NFL Fans going goon not going away

usmc0331horn

On 9/7/2022 at 10:38 PM, markstanco said:

That really is the oddest pro fan base ever. Rams and chargers. A town that gives no shits about sports. I guess it brings out the worst people ever. If I had to live there I would be a ucla or usc fan I guess if I had to support a local team. F pro in that town.

The good thing about the NFL coming back to LA is it drew the kind of scumbags you see in this thread back to their natural habitat.  During the Carroll years this invasive species infested the Coliseum, now they're SoFi's problem.  Unfortunately, this thread might get a video from this week's USC game with Fresno State coming to town.  Trashiest dipshits in college football, I wish USC would stop scheduling them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

And they need some training oh how to properly fight.  If you're the same weight or heavier than your opponent, just get him on the ground, jump on top, and land some solid punches.  Don't swing your fists, hit him in a straight line.  If you're at a size disadvantage, get up close, grab him low, lift and knock him back on his rear end.  Come on, this shouldn't be hard.

• Haha 1

When my son asks me why we don’t go to Cowboys games, I google Jerry Jones’ picture and say “that’s why”. I need to show him this thread. He’s 12 and can handle it now. Everyone in these videos is pure trash and most fans of teams are trash. And I mean everyone in these videos. If I’m in camera view of a fight, I’m grabbing my family and running out of view. 

2 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Wait wait wait wait. 

Conflict at an event that is represented by folks from Detroit and Philadelphia??

Get the fuck outta here.

I don’t get that some fans are more prone to it than others, except Bay Area/LA/Raiders seem to be the worst.

1 minute ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

My favorite thread on surly. Watching these degenerates pummel each other in other men's jerseys is just prime entertainment and a friendly reminder of why I won't even accept free tickets to an NFL game. 

I turn them down. Every season, multiple games. I’m 44, maybe I’m too old, but I recall in my late 20s thinking this wasn’t my crowd, and this prime Parcells/Wade/Romo era. I’ve never understood anyone that is older than a young teenager that wears jerseys and in fact my son stopped doing it at like 6 years old when he had a Horns jersey with Porterhouse on the back. He’s a t-shirt/polo guy at 12. 

You get some of those dorks at college games, but unless they’re LSU or OSU, they’re not starting fights. They’re just loser nerds. 

15 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Watching these degenerates pummel each other in other men's jerseys is just prime entertainment and a friendly reminder of why I won't even accept free tickets to an NFL game. 

Pretty much this. Cro-Magnon.

It still stands - anyone over the age of 25 wearing a jersey at an NFL game deserves to be pummeled in some fashion. 

3 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

So much for the high cost of NFL tickets pricing out the common fan

They seem to be the only sport where high ticket and beer prices have no effect.  (Surprising, actually.)  Yes, it's the tailgating and all day drinking but college football has that, too.

I have zero interest in going to an NFL game.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 8:31 AM, Wally Pryor said:

Pretty much this. Cro-Magnon.

It still stands - anyone over the age of 25 wearing a jersey at an NFL game deserves to be pummeled in some fashion. 

25?  Anyone in their teenage years wearing a jersey should never be hired for any task other than non-machinery manual labor. Fucking poors. 

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

It's like the stat that Americans lost $30 billion to robocall and text scams last year.

$30 Billion.

The average American is dumb as fuck and half are even dumber. 

image.gif.d5d4a01bca05dfb3939368a18016e126.gif

They seem to be the only sport where high ticket and beer prices have no effect.  (Surprising, actually.)  Yes, it's the tailgating and all day drinking but college football has that, too.
I have zero interest in going to an NFL game.

Same. I haven’t been to any NFL game since Tom Brady went HAM all over the Vikings 35-7 about 7 years ago on my bday.

I I guess when my kids get older and can understand football better I’ll pony up and go check out the Vikings stadium. But this thread, red zone channel, my couch give me my nfl fix just fine. I also have a 3 hr post game road trip which sucks ass, especially if/when the Vikings put up a turd of a game
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Same. I haven’t been to any NFL game since Tom Brady went HAM all over the Vikings 35-7 about 7 years ago on my bday.

I I guess when my kids get older and can understand football better I’ll pony up and go check out the Vikings stadium. But this thread, red zone channel, my couch give me my nfl fix just fine. I also have a 3 hr post game road trip which sucks ass, especially if/when the Vikings put up a turd of a game

Somehow, I made it through my formative years without going to a NFL game in person.  Watching it on TV with my father was quite sufficient.

I went to my very first Cowboys game last fall. Wow. What a freak show. Had breakfast tacos at some bar, then caught a shuttle which passed through a really depressing neighborhood. At the game, there were lots of weirdly-attired dudes and their freak-show girlfriends/wives strutting around so everyone could see them. Saw lots of guys wearing those stupid, oversized chains as decor. Some of the fans seemed to view themselves as quasi-celebrity fans, if that’s even a thing. We did sit next to some fairly normal guys visiting from Virginia, (thank heavens.) I doubt I would ever go back. Stadium is awesome but had been there for Westlake state championship which was much more fun. 

It's been about 5 years since I've been to an NFL game and I don't miss it at all.  The company I worked for had suite tickets so I got fairly spoiled when I did go to games.  Overall though, it was a pain in the ass.  I'll go to NBA, MLB, and NHL games but I doubt I'll ever go to another NFL game. 

• Hook 'Em 1