NFL Fans going goon not going away

usmc0331horn

17 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Out of shape old guy fights are the best. No one gets hurt. Everyone gets winded 3 seconds in and they need about 15 minutes to recover.

You need to invest some time in girl fights my man

image.gif.28bfc29ede9645f94fed97fe3ebf64ae.gif

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Fair, but anyone who takes a 4-year-old to an NFL game probably shouldn't be in charge of a 4-year-old.

16 minutes ago, Zeus said:

True

It's just wild college games are also full of drunk people they just are such a happy vibe and happy people compared to these NFL slugfests lol

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

You fuckers drunk on a random Wednesday afternoon in May? It's a Cubs baseball game. 

18 minutes ago, Zeus said:

True

It's just wild college games are also full of drunk people they just are such a happy vibe and happy people compared to these NFL slugfests lol

Yup.  Everyone likes to blame alcohol, but it's not alcohol.  I've been to a ton of college games, and the majority of the people are shitfaced with little to no issue.  I've probably seen one in-stadium fight in 100+ college games.

I've been to like 5 NFL games and it always seems like 1 out of every 3 or 4 people is just ready to snap at any second.  It's a completely different demographic.  The crowd at NFL games seems to be split between elites mostly there to be seen, and people who have taken second mortgages out for their nosebleed seats and will beat the shit out of their kids when they get home.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

You fuckers drunk on a random Wednesday afternoon in May? It's a Cubs baseball game. 

yeah but 99 of the hunnit fights on here are dipshit fat NFL fans wearing jerseys 

58 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

The clip Zeus quoted was a fight at a football game.

Who's drunk on a Wednesday now?  

Half of Surly, probably.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ignatius said:

Almost all of this shit at NFL games goes on in the cheap seats. Spend a little cash (I’m not talking about suites) to sit among actual fans at an NFL game and it’s a pretty fucking good time…

Every experience I’ve ever had at AT&T Stadium has been miserable. I haven’t gone since Dak’s first game. And that’s by design. I’ll never go to another game even if given the best suite tickets, Sienna Miller wants me to take her, I’ve got a parking pass right by the suite, or even a helicopter ride back to Dallas. 

Every experience I’ve ever had at AT&T Stadium has been miserable. I haven’t gone since Dak’s first game. And that’s by design. I’ll never go to another game even if given the best suite tickets, Sienna Miller wants me to take her, I’ve got a parking pass right by the suite, or even a helicopter ride back to Dallas. 

Was it just being in the same building as Jerry that did it?
  • Hook 'Em 1

Dumb. It offered a suite for a game I would be there in a minute. Also my kid loves the cowboys (regarded) so when we get free tix we go.

But turning down a suite? That’s dumb.

Just now, Hate said:

Why would any kid love the Cowboys? You’d have to be in your mid to late 30’s to have any real memory of when they were good. It’s damn near child abuse to pass in your fandom of this franchise to your kids.

F that.  My 9th grader is a die hard.  Much cooler to me for him to support a team in his blood over some rando team like the Pats because they've been good since his birth.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

F that.  My 9th grader is a die hard.  Much cooler to me for him to support a team in his blood over some rando team like the Pats because they've been good since his birth.

They are easy to like because so many people hate em too.

But damn, Jerry Jones what a goof

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Zeus said:

They are easy to like because so many people hate em too.

But damn, Jerry Jones what a goof

True that,

Also, my son's name is *Emmett.  He didn't have much of a choice.  But, it's surprising to me how loyal he is considering we lived in TN until he was 9.

*My great grandfather's name was Emmett.  His name was only 10% fanboi driven.

• Haha 1

I will never understand why anyone would pay the money to go to an NFL game.

It must cost well over $200 for a ticket, parking and beer plus the incredible hassle and traffic.

I can sit at home in the AC with my own beer and watch it on TV which has a much better view plus I can watch all of the other games going on at the same time.

But alas I am old so get the fuck off of my lawn.

I feel the same way about Texas games.....I used to go to every home game (for over 50 years by the way) and some road games but it is just not worth it any more.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

It must cost well over $200 for a ticket, parking and beer plus the incredible hassle and traffic.

I can sit at home in the AC with my own beer and watch it on TV which has a much better view plus I can watch all of the other games going on at the same time.

I feel the same way about Texas games.....I used to go to every home game (for over 50 years by the way) and some road games but it is just not worth it any more.

I went to my first Cowboy's game last season. It was my first, and definitely my last. It's a much inferior experience to a good college game. 

What is the best college game experience you've ever enjoyed? 

Mine was a West Point game at Army. Wow, was that amazing. 

12 hours ago, markstanco said:

Dumb. It offered a suite for a game I would be there in a minute. Also my kid loves the cowboys (regarded) so when we get free tix we go.

Without question. It’s a scene I never want to deal with. And the logistics even when you have a parking pass right up front are untenable. If someone gave me an entire suite for a game Id immediately put it on StubHub or extort you. 

11 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

I went to my first Cowboy's game last season. It was my first, and definitely my last. It's a much inferior experience to a good college game. 

What is the best college game experience you've ever enjoyed? 

Mine was a West Point game at Army. Wow, was that amazing. 

I have a couple.....

The 1970 Cotton Bowl when we beat Notre Dame for the national championship.

And the very next season when we played UCLA in Memorial Stadium and Cotton Speyer caught the game winning TD pass from Eddie Phillips in the waning minutes.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, markstanco said:

I had to host my company’s suite at least once a year for about 12 years. It’s such a sterile experience, completely removed from the game. You have to deal with the traffic just for the fun of sitting a long way from the action, be isolated from the energy of the game, and be a cardboard opera-clap fan. Completely different than having season tix for CFB, which I’ve had for decades. 

If offered suite tix and close-in parking, I’ll only go if I really have to because of the social implications or company politics. Not because I enjoy it. 

2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Best to just not leave the house.  Safer that way.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Thats exactly where I'm at. Pro and college sports continue to rachet up the cost of every fucking aspect of the game day experience (tickets, parking, concessions, etc...). As long as there are people out there that will pay whatever they want to charge, they will keep gouging. But they lost me as a regular years ago. I will attend maybe one UT game a year, and thats only when I have old college buddies in town who come for a game. The juice just aint worth the $400-$500 squeeze for a couple of people to get decent seats, park, eat/drink etc..., especially when the opponent is Rice, La Tech, TCU, etc and its hot as Satan's asshole in Sept. Fuck that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

If you're that old to have gone to every home game for over 50 years then by all means staying at home is the best choice now

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Hermanator said:

If you're that old to have gone to every home game for over 50 years then by all means staying at home is the best choice now

Exactly....

However even if I was younger I think I would stay home with the way it is now.

Plus I like to watch every college game I can so staying at home allows me to watch Texas and all of the other games on that day.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/5/2022 at 7:53 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

Hello my brother. I will only add that when watching at home, I can set the DVR, start watching an hour late, and fast forward through all the inane commercials, incessant reviews, and other assorted bullshit and end up with the game ending at about the same time as in real life as on my DVR.

edit to add: 50 years is about right for me as well. I was getting hauled to pretty much every home game from about age 6 or so.

Edited by High Plains Drifter
  • Hook 'Em 1

I still like going to college games.  My son is really into them.  Had a blast three years ago at the Texas/Iowa St. game.  The next year, we went to the K State game, but left at halftime.  Last year's Okie St. game was dogshit.  I think many of us would have a different opinion if the product was better.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/4/2022 at 10:22 AM, Duane Moore said:

It’s a baseball game, but I couldn’t resist, especially because of the guy yelling the whole time:

Reminds me of the old Arlington stadium outfield bleachers. $2 tickets at Minyards, 32 oz beers for a dollar or so and by the 7th inning it was drunken chaos

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

I have a couple.....
The 1970 Cotton Bowl when we beat Notre Dame for the national championship.
And the very next season when we played UCLA in Memorial Stadium and Cotton Speyer caught the game winning TD pass from Eddie Phillips in the waning minutes.

I bought Cotton a beer one time at Shoal Creek Saloon. /csb
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 5/5/2022 at 1:26 PM, Blotto said:

Thats exactly where I'm at. Pro and college sports continue to rachet up the cost of every fucking aspect of the game day experience (tickets, parking, concessions, etc...). As long as there are people out there that will pay whatever they want to charge, they will keep gouging. But they lost me as a regular years ago. I will attend maybe one UT game a year, and thats only when I have old college buddies in town who come for a game. The juice just aint worth the $400-$500 squeeze for a couple of people to get decent seats, park, eat/drink etc..., especially when the opponent is Rice, La Tech, TCU, etc and its hot as Satan's asshole in Sept. Fuck that. 

Yep.  I live in Austin and only go to one or two football games a year.

And I go to 5 to 10 baseball games for about the same price.

18 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Reminds me of the old Arlington stadium outfield bleachers. $2 tickets at Minyards, 32 oz beers for a dollar or so and by the 7th inning it was drunken chaos

I met my wife on a night when a group of us went to the old Arlington stadium, sat in the outfield, and had those $2 beers. 30 years later it’s all good. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...