would lose a negative $25/bnl

You buy for -$10: you are given $10 with the contract for delivery.

You then sell to me for -$35: You give me $35 and the contract

Edited by Rusty Shackelford
x1,000 barrels per contract
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

"I sent her to school and bought her some tits."

21 minutes ago, Hate said:

Do you know where she...uh...worked?

I just remember thinking somewhere there was some 20-something dude with a GED thinking he had the world by the tail, making double time and a half working offshore and swimming in debt with no idea what a precarious position he was in. 

I just remember thinking somewhere there was some 20-something dude with a GED thinking he had the world by the tail, making double time and a half working offshore and swimming in debt with no idea what a precarious position he was in. 

“And, my son, during those hard times there was only ONE set of footprints in the sand.....and some used condoms and needles your wife tossed....”
  • Like 5

Just now, Eastwood said:

Natty almost touched $2 today, though

I’ve been hammering the table on this for a while, and been wrong, but it’s becoming clear that I’m going to be right eventually.  I just hope I can maintain my positions long enough to see it through.  I feel like Michael Burry with my stubbornness, even though this isn’t nearly as valuable a trade. 

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Anyone who tells you CVX and XOM are not in for a massive spike if/when prices normalize is a moron.  You can argue 'normalize' but if it's over $50 per barrel those will jump quite a bit and while you sit on your ass, there's a decent dividend.  Chevron has increased their dividend 34 years running.  

So my stake in CVX @ $133 was a good buy last year?

• Like 1

This is why things like OPEC++ and RRC don't matter right now. The free market has taken over. Supply is going to equal demand. The price will fall until it does. We need to take out roughly 30 million barrels a day of supply. Prices will fall to whatever point it takes to get enough shut ins to balance the market. Once the market is back in balance, prices will rise to whatever is needed to maintain that balance. It should be the marginal cost to produce the 70 millionth barrel (on an operating cost basis). No clue what that is, but I know it's a hell of a lot lower than the 100 millionth barrel. We'll also have a crazy amount of spare capacity to bring on line at a ridiculously low price.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Having lived in Lafayette for 3 years in the 90’s, a Lafayette 10 is some damn fine eating. That town is full of hot women. God bless USL !

• Like 4