Hey Oil Barons.......

936horn

There's more to trading than just the price.  There's even words to describe it.  Do you man, nobody gives a shit.  I was just commenting that swings happen to more than just oil.  Please enlighten us on how you and the Dukes cornered the commodities markets.  

4 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

There's more to trading than just the price.  There's even words to describe it.  Do you man, nobody gives a shit.  I was just commenting that swings happen to more than just oil.  Please enlighten us on how you and the Dukes cornered the commodities markets.  

I don't profess to know jack shit about commodity trading, but here's your quote

I’d say gold is more volatile in terms of price fluctuation

Which is a complete bullshit statement. If you didn't mean "price fluctuation", maybe don't say "price fluctuation" and then act like a cunt when you get called out

65784481_Screenshot_20221221_214728_Chrome2.jpg.45e1c891271f98ebb5fa2ab791996d9b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Screenshot_20221221_222505_Chrome.jpg.548eef7698bd5379cbcf7e5bd7f9b2a2.jpgIt was a conversation about natural gas trading that you jumped into, and I didn't even notice that your dumbass switched over to oil. Not that it really matters because my guess is any energy commodity will be more volatile on average than precious metals, due to the greater fluctuations of supply and demand. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I switched over to oil?  Dah Fuck?   My posts #5600, #5602, #5604, and #5606 all clearly referenced oil from the get-go....not natural gas, never switched over from shit.  There was no sinister crossover.  Oil fluctuates and has trading volatility.  I get it.  Gold, historically, has had more.  It's not controversial.  We're talking about nothing.  Energy has baked in demand and as a result trading arbitrage.  Precious metals aren't necessarily needed more when it gets cold or summer travel season is upon us.  Apples and Oranges.  All I said was, in response to questions of volatility, is Gold has historically had more than Oil.  Your brilliant 9 month NG chart notwishstanding.  

Edited by YGIFS

On 12/21/2022 at 8:56 PM, Blotto said:

I don't profess to know jack shit about commodity trading, but here's your quote

Which is a complete bullshit statement. If you didn't mean "price fluctuation", maybe don't say "price fluctuation" and then act like a cunt when you get called out

65784481_Screenshot_20221221_214728_Chrome2.jpg.45e1c891271f98ebb5fa2ab791996d9b.jpg

Dude will never admit when he's wrong, so don't even bother.

• Fuck You 1

I admit the last 12 months of NG pricing were more volatile than that of Gold.  I whole heartedly admit it and confess to my sins.  

My point was a broader historical trend for Gold, but yes commodity pricing must only be taken in 12-month snapshots.  As we all know commodities have only existed in 1-year windows.  Gold's been around for awhile and fluctuated quite a bit.  But that's just me lying.  

I left my market risk job on a crude and gas desk last week to return to engineering at a major. I didn’t realize how much I missed the engineering side of the industry. 
Also I can now talk about crude markets again. Only scenario I see $90 WTI by month end is with a serious stock rally or other external event. I feel like we are in for more bad news in the markets which will pull down WTI. Plus fundamentals don’t support it.

Edited by Tex48
  • Hook 'Em 1

Natural gas is going no where fast either it seems. I’m not convinced that a couple of Feb/Mar cold snaps are gonna save us this time.

While we wait for the cold , storage continues building towards/above 5 year average volumes during this mild January. I see us hitting a low of 2.75 and heading back towards 4.50 by late Feb.

No idea about the rest of the year re: prices (who does?) I work at a gas-heavy south TX producer (small) so gas prices are always my main concern. 

Edited by Loop 1604

Anyone have any thoughts on the LNG industry? I’m about to take a job with a LNG company after telling myself that I would never work for an O&G company again. LNG seems like it is fairly insulated from the market volatility of the oil market. Am I wrong to think that and should I just stay at my tech firm job?

11 hours ago, Loop 1604 said:

Natural gas is going no where fast either it seems. I’m not convinced that a couple of Feb/Mar cold snaps are gonna save us this time.

While we wait for the cold , storage continues building towards/above 5 year average volumes during this mild January. I see us hitting a low of 2.75 and heading back towards 4.50 by late Feb.

No idea about the rest of the year re: prices (who does?) I work at a gas-heavy south TX producer (small) so gas prices are always my main concern. 

Main driver I could see for high prices in the summer could be demand on the power side. I think 2021s summer was highlighted by low wind and lack of water for hydro. This drove natural gas demand especially in the southwest. As long as the southwest continues to be in a drought, I see support for high summer vol. 

On 1/12/2023 at 9:29 PM, Tex48 said:

Only scenario I see $90 WTI by month end is with a serious stock rally or other external event. I feel like we are in for more bad news in the markets which will pull down WTI. Plus fundamentals don’t support it.

image.gif.ba01551c21e990b363d2142c51314342.gif

20 hours ago, Hate said:

OK...looks like I am back in the game.  What do we have to do to get LNG to an all time high for the next 10 years while also keeping gasoline low?  Thanks in advance.

Sell a shitload of electric vehicles. Them shits gotta charge off the grid, which is largely LNG fueled for thermal power

Bout to be that time of year again. Less than 10 days until NAPE is once again upon us. Last year was the most fun in years after half a decade in the doldrums. Bakken party on Wednesday night last year was a downright rager. 

Looks like this year should be just about the same. Almost everyone I've seen is basically hosting the exact same events they did last year.

3 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

Bout to be that time of year again. Less than 10 days until NAPE is once again upon us. Last year was the most fun in years after half a decade in the doldrums. Bakken party on Wednesday night last year was a downright rager. 

Looks like this year should be just about the same. Almost everyone I've seen is basically hosting the exact same events they did last year.

Fuck you NAPE. I hate you. 

I'll be at NAPE for the first time several years.  When I say "be at NAPE" I really just mean, I'll be in downtown Houston on Feb 2nd. I'm definitely not planning to subject myself to the actual expo. 

Although there are some fond memories from the expo in the past.  Like at the Wednesday icebreaker, only minutes after meeting @immamac in person for the first time, I blasted some unsuspecting lady with a dodgeball in an effort to win a ford pickup ... good times.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BTW said:

I'll be at NAPE for the first time several years.  When I say "be at NAPE" I really just mean, I'll be in downtown Houston on Feb 2nd. I'm definitely not planning to subject myself to the actual expo. 

Although there are some fond memories from the expo in the past.  Like at the Wednesday icebreaker, only minutes after meeting @immamac in person for the first time, I blasted some unsuspecting lady with a dodgeball in an effort to win a ford pickup ... good times.  

The icebreaker, huh?

What was imma doing there?